lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder su...
Linda

Houston, TX

#1615 Jan 5, 2011
Karen wrote:
#1 - I had a Mesh Sling with cystocele/rectocele repair done Dec 2008, by an Urologist, who said he had some thousands of these successfully.
Surgery went longer than planned and late into the day, so had to spend night in hospital.
They would not release me till I could pee on my own which I could not, so cat came home with me.Went back to Dr. several times still could not pee on my own, so ened up with cat for two months,#2 -Then I decided to have Dr. go back in to see if we could remove mesh sling.
He never recommended it, even went and got second opinion, in nearby city, they said first one shouldn't have been done and they wouldn't touch me.
Dr. did not remove,just tried to loosen it some.
That helped some, so in all off work and in pain for six months.
Today can not have sex, hurts way too much.Hits the remain sling.
Developed problems over that past 20 months.UTI's,freguent urination, pain in kidneys, lower back, groin area.etc.etc.
There must be something big going on, so waiting to get a referral for another Urologist, they are so slow with referrals.
#3 - waiting to go see Dr and see if i need to have another surgery to remove or what.
This has totally change me and my quality of life.
I would say to others please way the risks first!

HI Karen. I found your symptoms on Google when I put in mine. I had TVT surgery on March 9th 2010 and had mild groin pain from the start which I thought was due to the catheter pulling at the side. I could never stand underwear on my groin either. I had a catheter and non stop infections for nine weeks until the surgeon finally went back in to cut the tape. I did not have insurance and was self pay and could not come up with the money, so she finally arranged it at no cost because I was getting worse. I know she was afraid of a law suit which is the only reason why it was done. Then it took weeks for me to get my bladder working, doing self cath. Since then the groin pain got worse going down my inside leg and thigh, round to my hip at times and even down to my lower leg. It constantly moves around and the pain level goes from mild to severe. The surgeon does not believe me because she said this has only happened to TVT-O patients. I was afraid of falling and injuring myself because of sharp pains in my leg and it would give way under me. It finally happened as I got up from a chair, the pain hit and I fell and fractured two bones in my wrist. I kept 'screaming' and she finally arranged an EMG but it showed nothing. My research however says these cases don't show up on EMG or MRI. The pain keeps increasing over months and I use a walking stick. I don't know what to do because I don't have insurance and now no money. Has anyone had this problem fixed and walk without pain. I am desperate.
Linda

Houston, TX

#1616 Jan 5, 2011
Barb, I tried to email you but it does not recognise youe email address.
I found you on topix. I am desperate and this is what I wrote on the end of Karen’s case. I am Linda Houston Texas. I am so desperate to stop the pain in my leg, I am trying to get the money together to go back to England for several months to find out what has happened. I was born there and I am eligable for health care over there. It is hard to leave my home because I have lived here 40 years. Without insurance I will be forced to endure this until I turn 65 June 2012.
I wrote a blog and you can read all I have been through there.http://bladderslingsurge rymystory.blogspot.com

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1617 Jan 5, 2011
Linda wrote:
Barb, I tried to email you but it does not recognise youe email address.
I found you on topix. I am desperate and this is what I wrote on the end of Karen’s case. I am Linda Houston Texas. I am so desperate to stop the pain in my leg, I am trying to get the money together to go back to England for several months to find out what has happened. I was born there and I am eligable for health care over there. It is hard to leave my home because I have lived here 40 years. Without insurance I will be forced to endure this until I turn 65 June 2012.
I wrote a blog and you can read all I have been through there.http://bladderslingsurge rymystory.blogspot.com
Linda,

I am confused on where your surgery was performed? Please see my earlier post with the questionnaire and copy and paste that into an email to me. I will visit you blog this afternoon and get back with you. There is a chance that if we were to take your case then we could send a letter of protection to your surgeon in order to get you in to have the mesh removed.

I am not having problems with anyone else sending me emails but just in case here is my second email address;
[email protected]

Sincerely,

Barb~

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1618 Jan 5, 2011
We have worked with executives, business owners, and individuals to try over 300 cases to a jury verdict.

These cases include business disputes, life-altering personal injury, defective products, and dangerous prescription drugs. Within just a few years, the firm grew to become a leading, highly-respected national litigation practice.

Additionally, our law firm is AV-rated, the highest legal rating available from the leading law firm rating service, Martindale Hubbell and the Super Lawyers® list for 2008, 2009 and 2010, by Law & Politics magazine.

Sincerely,

Barb~
[email protected]
[email protected]

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1619 Jan 5, 2011
Suzanne in Dixieland wrote:
Barb2000,
Can you please tell us what law firm you work for? With identity theft running rampant these days, it would scare me to email an individual with all of my personal information, and I think it is important that these ladies have their interests protected; they have been victimized enough.
I am not suggesting that you are not on the up and up, but being a victim of identity theft myself I highly recommend that these ladies deal directly with one of the law firms that are accepting surgical mesh cases.
Best regards,
Suzanne
I just saw this post.

