lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder su...
Suzanne

Starkville, MS

#1840 Apr 3, 2011
Sue Texas,
I am very interested in reading this blog you speak of, but I am having trouble locating it specifically. There are a lot of "threads" on that page; is there a specific thread we are to go to?

Will appreciate your input.

Best,

Suzanne
Suzanne

Starkville, MS

#1841 Apr 3, 2011
I found it, and I wish I could share how??? Very interesting little read.
Suzanne

Mississippi State, MS

#1842 Apr 4, 2011
If interested, go to http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.p... and read comment 10.
mjt

Winthrop, ME

#1843 Apr 4, 2011
I am having the same issues and have been told to numb a nerve in my left leg and if it works to have the nerve cut. Concerned that this is not taking care of the issue as they seem to refuse that it could be the tape. Have any of you heard of DR MIKIOS OR DR> ROBERT MOORE IN ATLANTA, you can email directly ([email protected]) if you know of a good Uro Willing to remove tape I am in deep trouble, Have the leg issue as well as had a brain stem bleed that I am wondering about the constant pain is just to much even with meds.
Granny of 4 wrote:
I just read your post and I am going through the VERY SAME THING!!! I have the erosion of the mesh, the worse pain that I have EVER had!! After seeing 7 doctors and getting nowhere, I found a doctor 188 miles away. My 8th doctor is going to do surgery on me in 4 weeks to remove the mesh, and the doctor that done my surgery, he "trapped" a nerve. My "new" doctor is going to try and release the nerve and said that if he could not get it released he would have to cut it, that means that I will be numb in that nerve. He also said that I might have to go through the PT and injections like you are going through. This has been the WORST 7 MONTHS OF MY LIFE!!!!
Tatertot

Powder Springs, GA

#1844 Apr 4, 2011
I went to a Dr. David Schmidt that practices out of Wellstar facilities in Cobb and Paulding. I had my TVT done in 2003 and I lived with it until 2008 when Dr. Schmidt was the first doctor that listened to me when I said that something is just plain wrong. He inserted a camera into my bladder and there was the tape. It had eroded into my bladder and I had been suffering that long with infection after infection. He did remove the tape from the bladder, but he left the sling. I feel so much better.
MLopez

Wolcott, IN

#1845 Apr 4, 2011
Tina wrote:
To Lana of Miami, I gave you the info you asked for but no reply. What gives? Do you think every woman that has this procedure is going to have problems? Do you think I had something different? Did you call my Urologist for info? Well, I'm waiting.....
I stumbled across this site and interested just started reading. I had the surgery done about 5-6 years ago myself. I am very happy with the results and have had no complications whatsoever. I am not by any means saying anyone is lying. I feel terrible for anyone having these complications but it's like a coin and has 2 sides. The good and the bad. You will find links where everyone who has had a negative experience bash it to death while you can also find sites where everyone will highly recommend it. My Urologist explain everything..even the possible complications which outweighed the good it has done for me. Do I have a tad of urge/frequency? Yes, but I have learned that when I feel the need to go, not to wait. Go. I'd undergo the procedure again in a heartbeat. I'm a pad free happy camper. Free to laugh, run, jump and exercise without the embarrassment or hassle of leakage.
Sue Texas

Vernon, TX

#1846 Apr 4, 2011
Suzanne wrote:
If interested, go to http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.p... and read comment 10.
hi Suzanne, I had to copy and paste but it was too long ( 4000 characters only) when I tried to post it for ya'll, I figured that since no one commented on it when I posted just the website that ya'll were having problems going to it,it is very interesting !! I tried to ask some questions and thats when one of them wrote " someone on the outside is fishing" ya'll would be interested in the " reprocessing " forum , I was shocked ,, you can to to the main cafepharma site and type in "reprocessing" and "hystersister"
I couldnt copy and paste all of it , hope it helps, I am looking for an attorney now but I dont want to go class action, I need surgery ASAP !!
Lois

