lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder suspension tape (Prolene mesh)

Posted in the Johnson and Johnson Forum

Comments (Page 32)

Showing posts 621 - 640 of4,535
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sharon uk

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

I had a tvt fitted in Aug 2008 together with a vaginal wall prolapse repair. 48hrs after surgery I couldn't pass urine and 2 weeks ater went back to theatre for the tape to be loosened. I am now almost 6 months on still having to catheterise 3 times a day as I cannot empty my bladder completely. Lost all faith in my consultant now who has only seen me about 3 times since, I regularly see a continence nurse who writes to the consultant but he doesn't seem to be that bothered. I'm now about to see my GP and ask to be referred to a different consultant. Anyone else had anything similar? I am also only 40 years old and not looking forward to another don't know how many years having to catheterise.
Heather Bennett

Wakefield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

sharon uk wrote:
I had a tvt fitted in Aug 2008 together with a vaginal wall prolapse repair. 48hrs after surgery I couldn't pass urine and 2 weeks ater went back to theatre for the tape to be loosened. I am now almost 6 months on still having to catheterise 3 times a day as I cannot empty my bladder completely. Lost all faith in my consultant now who has only seen me about 3 times since, I regularly see a continence nurse who writes to the consultant but he doesn't seem to be that bothered. I'm now about to see my GP and ask to be referred to a different consultant. Anyone else had anything similar? I am also only 40 years old and not looking forward to another don't know how many years having to catheterise.
Hi Sharon I have just read your comments and totally sympathise. How horrible to go through all that. I too have had this operation tvt tape. I had the operation 3 times and I m still suffering the plastic is now coming through my skin and bleeds so it needs doing again, I am looking for a good doctor who can rectify this mess I feel like I have been butchered, my problem is worse than when I began as I am still incontinent. I do not recommend this operation to anyone. Sharon where did you get your operation done? I have complained to the hospital and I am taking legal advice you should do the same. I had my operation privately and the doctors are very keen to earn their money but not too eager to sort out their mess
NJMIA

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Kevin wrote:
Well even after showing my wife this site she wants this surgery. Does anyone knoe the incidence of complications per 1000 surgerys done or any other statistical data. My opinion is this is horrible and hopefully something can be done to help all of you. I know I will not deal with complications well. This Dr has told my wife he has done over 600 of these with no complications. I hope he is not lying.
Pray and pray. It is so wonderful to see a man taking such supportive role in his wife obstetric/gynecologic decisions. However thongs turnout, I know you will be there for her. If it is livable then I would avoid anything with the potential for this level of risks...your wife may just be tired of dealing with the conditions/symptoms. Tell her t trust you.
NJMIA

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Dealing with issue for 20 yeard+ and feel robbed, but leary so leary of surgical repair especially anything involving mesh.
Amy

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

deborama wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been having so many difficlties after having this done. Constant nerve pain in my left groin and down my leg!! I IMPLORE YOU do not get this done!! ask for other Sorry to be so blunt.
deb.
I too have leg pain following this procedure. Please email me at schultza@stccs.org if anyone can relate to pain that radiates down behind my right leg, past knee than into the side of my calf, turns into numbness in my toes.
Angie

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Sorry to read all these stories, its really sad that Doctors that we trust can do things like this to us. I myself had this surgery 2 yrs ago and have had over a dozen surgeries in the past year alone. Im very young not even 30 yet and have been thru hell and back. I had the bladder sling put in but thats not what eroded into my vagina it was actually a sling that was put in for a rectocele repair. I have read on here in several posts that some of you have reported your problems to the FDA I would like to do that as well but I have no idea how. Could someone please post the link for me and maybe just give me some kind of directions on how to do this?? Thanks, my prayers are with all of you. I think each and everyone one of you should contact a lawyer because if you do try and sue for medical malpractice I know in most states you only have 2 yrs to do so. Goodluck everyone.
Angie

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have leg pain following this procedure. Please email me at schultza@stccs.org if anyone can relate to pain that radiates down behind my right leg, past knee than into the side of my calf, turns into numbness in my toes.
I have that too, I also have a herniated disc so now all the doctors are saying thats the only reason I have the leg pain, but I had it way before I had the herniated disc. Seems like doctors are the ones who screwed us up but theyre also the ones who dont believe anything we say.
Goodluck
Suzanne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Angie,

You can file an adverse event report with the FDA on form 3500. It is imperative that you have the correct device name, model number, and manufacturer which can be obtained from your hospital records. The first step is to get these records. I would reference both slings, unless you are absolutely 100% certain that it was the rectocele sling that eroded into your vagina.

