Injured by Ethicon's Prolene Hernia/B...

Injured by Ethicon's Prolene Hernia/Bladder Mesh?

Created by Lana Keeton on Jul 14, 2008

1,550 votes

Click on an option to vote

Have Mesh Erosion

Multiple Mesh Repair Surgeries

Constant Pain from Mesh

Mesh Cannot Be Removed

Cannot Walk from Mesh

Cannot Have Sex from Mesh

Cannot Urinate from Mesh

Doctors Deny Mesh is Problem

Doctors Unable to Repair Mesh

Mesh has devastated your life

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182 Jun 26, 2012
Ladies/Gentlemen,

I was in a meeting with the attorneys today and one of them brought up an interesting subject concerning the toxins that are released into your body, strangely enough someone brought that up in an earlier post, "break down and leach toxic chemicals as it breaks down from the attack our bodies puts it through when our bodies try to reject the mesh".

So my question is; have any of you experienced any of these toxin side effects?

Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is a rare but potentially serious illness that can develop quickly in anyone - men, women and children (cases of TSS have resulted from burns, boils, insect bites and SURGERY). In extreme cases it may prove fatal, and has been known to cause BLINDNESS, DEAFNESS, KIDNEY FAILURE AND OR LOSS OF FINGERS AND TOES amongst victims.

Please let me know if you don't mind.

Sincerely,
Barb~
[email protected] om
PeggyC

Charlotte, NC

#183 Jul 19, 2012
I am new to this group but am reaching out for some help/guidance. My 30 yr old niece was diagnosed with non-Hopkins Lymphoma - Burkitt lymphoma. She is cancer free but then had to go in for hernia surgery - they used mesh, that was 11 months ago and she has major problems. The mesh put holes in her bowels/intestines. She has been in an out of the hospital with infections has had a hole in her stomach since the surgery. It seems like the doctors don't know what to do. I'm afraid she is not going to make it - single Mom 4 children under the age of 10. A plastic surgeon removed part of the mesh but said he couldn't do all of it because she needed a general surgeon. You can see the mesh in her stomach. I would like to beable to get in touch with a Dr who would be willing to take on her case. She lives in Rochester, NY.
PeggyC

Charlotte, NC

#184 Jul 19, 2012
The mesh that was used is Ethicon Pro-Plus synthetic
Barb

United States

#185 Jul 19, 2012
PeggyC wrote:
I am new to this group but am reaching out for some help/guidance. My 30 yr old niece was diagnosed with non-Hopkins Lymphoma - Burkitt lymphoma. She is cancer free but then had to go in for hernia surgery - they used mesh, that was 11 months ago and she has major problems. The mesh put holes in her bowels/intestines. She has been in an out of the hospital with infections has had a hole in her stomach since the surgery. It seems like the doctors don't know what to do. I'm afraid she is not going to make it - single Mom 4 children under the age of 10. A plastic surgeon removed part of the mesh but said he couldn't do all of it because she needed a general surgeon. You can see the mesh in her stomach. I would like to beable to get in touch with a Dr who would be willing to take on her case. She lives in Rochester, NY.
Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your niece! There are a couple of Surgeon's that are highly recommended, one is Dr. Zimmern in Dallas, TX and Dr. Raz in California. I highly suggest you go on the other forum and ask the ladies to give you phone numbers to these doctors.
Look on Topix for this forum; lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder suspension tape (Prolene mesh)
Sincerely,
Barb~
mesh removed

Gilbert, AZ

#186 Jul 19, 2012
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your niece! There are a couple of Surgeon's that are highly recommended, one is Dr. Zimmern in Dallas, TX and Dr. Raz in California. I highly suggest you go on the other forum and ask the ladies to give you phone numbers to these doctors.
Look on Topix for this forum; lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder suspension tape (Prolene mesh)
Sincerely,
Barb~
The above doctors are urologists, they deal with removing bladder slings.
Dr. Keven Peterson in Vegas removes hernia meshes and do not use any mesh to repair any of the hernias.
PeggyC

Charlotte, NC

#187 Jul 20, 2012
mesh removed wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Keven Peterson in Vegas removes hernia meshes and do not use any mesh to repair any of the hernias.
Thank you so much for providing this information. I checked information about Dr Peterson and he has experience with the mesh and cancer. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if she would be able to make the trip because of her current condition. 9 months ago she weighed 150 lbs (this was AFTER going through intensive chemotherapy, she now weighs 100 lbs.) Because of her current condition they aren't able to do anything except give her nutrition through a tube. They can't do surgery on her perforated bowels/intestines because the open hole in her stomach is not healing. Yesterday she had to have a blood transfusion. I'm afraid she's not going to make it much longer - 4 children under the age of 10.
mesh victim