Charlottetown, Canada

#1847 Apr 5, 2011
MLopez wrote:
<quoted text>
I stumbled across this site and interested just started reading. I had the surgery done about 5-6 years ago myself. I am very happy with the results and have had no complications whatsoever. I am not by any means saying anyone is lying. I feel terrible for anyone having these complications but it's like a coin and has 2 sides. The good and the bad. You will find links where everyone who has had a negative experience bash it to death while you can also find sites where everyone will highly recommend it. My Urologist explain everything..even the possible complications which outweighed the good it has done for me. Do I have a tad of urge/frequency? Yes, but I have learned that when I feel the need to go, not to wait. Go. I'd undergo the procedure again in a heartbeat. I'm a pad free happy camper. Free to laugh, run, jump and exercise without the embarrassment or hassle of leakage.
This is not a very good place for you to come telling us how well you feel. Keep it to yourself and glad for you. I have been on disability now for 3 and one half years, lost my job, cant have sex because of pain, lost my husband, lost alot of friends because of constant pain and cant go out, cant play with or lift my grandchildren, stomach is swollen, retains fluid cant pee, back and hips are in constant pain, have had pain in left buttock and down the leg and couldnt walk used a cane, am on constant pain medication, am constipated and prolapsed again,there is a kink in bowel so everything stops right there, and i vomit and have to go to the hospital and get high fleets and am sick for 3 days afterward. Thank God for people like Lana that has taken her own time to help meshies on information concerning this. Drs. told alot of us that it was in our head. I was told to go home and do pelvic excercises now that is really smart when the mesh is like a cheese grater just ready to perforate our organs the more we move. I had my operation may 25, 2005 and on June 30, 2005 had emergency operation, lower bowel slipped out of mesh. Im still trying to get this mesh out, hopefully this year.
Sue Texas

Vernon, TX

#1848 Apr 5, 2011
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a very good place for you to come telling us how well you feel. Keep it to yourself and glad for you. I have been on disability now for 3 and one half years, lost my job, cant have sex because of pain, lost my husband, lost alot of friends because of constant pain and cant go out, cant play with or lift my grandchildren, stomach is swollen, retains fluid cant pee, back and hips are in constant pain, have had pain in left buttock and down the leg and couldnt walk used a cane, am on constant pain medication, am constipated and prolapsed again,there is a kink in bowel so everything stops right there, and i vomit and have to go to the hospital and get high fleets and am sick for 3 days afterward. Thank God for people like Lana that has taken her own time to help meshies on information concerning this. Drs. told alot of us that it was in our head. I was told to go home and do pelvic excercises now that is really smart when the mesh is like a cheese grater just ready to perforate our organs the more we move. I had my operation may 25, 2005 and on June 30, 2005 had emergency operation, lower bowel slipped out of mesh. Im still trying to get this mesh out, hopefully this year.
Lois, just before I got on here I was thinking about what I could say to the person that commented on here that was doing so well,, i thought , i need to be nice, but if they only knew how bad i'm hurting and have been since aug. 05, and how a dramatic change this has made for my self , and as of this minute its xcrutiating to sit at the computer to write this, I need to find a dr asap to take out the piece of mesh that has moved from almost to where the
pubic area starts to now it is approx. 1" from the vaginal opening so Lord knows how much tissue , organs etc it has cut its way thru, I need to say thank you , you saved me time and pain having to compose the comment , your's nailed it, I'm am glad ( as you are )that it worked out good for them, but this is not the place to say that, thank you, I'm in the TX area if there are any Dr.s that anyone knows of , my last 3 surgeries to remove the mesh didnt get it all, I had a Dr. in Dallas that was good , but i had to end up owing him approx 3000 $ cause I could not afford to pay what my ins didnt pay, and have had to drop ins cause we are self employed it got too costly, we now have it ( its not real good but it'll get me in the door) if i get a settlement I am going to pay my old dr.but as of now i cant face him, i'm not a person that shuns bills, we were farmers when 9/11 hit and what was not in the news was how the cattle market crashed, hope u get to feeling better, Sue
Diana

Flagstaff Hill, Australia

#1849 Apr 5, 2011
Lana,

Can you tell me how the lawsuit came out? I have this stupid thing in me and now can't have painless sex either and am on my way on the 28th of April to see if a doctor I found here in Perth, Australia, where I am right now, can do the removal or not and what's the recovery like.