This link is to Medwatch, a division of the FDA.
Just copy and paste into your browser:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwat...

MedWatch -- The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program allows healthcare professionals and consumers to voluntarily report serious problems that they suspect are associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. These problems include serious adverse reactions and events, product quality problems, and product use errors. Reporting can be done online, by phone, or by submitting the MedWatch 3500 form by mail or fax. Visit the MedWatch How To Report page for more details.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Hope you find relief soon!

Suzanne
fran

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

I had the surgery in Nov 08. I have not been able to urinate w/o using a catheter since surgery. I had dialation procedure, no help. Now the doctor says we need to do another surgery to cut the tape. Any suggestions?
Suzanne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Fran,

Since you asked for suggestions, I suggest you ask them to take the entire mesh device out, before it has more time to adhere or erode within your body.

You too should file an adverse event report with the FDA. The link is listed in the post immediately above.

Sorry to hear of your problems, and I wish you the best of luck.

Suzanne
MySpace TVT Sling Surgery

Brentford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Dear All on this forum,

I have been communicating with Lana and help with the 2 Truth in Medicine websites for the USA and the UK, although not been able to do much work on them for the last 3 months due to ill health, whats new!!!!!!!

Like many here daily life is difficult to cope with for many sufferers and we all understand this, we are not how we used to be, healthy and active! since this dreadful surgery for many on here it is a daily constant reminder, pain, seeking urgent answers as to why? what can be done? where do I go for help? the questions are endless. We are all here together facing this dire situation seeking answers from experts, where are they? another question!!!! who can treat us? so many people hurting with their lives destroyed.

I wrote to Lana this evening saying I am going to set up a support group here in the UK, please anyone from the UK please come forward and lets get the ball rolling here too, I need someone to help me do this, I cannot do it alone, I have other health issues besides this disgusting tape eroding in me and really want the UK to band together, like Lana and all the USA sufferers, we can still support every country in the groups like this one.

Lana bless her is aware of my health situation and knows I am trying so hard to get things moving here in the UK. The MHRA in the UK as far as I know is having a meeting in March on Medical Devices, however, there are issues that still need to be sorted out especially the CE mark they are using for the TVT Device plus I want to raise the issue of the the mis description of the Medical device itself.

I cannot do it alone here in the UK, please come forward and help me get this off the ground. My email is lorevans@hotmail.co.uk or you can contact me through the contact form on the truth in medicine website http://truthinmedicine.co.uk/contactus.htm where you will see my contact details next to Lana.

I pray every single day justice will be seen for us all, Lana you are an angel to start your blog http://www.theladyisachamp.blogspot.com/ setting up the Yahoo Group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/medicalm...
Setting up and paying out of your own money for the 2 websites USA http://truthinmedicine.us.com/homepage.htm and one for the UK http://truthinmedicine.co.uk/homepage.htm
getting us all together worldwide, you are amazing my dear friend, hugs.

Love and pure light is being sent to us all
Lorraine
Lori

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Oh great.....I had this TVT procedure 6 weeks ago.... My mom called me today to tell me about lawsuits related to this. I've had pain ever since, had to self-cath myself after being released from the hospital because I couldn't urniate before being released and NOBODY ever told me of the complications surrounding this procedure. They totally minimized any complications and I had it done by a "World reknowned" urogyn doc at a MAJOR University medical center.... Now I'm freaking out. I go back for my 6 week checkup Friday... Should I demand they remove it immediately??? I have enough darn female problems (I've had endometriosis for 25 years), etc.....
Suzanne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Hi Lori,

I am so sorry that you had to join our group, as that means another person has been harmed by the Transvaginal Taping (TVT) Device: in other words, surgical mesh.

The common denominator seems to be that none of our doctors told us of these types of risks; they all minimized the complications. If I were you, having already stated that you had/are having problems, I would demand that the mesh be taken out immediately. My problems didnít start until four years later, and though they were able to extract the middle section where it eroded through my vaginal wall into the vaginal vault, the end pieces are firmly enmeshed in my tissues. These pieces will more than likely at some point have to be dissected from my tissues, putting me at an even greater risk.

Before Surgery, write a letter to both your doctor and your hospital instructing them that you want to take home the pieces that are extracted. I am not certain of this, but it seems logical that these pieces be stored in your freezer. You may need these if you ever file suit.