Reyes Bartolomei Browne
5950 Berkshire Lane, Suite 410
Dallas, Texas 75225

Sincerely,

Barb~

Suzanne,
I just now saw your post! Yes

Reyes Bartolomei Browne
5950 Berkshire Lane, Suite 410
Dallas, Texas 75225

Since: Oct 10

Needham, MA

#1620 Jan 5, 2011
Postop recovery from mesh removal on Nov 8, 2010 (3d surgery). Started extensive PT, botox jections, trigger point injections on a weekly basis. Feeling very beat up at this point, but have hope that being torn down and then reconstructed will get me to normal (what is normal I ask often). The marcaine inj helped through holidays... can't believe I volunteer to have intervaginal injection that send me to the ceiling as if I were a cat..... now im just here reading....again..the misery of what mesh has done to us all. Hang in there.
Nikki

Chesapeake, VA

#1621 Jan 6, 2011
This is for barb2000,
Since you work for a law firm and you say that each case is different then you should be able to give at least a ballpark figure regardless unless the law firm you represent has not even gone to court or settled any of these "bladder sling" cases and also if your firm has then you should be able to say how long an average case took from start to finish (ex. Months, years) to settle any type of deal. I maybe interested in having your law firm represent me if I can have my questions answered on this site, which may inspire others with no representation yet!
beachmomx3

Wausau, FL

#1622 Jan 6, 2011
Susan wrote:
<quoted text> Thats not a fair comment as until you run into complications you would never imagine such horrors and basically trust the doctor to be performing something you think is going to help.
This is for JOAN ADAMS. How in the world is every lady know she is suppose to go on the internet and do deep research before letting her trusted doctor of many years do what he says is a safe bladder fix! What about before internet? What about these little old ladies who have no idea about using the internet or computer? That is crazy. My doctor withheld info regarding the many FDA warnings on transvaginal mesh. After he had ruined my health/life at 49! He said he had no idea about the warnings and his Gynecare Rep didn't tell him, nor was he told when he was trained how to do the prolift. I trusted him years ago with my hysterectomy,so I trusted him with my bladder. They are the doctor, they are suppose to do their research and learning regarding the procedures they do on their patients!!!How dare you say it is our fault for allowing these devices to be placed in us without doing our own homework. By the way, my doctor was listed as certified, competent in using the Gynecare prolift! I have been in constant pain, had to quit my job and had 3 other mesh removal surgeries, nearly died, had 4 units of blood with the last surgery, which I had to go clear across the country to a pelvic doctor who removes mesh several times a week from us unsuspecting women. You must be working for one of the companies that sells this Nazi style torture device. It shows you have not been through what we are all going through!
Roberta V

Canada

#1623 Jan 6, 2011
Those of us women who are from Canada appear to not be eligible under the aame lawsuits and with the lawyers that Barb is talking about....While this is great for those of you from the USA, there are many of us women with the same issue in regards to TVT and TOT meshing from various corporations that was produced in the USA, even though we are in Canada, our medical system is completely different than in USA and so is our legal system. We would have to have thousands of dollars to even begin a law suit if there were any lawyers in Canada that were even willing to take the case on.....we really don't seem to have much for class action suits and I am not aware of any lawyers doing a class action in Canada against any producers of the mesh. My surgery was performed in Canada with a mesh made by AMS, the Monarc mesh by American Medical Systems. I live in constant pain and have had numerous problems (too many to list) as a result of this meshing. I have had to have 2 surgeries to remove as much of the meshing as possible and still have permanent nerve pain/damage done by the meshing. I had to do my own research on finding doctors to do the removal or even to prove that the meshing could be the problem.(Duh, I was a very active women right up until I had the meshing placed) and right after the surgery started to experience excruciating pain in the groin area and tried desperately to convince doctors to remove the mesh right away. NO ONE would, it took 6 mths to find someone who attempted to get out about 1/2 the mesh material. Still had many pain and other problems regarding the mesh. It took over a year after that to find someone to remove almost all the rest of the mesh, except for what has tissues embedded into it. This tissue has Ruined my life, I live in constant pain now and has changed every aspect of my life. I can no longer be the active person I once was because of the extreme pain from the mesh and has made me have to give up my own profession and therefore income and independence. I know that this sounds bitter, but I speak the truth for many women in Canada. IS THERE ANYWAY that we can be included and not forgotten as these corporaitons are also selling this product in Canada to medical facilities. Yes I have complained to Health Canada, but not a lot of good that does (it would be the equivalent to the FDA in the US). HELP>>>>>>su ggestions anyone??????
beachmomx3