Can you give me some hope? Please?!
Diana

#1850 Apr 5, 2011
Mary wrote:
I had the TVT out in spring 2010. Could not pee for five days and ended up in hospital with an (unidentified) infection. Had IV antibiotics. After that peeing was really slow. Had about eight UTI's. Pulling sensation on the left side and a painful bump above the pubic bone, The urethra hurt on the inside. Just had the TVT removed totally. Was easy in my case the dr said. The material had hardened and was not integrated into my tissue for some reason. The hard material from the TVT rubbing inside was causing my discomfort. Oh yes, besides the UTI's, I had bacterial vaginal infections also. Have been on antibiotics almist continuously. My first dr said it was not from the TVT, just my body adjusting to things. My second dr said...you never had these problems before, you have them since the TVT so that is what is causing the problems. Went into surgery thinking only a small amount could be taken out, but he was able to remive the whole thing. It already feels so much better now. I did have a needless tot (which is shorter and does not need needle passage) replaced. Took me a long time to decide on that, but I feel good now and can pee normally, so I am happy the TVT is gone!
I am looking at getting my Mesh removed and want to know how long did it take you to recover after the removal? I have two kids and a husband that is very busy and so I don't have the time to be laid up recovering from surgery unless I schedule it with my husband's time off.

Thanks!
Angel

Chesapeake, VA

#1851 Apr 5, 2011
Sue
You are the first real women who since I've read this post talk about a settlement.
I was wondering were these settlement offers real referring back to the women who claimed that these cases were settling for$ 750,000 to $2,000,000. Hope you get all the money you deserve from these idiots even though it can't make up for the years you suffered. My sister had this surgery done just two years ago and now she is going through it all she doesn't think that she would get any money because the doctor she went to told her that " these things do happen" I told her to check out this site but don't know if she did. Good luck and can you recommend a lawyer?
Diana

#1852 Apr 5, 2011
Lana Miami wrote:
WOMEN UNITE!
Now is your chance to stand up and shine like a star!
Has your life and body been irrevocably changed (and not in a good way) by the Gynecare TVT System?
Tell it to the judge!
Stand up in a court of law and tell it like it is. I'm calling on all women who have been injured by this product and procedure to speak their piece.
Stand up and be counted! Let's unite to make certain no other innocent person has to suffer in pain for the rest of their lives because of a product and procedure that should not even be in the marketplace.
My lawsuit is the ideal platform from which to strike a blow at the company that manufactures and distributes the Gynecare TVT System.
I have filed a product liability lawsuit against Ethicon, Inc, Gynecare and Johnson & Johnson in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Lana C. Keeton, Plaintiff Pro Se vs. Ethicon, Inc.(d/b/a Gynecare Worldwide) and Johnson & Johnson, Case #06-21116-Civ-Ungaro-Benages.
I do not have an attorney. I am doing this by myself. I really need your support.
It is set for trial for October 1, 2007.
Will you, and anyone else reading this with problems from the Gynecare TVT tape, please testify at trial? We have to help each other to stop this from happening to other women.
Please send me your contact info: name, e-mail address and phone number to:
Lana Keeton
Miami, Florida
e-mail: [email protected]
blog: http://www.theladyisachamp.blogspot.com
August 17, 2007 is the deadline for my witness list, so please contact me now, or I will not be able to put you on the witness stand to tell your story.
A huge issue for all women, this procedure, if done at all, should only be done by an experienced urogynecologist. The procedure is blind. The doctor sticks a needle into your vagina and brings it out through the abdominal skin. They then look through a cystoscopy to make sure it is not in your bladder. The only thing they know from this, is that it is (problably) not in your bladder. No one knows where that tape is once it is inside of you.
That is, unless you have problems from it, of course. Problems that includes cutting into your bladder, your vagina, your urethra. Then, believe me, you definitely know where it is. You can feel it hurting you. At the same time, however, your doctor still does not know where the tape is for sure.
The Gynecare TVT System and its TVT Device (Prolene mesh tape) are inherently defective for more than one reason.
1. The tape itself has abrasive edges that cut human tissue. Sensitive, living tissue in organs like the bladder, the vagina, the urethra. It is a process that will not stop unless your doctor surgically intervenes in some manner.
I have reports from an expert witness that the edges of the tape are defective. Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like me to send you the information.
2. The plastic sheaths that cover the tape for the purpose of implanting it in your body have to be pulled out after the tape is put inside you. Any movement of that tape after implantation is undesirable based on a patent that Ethicon filed in 2004.
3. There is much more....
There is a way to conservatively manage the complications so as not to further damage your healthy tissue. Dr. G. Willy Davila of the Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston, Florida has been treating me now for almost 5 years removing parts of the sling. He will be able to refer you to a competent urogynecologist if you do not live in Florida.
This has been a long arduous painful process for me. I hope I will be able to help other women not to suffer as I have. Please contact me.
Peace and Blessings,
Lana
Can you tell me how the case is going so far? I'm in this boat with all of these women and want to know if these doctors are stopped from putting these things inside of us women or not yet! Why hasn't this been put on the news yet?! Am going April 28th to talk to a doc for removal!