Next, get a copy of your hospital records, this will tell you exactly what type of device they implanted in you,(i.e., the manufacturer, model number, lot number, etc ...) File an adverse event report with Medwatch, which is a part of the Food & Drug Administration using form number 3500. Do this ASAP!

Then get a copy of your medical records from your urogyn, and scrutinize them for any discrepancies. For instance, if there is a page that lists the complications, see if you signed or initialed it. Just because it may be in your records, doesn't mean you were ever told of the risks, or given a copy.

If you find discrepancies no matter how minute they may seem, address it in writing and mail it via registered mail to your doctorís office, asking that your records be corrected, and that you be provided a corrected copy. In your letter include the following statement:ďThis letter is to be included in and become a permanent part of my medical record with your office.Ē This is important, as should you ever need to file a lawsuit, you can show that you were right on top of things. Start a TVT file on your computer, as you will more than likely be writing lotís of letters. Document everything well, and do a lot of research.

It is horrendous how many women are being damaged permanently by Transvaginal Taping (TVT) Devices. Did your doctor ever tell you about other methods, like using your own biological materials so that your body wouldnít reject this foreign object? Mine didnít, and I am guessing yours didnít either.

Good luck to you on Friday, and please keep us posted on your status.

Suzanne
lyn

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

lorraine you will not be alone although i am suffering after having tvt and rectocele repair june 08 awful problems since.continuous urethal pain very uncomfortable urination,no infection.back in hospital sept ,cystoscopy,no erosion.october perianal abscess had to go to hospital for incision and drainage.the surgeon who performed this said that it was possible the tvt was breaking down although rare this could be the cause.when i told gyno this he said this couldnt be as it was too far away from where tvt was.also that it is plastic and wouldnt break down.december urologist and gyno performed op to take some of the tape away 6 months after being put in,tape removed around urethra.the left side left in place apparently for support.the right side of tape could not be found! saw gyno few weeks ago doesnt understand why im still in pain,will be seeing urologist in few weeks.what a state to be in.im worried to death what will happen next.my life has been ruined.u.k .ladies we need to get things done.support group.help and fight together.this is just the start
Tina

La Vista, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I'm glad you have not had to endure any of the problems that some of us here have. Yours is a success story and contrary to what some might believe, there are success stories. Not every case has a bad ending. In fact, the bad endings are only a fraction of the procedures that are done. I haven't read very many posts that have had the complications and problems that I have had and it has been ongoing since 2005. I am scheduled March 3rd and the mesh is coming out once and for all. I've had numerous procedures in the hospital and in the office and I'm over it.
Suzanne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Tina,

I am not sure if you were replying to someone as it implies in your previous post, but I find it hard to believe that any woman suffering as so very many of us are, would have the audacity to suggest: "contrary to what some might believe, there are success stories. Not every case has a bad ending. In fact, the bad endings are only a fraction of the procedures that are done."

So, I guess you are of the opinion that it is okay for any fraction of us to be harmed, as long as there are "success" fables.

You further say "I haven't read very many posts that have had the complications and problems that I have had and it has been ongoing since 2005."

Are you crazy. How much worse can it get than it has been for many of the women who post here.

I find the tone of your letter to be offensive, because absolutely no woman who had suffered injuries, and who was in her right mind would spew the garbage that I read in your post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I am not waging war with you. I just want you to know that I am one of the women who were injured, and I do not have a single positive thing to say about surgical mesh, nor do I believe other truly injured parties would take the stance you have in making these fairytale remarks.

It is for this reason that I highly suspect you are a pharmaceutical plant, and not an actual living, breathing, injured human being.
MySpace TVT Sling Surgery

Brentford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Yes I totally agree with you Suzanne, well said. I too would like to know who or what Tina is referring too and what she is meaning, please explain in more detail Tina as it is not coming across too well.

There should be no fraction! or percentages! or numbers! from gynys especially the number as they are saying and I quote from my Gyny "I have done 600 operations and all successful" strange how this same number pops up all the time from other patients! the dreaded 600! all baloney!

Tina, I have suffered since 2005, went down with a pulmonary embolis with a collapsed lung the next morning after surgery, I nearly died! severe bleeding for months on end and still bleeding, diagnosed with diabetes not long after the sugery and since surgery diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and now since July last year coping with this disgusting tape eroding in me! I am too much of a risk to have any surgery to get the eroding tape out!, I have it in me for LIFE eroding away!