Wausau, FL

#1624 Jan 7, 2011
Roberta V wrote:
Those of us women who are from Canada appear to not be eligible under the aame lawsuits and with the lawyers that Barb is talking about....While this is great for those of you from the USA, there are many of us women with the same issue in regards to TVT and TOT meshing from various corporations that was produced in the USA, even though we are in Canada, our medical system is completely different than in USA and so is our legal system. We would have to have thousands of dollars to even begin a law suit if there were any lawyers in Canada that were even willing to take the case on.....we really don't seem to have much for class action suits and I am not aware of any lawyers doing a class action in Canada against any producers of the mesh. My surgery was performed in Canada with a mesh made by AMS, the Monarc mesh by American Medical Systems. I live in constant pain and have had numerous problems (too many to list) as a result of this meshing. I have had to have 2 surgeries to remove as much of the meshing as possible and still have permanent nerve pain/damage done by the meshing. I had to do my own research on finding doctors to do the removal or even to prove that the meshing could be the problem.(Duh, I was a very active women right up until I had the meshing placed) and right after the surgery started to experience excruciating pain in the groin area and tried desperately to convince doctors to remove the mesh right away. NO ONE would, it took 6 mths to find someone who attempted to get out about 1/2 the mesh material. Still had many pain and other problems regarding the mesh. It took over a year after that to find someone to remove almost all the rest of the mesh, except for what has tissues embedded into it. This tissue has Ruined my life, I live in constant pain now and has changed every aspect of my life. I can no longer be the active person I once was because of the extreme pain from the mesh and has made me have to give up my own profession and therefore income and independence. I know that this sounds bitter, but I speak the truth for many women in Canada. IS THERE ANYWAY that we can be included and not forgotten as these corporaitons are also selling this product in Canada to medical facilities. Yes I have complained to Health Canada, but not a lot of good that does (it would be the equivalent to the FDA in the US). HELP>>>>>>su ggestions anyone??????
Have you called a law firm in the US? There are several out of NJ. and NY. The first 300 cases are going to court this month. They are all filed indvid. due to the vast number of all of them they are taking them in 300 bundles. Google mesh attorneys. I don't know if you have to be physically in the US to file suit against an American company. A friend of mine had an AMS device and is with a lawfirm accepting those cases. Many are taking certain cases pertaining to certain meshes. The firm is Motley Rice. Good luck to you and yes I feel your pain. Am 11 wks post removal of all this crap. Slowly getting my health back. These companies need to be held accountable for selling experimental devices and harming 1000s of women worldwide.
Nikki

Chesapeake, VA

#1625 Jan 7, 2011
Beachmomx3
Motley rice is a law firm that I was advised to call since three others told me that they moved on to another type of mesh to go after. I spoke to someone at this law firm about a week before Christmas and I am still waiting for them to send me my packet of papers to sign to get this ball rolling. There website can be confusing since on it all I see is them talking about the hernia mesh that they are now pursuing. I want to make sure I get what's due me since I am suffering like the rest of you, I live in virginia and still can't find a surgeon to remove the mesh it's like they don't want to get involved. As for women in Canada that whole situation is horrible and they should be able to get some type of justice.
Roberta V

Canada

#1626 Jan 7, 2011
Yes I have called many law firms in the US and Canada. And NO LAw FIRM that I am aware of and I was told no LAW FIRM in the US would take on any of our cases similar to yours in the US. It is because the product was used in Canada by Canadian Doctors, even though it is from an American Corporation that manufactures the mesh and our Health Canada partially went on the FDAs approval of these devices. We in Canada seem to have NO LEGAL recourse. It is really a shame that these huge USA corporations can get away doing this to women outside the USA all over the world and they do no have to be accountable to us in any other country. For those of you in similar circumstances in the USA with mesh problems and are proceeding legally I urge you to talk to your attorneys about that situation cause this is truly an HUGE INJUSTICE to the rest of the women anywhere outside the USA with the same issues!!!! If anyone has any suggestions of realistic possible ways of pursuing this, I am interested in hearing that.

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1627 Jan 7, 2011
Nikki wrote:
This is for barb2000,
Since you work for a law firm and you say that each case is different then you should be able to give at least a ballpark figure regardless unless the law firm you represent has not even gone to court or settled any of these "bladder sling" cases and also if your firm has then you should be able to say how long an average case took from start to finish (ex. Months, years) to settle any type of deal. I maybe interested in having your law firm represent me if I can have my questions answered on this site, which may inspire others with no representation yet!
Nikki,

I am gathering information for you concerning your questions which I should have by Monday at the latest. Please keep in mind I am independent and contract out to many law firms on many different cases, therefore please allow me until Monday to get this information for you. Granted my priority is and has been the TVT Mesh since one of my dearest friends has gone through the same horrible issues which is what brought me here to this blog in the begining.
I am not one of your basic paralegals sitting in the office that is trained to make sure the employer gets all the cases! I am independent and have gone down the road for 12 years so I know the good firms from the not so good firms and stay clear of the ones that are not there for the client 100 percent and will make sure that a TVT case gets into a firm that knows what they are doing with TVT cases, mesothelioma case goes to the Big Dogs in meso area. Being independent there is no room for my name to get tarnished so I make sure my heart is in the right place and for that to happen it means making sure anyone I speak to about their case is handled to perfection.