Thanks!
Suzanne

Starkville, MS

#1853 Apr 5, 2011
Hi Sue,

I finally found it, and mine was comment #10 on the reprocessing forum. It was the long comment about how the FDA clears these permanent implants for market; the key word being "clear" not approved. They approve this garbage with no clinical trials, and they are using us all as guinea pigs. It is sickening.

I know exactly what you mean about the financial burden this has caused. It's not bad enough that we have been damaged physically, emotionally, and sexually, now we have to worry about how to pay our doctor bills; or not go in when we need to because we can't afford it. Then, because we have tried to do the right thing and pay our doctors, our other bills start slipping behind. All the while, and even though we are in pain, we go to work because we really, really need the insurance. I have good days and bad, and my life is a mess, so I wholeheartedly can understand how you feel and how devastating this mesh has been to you, me and thousands of others.
Suzanne

Starkville, MS

#1854 Apr 5, 2011
Let me rephrase the above: "clear" not approve. They "clear"...
Suzanne

Starkville, MS

#1855 Apr 5, 2011
Sue,

Email me at: [email protected] I know of a law firm accepting mesh cases. Right now they are individual cases, but I expect that one day they will turn into class action.
Sue Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Suzanne, I had to copy and paste but it was too long ( 4000 characters only) when I tried to post it for ya'll, I figured that since no one commented on it when I posted just the website that ya'll were having problems going to it,it is very interesting !! I tried to ask some questions and thats when one of them wrote " someone on the outside is fishing" ya'll would be interested in the " reprocessing " forum , I was shocked ,, you can to to the main cafepharma site and type in "reprocessing" and "hystersister"
I couldnt copy and paste all of it , hope it helps, I am looking for an attorney now but I dont want to go class action, I need surgery ASAP !!
Lois

Charlottetown, Canada

#1856 Apr 6, 2011
Sue Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois, just before I got on here I was thinking about what I could say to the person that commented on here that was doing so well,, i thought , i need to be nice, but if they only knew how bad i'm hurting and have been since aug. 05, and how a dramatic change this has made for my self , and as of this minute its xcrutiating to sit at the computer to write this, I need to find a dr asap to take out the piece of mesh that has moved from almost to where the
pubic area starts to now it is approx. 1" from the vaginal opening so Lord knows how much tissue , organs etc it has cut its way thru, I need to say thank you , you saved me time and pain having to compose the comment , your's nailed it, I'm am glad ( as you are )that it worked out good for them, but this is not the place to say that, thank you, I'm in the TX area if there are any Dr.s that anyone knows of , my last 3 surgeries to remove the mesh didnt get it all, I had a Dr. in Dallas that was good , but i had to end up owing him approx 3000 $ cause I could not afford to pay what my ins didnt pay, and have had to drop ins cause we are self employed it got too costly, we now have it ( its not real good but it'll get me in the door) if i get a settlement I am going to pay my old dr.but as of now i cant face him, i'm not a person that shuns bills, we were farmers when 9/11 hit and what was not in the news was how the cattle market crashed, hope u get to feeling better, Sue
Hi Sue, I heard Dr. Raz at UCLA is excellent for taking mesh out has done over 150 removals just look him up on the net and email him he always responds. He did for me.
The other one was Dr. Zimmerman, he is in Texas, he trained under Dr. Raz. Look him up on the net also, all the informations is on there for both Drs. even phone numbers.
Good Luck and I pray for good health for you and all the meshies, take care.
Im glad the women are uniting we only have 1 life to live and they have taken the better part away from us by using us as guinea pigs.
This would never happen if the Drs. just corrected their wrongs instead of making exscuses, now there are so many disabled meshies and we want justice and deserve it.
mjt