Relations with my husband have been nil, it effected not only me but my marriage, family and whole life to the extent where I also lost my home and career.

Please also note Tina, Complications can come out from day one right up to in some cases I have heard up to 7 YEARS later.

This forum is to help sufferers support each other, we need comfort as to where we can go to seek solice and get answers as to why this flaming stuff was put in us when it is UNSAFE for many many people.

Also think on please Tina, there are many without a PC who are sat at home suffering alone! it is disgraceful.

Please have some compassion in your heart and give the comfort we all deserve, Life for most of us here is a living nightmare and we face it each and every single day trying to cope and accept this surgery has changed our womanhood, I for one feel nothing now, my womanhood and I am sure I speak for many here has been destroyed!

I pray every day Justice will be seen and I will continue my fight with the help of Lana and many other sufferers to get this mesh banned, plus I for one will tell everyone who I see and in contact with NOT to have this Transvaginal Tape surgery done.

Tina I look forward to hearing your response and I am sure Suzanne will too.
Suzanne wrote:
Tina,
I am not sure if you were replying to someone as it implies in your previous post, but I find it hard to believe that any woman suffering as so very many of us are, would have the audacity to suggest: "contrary to what some might believe, there are success stories. Not every case has a bad ending. In fact, the bad endings are only a fraction of the procedures that are done."
So, I guess you are of the opinion that it is okay for any fraction of us to be harmed, as long as there are "success" fables.
You further say "I haven't read very many posts that have had the complications and problems that I have had and it has been ongoing since 2005."
Are you crazy. How much worse can it get than it has been for many of the women who post here.
I find the tone of your letter to be offensive, because absolutely no woman who had suffered injuries, and who was in her right mind would spew the garbage that I read in your post. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I am not waging war with you. I just want you to know that I am one of the women who were injured, and I do not have a single positive thing to say about surgical mesh, nor do I believe other truly injured parties would take the stance you have in making these fairytale remarks.
It is for this reason that I highly suspect you are a pharmaceutical plant, and not an actual living, breathing, injured human being.
lyn

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Tina im a little confused if you have had problems since2005 and are now over it why are you going back in on march 3rd to have mesh taken out once and for all?thats if it can be or if it can be found as mine couldnt.i am suffering greatly even though some of the mesh was removed.Lets just hope that you are not made worse as some women are on removal of mesh.still as you have said you are over it so you wont need all us other ladies to support and help you in any way.please if you have no sympathy or support for anyone else please stay away and let all us other ladies do whatever we can to help each other get by day by day if you were a genuine sufferer you would also be doing your best to help others not come out with the comments you have.to all other lady sufferers lets just get on and help each other
Lorraine 2

St. John's, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

My friend has had this procedure done and is in the middle of removal. She has had her first surgery, after much pain and anguish. She has to have at least another 2 surgeries. Can u please post info on how your lawsuit turned out. I started reading this at page 1 and realized that it was 2007. Is my friend who is Canadian able to get in on this suit? Is it a class action suit and would her case be helpful? Plz advise. I do not have much knowledge about lawsuits but i have seen my friend suffer enough!!! Thank you so much for this site!!
mom1965

Grand Falls, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

lorraine2 if you like leave your email for me and i will contact you,your name says you are in canada.i am also from canada and had this nasty mesh in since 2007,,still in missery and it feels worse every day,,,and as for TINA ,,,WHAT are you into WOMAN,,if you were doing good and are now having this removed,then why are you saying that there are happy endings and bad results are a fraction of these procedures!!!!....you make me sick!!!!,,,,read the posts that are hear how many HAPPY ENDINGS are posted???????? I am still waiting for mine,and no end in site,,,Suzanne,I know exactley how you feel, seeing these idiots posting that mock us who suffer.Makes one wonder dosent it...Mom1965

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 621 - 640 of4,535
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Search the Johnson and Johnson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ethicon Suture Recall (Jun '09) 2 hr Krys 45
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Apr 14 Claire 67
Weekly 52-Week Highs Highlight: MAR, JNJ, HAL, BHI Apr 4 stevebry56 4
Have you seen Andrew Jarzyk? Mar 31 Ashley 2
febreze Mar 23 Robert Sabo 1
Syria says Turkey shoots down Syrian warplane Mar 23 Saved By Zero 2
China satellite finds object near jet search area Mar 22 Truth 2
•••
•••