Gilbert, AZ

#189 Jul 25, 2012
PeggyC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for providing this information. I checked information about Dr Peterson and he has experience with the mesh and cancer. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if she would be able to make the trip because of her current condition. 9 months ago she weighed 150 lbs (this was AFTER going through intensive chemotherapy, she now weighs 100 lbs.) Because of her current condition they aren't able to do anything except give her nutrition through a tube. They can't do surgery on her perforated bowels/intestines because the open hole in her stomach is not healing. Yesterday she had to have a blood transfusion. I'm afraid she's not going to make it much longer - 4 children under the age of 10.
Omg! I am so sorry, poor thing , she is suffering so much from the mesh complications and cancer history. Have you checked out truthinmedicine.us.com and tvtno.org and teapapers.com and google "meshoma", "hernia society", hopefully one of these sites can help you locate a doctor. Even though you she may not be able to travel to Cali but perhaps there is someone closer but most likely still needs to travel some what. These mesh in our bodies turn to poison, she needs it out asap.

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#190 Jul 25, 2012
mesh removed wrote:
<quoted text>
Mesh removed,
I now see where you're getting that I gave out wrong advice. I do apologize for the mix up and was only trying to help.

Sincerely,
Barb~
Enrique H

Brooklyn, NY

#191 Aug 3, 2012
Actually, problems concerning vaginal meshes are not only affecting people who are using vaginal meshes from Ethicon because other brands are also causing problems on people. If problems occur, immediately seek help from a doctor. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/bladder-pro...

“God Loves You!”

Since: Sep 08

Miami Beach, Florida

#192 Aug 20, 2012
Enrique H wrote:
Actually, problems concerning vaginal meshes are not only affecting people who are using vaginal meshes from Ethicon because other brands are also causing problems on people. If problems occur, immediately seek help from a doctor. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/bladder-pro...
Well hello again Enrique, So what doctors are you recommending before they contact your law firm, Rottenstein? Seems your firm is on all the threads I started on Topix. Guess you are getting lots of new clients. By the way, aren't attorney firms supposed to identify themselves as such and state they are advertising? Just checking. Lana
Renee

Puyallup, WA

#193 Sep 16, 2012
Hi Suzanne,
I had the same mesh implant you did... The Gynecare TVT product #810041b and I've had nothing but problems with it... I have cronic pain and infections... I can't have sex anymore... I have this cronic sharp staving pain on the left side of where my implant is and I have sharp pain in my vagina as well I can't take this anymore... I heard you are filing a class action lawsuit and I would like to file with you if you still are dealing with this... My email is [email protected] please contact me either way...

Sincerely,
Renee
Charlotte 775

Reno, NV

#194 Sep 26, 2012
I had a Inguinal Hernia repair in 2008, which was ok for about two years then mesh failed on me causing pain again, had to have a second surgery to re-repair my hernia Dr. used Bard mesh right after surgery I had a lump in the surgery site. Went to my post op and my Dr wrote it off as "Scar tissue" she said i just needed to massage it. my bump, pain, and weakness in my leg from nerve damage progressivly got worse for about two years I finally gave up and went to a different dr.he said the mesh was balled up inside and needed to come out, had to have surgery yet again to remove mesh and reconstruct the muscles inside to accomadate for the complete damage to my muscle floor that the mesh did. I am now 5 weeks out from my last surgery and still have the weakness in my leg and still in pain from all the work that had to be done.

I have reached out to a few lawers however they brush my case off like its not worth their time, I don't know where to turn at this point. but something needs to be done I don't feel I should have to pay for my surgeries since I had to go through all that I have I deserve some compansation and don't know how or where to go from here can anyone help me please any info will help.
Carrie

Gardner, KS

#195 Sep 27, 2012
I am among the many,many women who have mesh erosion and had to have surgery to remove it.
The removal surgery resulted in a horrendous infection. My lawyer obtained my medical records and guess what. The doctor never put charted the company who made the mesh or any identification number, So looks like I'm out of luck! The doctor had to leave the mesh in my thigh and pelvis in because he said it's too dangerous to remove. Any advice. I think a lot of the medical problems I an having are a result of this awful mesh!!
Lyndy

Australia

#196 Oct 24, 2012
I am reading this blog from Australia. I have been having personal problems for some years that nobody could explain. In 2004 I too had the Gynecare TVT device 810041B implanted. Since seeing on the TV & reading about the problems associated with the mesh it has made me wonder if my problems stem from this mesh tape.
I have spoken via the internet to a couple of lawyers here but they told me that the device I have is not the one the class action is being taken against. I am totally confused and wonder if you can shed some light on this. I don't want to go into detail about my problems on a public site though. Any help would be appreciated.
Renee1981