Winthrop, ME

#1857 Apr 6, 2011
Burdyblue wrote:
Would someone please enlighten me about the leg pain experienced with the remnants of a monarch sling still in them? Was It immediate after implantation or a few yrs. Later? How do you see where the sling is Leftover? My dr. Says he sees nothing on the CAT scan which doesn't make sense to me. i have been having dozens of UTIs in last 15 months. From listening to you all, I am wondering about the nerve complaints. Is it in the groin and down in the leg? Mine is in lower back and radiates up and down both legs and especially on one side--some days better than others. Pain standing or sitting and lying down, on and off for about a year. Had sling in 2007, too tight and bladder obstruction. Released by a urologist who punctured my bladder. Was truly incontinent then for a year until I found a good urologist and obgyn together who did a hysterectomy and my second bladder sling with pig tissue. No problems for two years--dry. But this year, infections and aching legs. My docs say they could not even see the sling's remains during surgey it was so embedded apparently. Does that sound familiar to anyone.
But I can't believe they can't see it somehow to see if it is impinging on, say, a nerve.
I want to know where it is in relation to the nerves you all are mentioning. I may be having a prolapse repaired as a result of the hysterectomy ( common) and am wondering if they will see more when they open me up. I Have no arthritis, kidney stones, or urethral problems. Good luck suing. Mine was in 2008 and at the time in Texas, a lawyer said the moneynwasn't worth it with the tort reform. Thank yiu.
abnormalities. The doctors may be right that the UTIs are from the prolapse but I am
suspicious of the old sling with the leg pain. I will not be having mesh for the vaginal wall support to be placed in me. Any comments or thoughts would
be greatly appreciated. good luck on lawsuits. I tried in Texas but lawyer said tort reform in Texas in 2008 was not worth it. I hope there is success for others and that their lives aren't ruined physically like mine was. Thank you.
May want to check with a neurologist and have a nerve test done
mine ended up being the opterator (sp) nerve.
Lois

Charlottetown, Canada

#1858 Apr 6, 2011
mjt wrote:
<quoted text>
May want to check with a neurologist and have a nerve test done
mine ended up being the opterator (sp) nerve.
Hi Mjt, you cant see the mesh on a cat scan or ordinary ultrasound. Dr. Raz uses a labia ultrasound and he can see it, from my understanding thats how he removes it. He gets everthing to. Alot of women have had nerve damage from the mesh and the polyprolene stitches they use. I have had terrible pains in my hips, buttocks and legs so bad my left leg wouldnt straighten to touch the floor and I needed help to walk and then used a cane. I agree check with a neurologist.Good Luck.
Lois

Charlottetown, Canada

#1859 Apr 6, 2011
Sorry Mjt the message above was for Burdyblue :o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethicon Suture Recall (Jun '09) Apr '17 Lika123 51
Poll Injured by Ethicon's Prolene Hernia/Bladder Mesh? (Jul '08) Apr '17 Denise Schrader 208
News N/R: Lack of mental, epileptic drugs hit health... Mar '17 Humanspirit 1
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Jan '17 Jackiedee 89
shampoo for over 40s (Apr '07) Aug '16 Vcb 17
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News DePuy ASR Hip Lawsuit Update: Federal ASR Hip L... (Jul '13) Aug '16 Dirk 2
More from around the web