News Summary: Feds probe J&J on hip implant sales

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bellingham Herald

FED PROBE: Government prosecutors are looking into how Johnson & Johnson marketed its DePuy ASR hip replacements, which the company recalled in 2010 because one in eight had to be replaced prematurely.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2013
Sherman Floyd

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

This is good as government prosecutors are conducting an investigation as well regarding how these hip prostheses were marketed. These metal-on-metal hip implants have damaging effects to its users based on media reports. Pain, loosening of the implant, inflammation, and metallosis are some of its complications. Moreover, lawsuits have been filed against some of the manufacturers of these hip prostheses. I came across this site http://idahoexaminer.com/legal-news/stryker-p... and they have recent news and updates about hip replacement problems, you may want to visit it.
Mayet C

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I think this is just one of the investigations that need to be done. Many men and women are looking for answers after their hip implant failed. I have even read some of the stories at depuypinnaclelawsuit. com, though the investigations may take more time.
Illiad

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

This is really very alarming and glad that the authorities are already being vigilant on this, to know more about this rising number of cases, check some DePuy Recall News Center sites.
Lyka Jane

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Hip replacements have been in the news because of ongoing litigation over whether a device-maker was negligent in selling metal-on-metal hip implants that had to be removed from lots of recipients, because of high failure rates. Now, a new study of more than 35,000 people finds regardless of the type of hip replacement, women were almost 30 percent more likely than men to need a repeat surgery within the first three years. To know more, there are articles that I bumped into at http://www.topix.com/forum/health/hip-replace... that may be of great help to you.
Sheree

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Concerns over a hip implant side effects cannot be ignored. A personís quality of life is at stake. Consequently, the growing concern of patients leads them to filing a Hip Lawsuit against the manufacturers of the subject metal hip implant devices.You may also want to read this article http://gbrownhealthupdates.wordpress.com/2013...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••