Puyallup, WA

#197 Nov 15, 2012
Dear Suzanne McClain,
My name is Renee Cook and I read your story " Suffering In Silence." I also read your post on here. This post was back in 2008 so I hope it reaches you! I had the same implant as you. The product in question is the Gynecare TVT Device model # 810041b. I had this implant done in June 29, 2012. Ive had nothing but problems such as infections, bleeding, pain and I can't have sex anymore. I have this sharp pinching pain in my vagina and I still have urinary Incontenence! I have fibers that come out when I pee and u have this horrible sharp pain in my urithra tube like I'm passing something. Among other problems. I just can't believe that this has been going on so long! My doctor told me this was the best thing for me that I would benifit from this implant! He never said anything about any side effects that I could possibly have! I found out about the Gynacare recall from my mom! But I still don't know if my device has been recalled? I've contacted a lawyer. My doctor dosent think it's the mesh causing my problems but he said he would put another implant in to help with my Incontenence problem and to see what's going on with my implant! I've called the FDA but I never get a call back. Surprising right! I'm contacting you because you have had the same problems as I have with the same Gynecare TVT Device so I just would like to talk with you. You can email me at [email protected] I hope all is well for you! Please contact me.
Sincerely,
Renee Cook

“God Loves You!”

Since: Sep 08

Miami Beach, Florida

#198 Nov 28, 2012
Breaking News…..Major Victory for Women!

And for Women’s Health Care!

Dateline: Miami, FL, USA November 28, 2012 By Lana C. Keeton copyright protected)

The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) will be up classifying all Synthetic Surgical Mesh for Pelvic Organ Prolapse repair from Class II to Class III within one year.

Even better, in the very near future, all but one of the most popular brand of prolapse kits, will no longer be sold.

The CDRH will be announcing important new regulations in December. Companies will have to pay an upfront fee of $250,000.00 to be part of a registry along with conducting 3 year clinical trials to prove safety and effectiveness of these “kits” which is not possible and will cost them millions.

And there will be major new requirements for surgeons implanting surgical mesh in the pelvis. No longer will surgeons be able to take a weekend course taught by an industry paid “medical advisor/consultant” to start implanting a filthy petroleum waste byproduct into women.

Medical mercenaries will now think twice before they mutilate women internally with a foreign body polymer that shrinks, hardens and moves at will within their pelvis mercilessly destroying their lives.

Doctors on the prolapse kit bandwagon who have ignored what they learned in med school about foreign bodies, checked their medical training at the door when they walked into the operating theatre and spouted the ridiculous mantra that foreign body polymers are biocompatible and inert will now be held accountable for their actions. Praise the Lord!!

Just as I said in January to Bloomberg News when the FDA mandated 522 studies of 99 synthetic surgical mesh products used for prolapse and incontinence, industry knows it will not be able to prove these “medical devices” safe or effective and it will cost them millions they are unwilling to spend.

And there it is. It was never about health. It was always about the money, no matter how many millions of people were harmed or put at risk for serious harm or even death.

Now we are seeing the death of insanity in women’s health. Another “Dalkon Shield” bites the dust.

Patients and patient advocates have won a significant battle for the safety of patients who will not be harmed in the future!! Glory be to God!

http://www.theladyisachamp.blogspot.com/

http://www.truthinmedicine.us.com/breakingnew...
Fred Robbins

Sebastopol, CA

#199 Dec 5, 2012
I am a 66 yr. old man. In 2007 i had a Umbilicl hernia removed, &the Doc.used Ethicon 360, &cat Gut sutures?For he last yr. i have had "HORRENDOUS" abdominal pain.!Can anyone share with me regarding this matter?
Elaine

Idaho Falls, ID

#200 Dec 7, 2012
Patients whose only wish was to be relieved from problems brought about by bladder or pelvic disorders now stand at risk of serious injuries from medical devices similar to this. It's even more daunting to know that death has been reported as one of their adverse effects. I came across some articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us/ that have detailed information about mesh and bladder sling implants. They may be of great help to people concerned and interested.
Lily

Dallas, TX

#201 Dec 14, 2012
It's no surprise that more and more women are filing legal claims against mesh manufacturers. Bladder mesh devices have been reported to cause more harm than good in women who receive them. Most women weren't also informed of the risks associated with these devices before undergoing surgery and had to learn about them the hard way. There are articles at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us that may be of great help to those who are concerned and interested.
Cindy

Idaho Falls, ID

#202 Dec 14, 2012
A friend of mine has incurred injuries after being implanted with a bladder mesh device last year. Before going through surgery, she wasn't informed of the complications that could potentially occur from the use of mesh implants. It wasn't until she suffered from injuries that she learned about them. For those who may be concerned and interested, helpful information found at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N/R: Lack of mental, epileptic drugs hit health... Mar 8 Humanspirit 1
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Jan '17 Jackiedee 89
lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder suspension t... (Aug '07) Jan '17 Sandra Aadland 4,569
shampoo for over 40s (Apr '07) Aug '16 Vcb 17
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News DePuy ASR Hip Lawsuit Update: Federal ASR Hip L... (Jul '13) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News Report cites untapped solar power potential of ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web