Sincerely,

Barb~
nikki

Chesapeake, VA

#1628 Jan 7, 2011
thank you barb2000,
any and all info you have available is accepted. although they are "the same" the bladder sling placed in me was by mentor corp. obtape (TOT). I do not want to seem to be pushy I just never had to sue anyone so with you being a paralegal I want to know the facts it takes for a lawsuit or settlement to get processed from beginning to end.
thanks again,
nikki
Roberta V

Canada

#1629 Jan 7, 2011
Do people actually read any of what we have here???? I am really looking to someone to advise on how to deal with the legal issues in Canada. It has been a long arduous fight medically for me, since 2005!!!! 3 surgeries later!!!! Constant pain, nerve damage, etc. Someone help need CANADIAN legal advise and cannot afford it as I have lost my profession due to constant pain.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1630 Jan 8, 2011
Nikki wrote:
Beachmomx3
Motley rice is a law firm that I was advised to call since three others told me that they moved on to another type of mesh to go after. I spoke to someone at this law firm about a week before Christmas and I am still waiting for them to send me my packet of papers to sign to get this ball rolling. There website can be confusing since on it all I see is them talking about the hernia mesh that they are now pursuing. I want to make sure I get what's due me since I am suffering like the rest of you, I live in virginia and still can't find a surgeon to remove the mesh it's like they don't want to get involved. As for women in Canada that whole situation is horrible and they should be able to get some type of justice.
Nikki,
I had to go to UCLA to get my prolift removed. The doctor does several a week and knows what he is doing. The inexperienced drs don't want to touch us. He has vast experience as a pelvic surgeon. I know several women that went to him. I live on the East, but it was worth it. I am getting my life back. He has imaging testing he does to see where the mesh is located and doesn't go in blind to find the mesh. If you will give me your email, I will give you the specifics. I had this torture device placed Oct 09 and it has been a nightmare. I am almost pain free, pain only on 1 side (it was deeply embedded there and infected), but sometimes pain free. I don't have to take any major pain meds!! PTL!

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1631 Jan 8, 2011
Roberta V wrote:
Do people actually read any of what we have here???? I am really looking to someone to advise on how to deal with the legal issues in Canada. It has been a long arduous fight medically for me, since 2005!!!! 3 surgeries later!!!! Constant pain, nerve damage, etc. Someone help need CANADIAN legal advise and cannot afford it as I have lost my profession due to constant pain.
Roberta,
I am reading what you post and promise I am searching for a strong Law Firm that is licensed in Canada that will take your case. I know it is frustrating and your in pain but hang in there for me. I should know something by the middle of next week.

Sincerely,

Barb~
[email protected]
Roberta V

Canada

#1632 Jan 8, 2011
barb2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta,
I am reading what you post and promise I am searching for a strong Law Firm that is licensed in Canada that will take your case. I know it is frustrating and your in pain but hang in there for me. I should know something by the middle of next week.
Sincerely,
Barb~
[email protected]
Barb:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I await any info you can provide me on legal firms in Canada and class action suits!!!!

Sincerely,

Roberta
Kim

Sugar Land, TX

#1633 Jan 9, 2011
Does anyone know a doctor in the Houston area? I had the surgery done in December 2009. I only have problems during intercourse and sensativity near I suppose where the monach is attached near my vagina. My doctor says the pain I encounter is the incision in the vigina and has used silver nitrate to "burn" the sensative areas (very painful). I would like to get another opinion. Anyone know of a good urogynecologist or gyn in the Houston area that has dealt with the mesh and removal?

“BEWARE- DOCTOR'S PUSHING MESH!”

Since: Apr 09

Maben, MS

#1634 Jan 9, 2011
Kim,

I recommend trying to contact Dr. Zimmern. He is located at UT in Dallas, but it would be well worth the consultation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Apr '16 Flyn 87
News Report cites untapped solar power potential of ... Feb '16 Solarman 1
News Premature Ejaculation Drug (Jul '06) Jan '16 Dr Wu 32
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Jan '16 Cate Howards 1
News Buffett grandchild can't afford cable (Dec '08) Dec '15 Don 7
Ethicon Suture Recall (Jun '09) Aug '15 eddalton 50
Poll Injured by Ethicon's Prolene Hernia/Bladder Mesh? (Jul '08) Aug '15 Denise Schrader 206
More from around the web