Shoe Seller

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 12, 2009
I lost my DM on Wednesday and she only found out that morning. It was affective immediately so we didn't even get to tell her bye. It really has almost been like a death to our district since there's no real closure, just business as usual. I hope those stores in our district that wouldn't keep their payroll in check realize they had a big hand in this. Can't wait to see what's next or who is next to go.
drakkenlady

Macomb, MI

#2 Mar 18, 2009
Did you know they did the same thing in February at the NJ distribution center only it was 14 people many worked there for years.
Shoe Seller

United States

#3 Mar 19, 2009
I had heard there were layoffs but didn't know where. I'm sorry to hear it. They need to do more at corp since they spent the last several years creating new positions and they make the big bucks. It seems from the email the CEO sent out that it isn't over yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jones Apparel Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MU professor revisits decades-old fusion project (Nov '12) Nov '12 Tony McConnell 1
Chris Daiss (Nov '08) Jun '09 Angela Garza 5
News Bruce Toll Produces "The Kite Runner." (Dec '07) Jun '09 the truth 11
News Market Winners & Losers: SunTrust, Jones Apparel (Feb '09) Mar '09 Losers 3
Cars (Jan '09) Jan '09 alora 1
News 'Dames at Sea' features super singing and danci... (May '08) May '08 retiredlawman 1
News Stocks climb on last day of quarter (Apr '08) Apr '08 Let_Us_Get_Real 2
More from around the web