lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder su...

Since: Jun 12

Canada

#3973 Sep 23, 2012
Nonie Wideman wrote:
Vaginal Mesh Complications: Treatment for Vaginal, Pelvic, Leg, Buttock, and/or Abdominal Pain
Vaginal Mesh Complications: Treatment for Vaginal, Pelvic, Leg, Buttock, and/or Abdominal Pain
Mesh used vaginally for incontinence or prolapse can occasionally cause pain vaginally, throughout the pelvis, in the legs/groins, buttocks and/or abdominally. Typically when this occurs it is secondary to the mesh being placed too tight, or healing in a position that is pulling on the muscles and nerves and causing irritation to these structures. Rarely, as with any pelvic floor surgery, a nerve injury can occur and this can cause pain as well. Again, one has to remember that pain as a complication can occur with any pelvic surgery, whether mesh is used or not. Some of the newer technology to attach the mesh in place vaginally actually has less risk of causing pain or a nerve injury compared to some of the older, more “traditional” surgery where mesh is not used. However, even with the best technology, risks such as pain exist and the most important thing is to recognize the complication and get adequate treatment early in the process. In most cases, pain is a complication that can be treated and eradicated if properly recognized and treated.
When a woman has pain following a mesh procedure for incontinence or prolapse a conservative approach can be utilized at first, however if the pain does not improve or is very severe (which may be a sign of nerve injury), a surgical approach may be indicated. Conservative therapy may involve pelvic floor physical therapy (ie manual therapy on the muscles and the nerves in the vagina and pelvis to help them relax or relieve spasm that may be causing pain) and/or trigger point injections into the muscles and/or nerves in the vagina that may be causing the pain. If the pain does not respond to this therapy, then surgery is indicated.
Typically, when mesh is causing pain, it is secondary to healing too tight, being placed to tight,“bunching up” in the vagina, or one of the attachment points pulling on a muscle or nerve causing pain. Typically, the pain can be reproduced on vaginal exam and the an area of ‘banding” of the mesh can be palpated, which indicates the mesh is too tight in this region.
Vaginal Mesh for Prolapse (Cystocele/Rectocele/Vault)
With the first generation mesh kits (such as Avaulta, Apogee/Perigee, Prolift), as well as the TOT slings, the mesh arms penetrate through and through the pelvic sidewall muscles and then go through the groins and if these arms are too tight, it can cause pain vaginally or in the groins. In many instances, these arms or “bands” of tension can be palpated vaginally and the arms surgically released or cut, which takes the pressure off the muscles and nerves and relieves the pain. In other instances, the entire mesh (ie for prolapse repair) will need to be stripped out and removed. On occasion, if the mesh arm has been placed through and through the sacrospinous ligament (ie with Prolift) the mesh arm will need to be dissected out of the ligament and the pudendal nerve released away from this area. Rarely, an abdominal approach will be necessary to take care of pain from mesh placed vaginally or abdominally with sacralcolpopexy. If this is the case, most surgeons will recommend major surgery with a large abdominal incision. Drs. Moore and Miklos actually achieve the same procedure through mini-incisions in the abdomen and a laparoscopic approach, which allows for early return to home and rapid recovery.

Canada

#3974 Sep 23, 2012
Pain after sling surgery (TVT/TOT/Mini)
This is also the same for mesh tape slings such as the TOT sling or the TVT sling. The TOT sling and Mini sling are attached to the obturator muscles, with the TOT sling coming out of groin incisions. In most cases, the tension can just be released vaginally through a small vaginal incision and/or the vaginal portion of the sling removed and this will solve the pain issue. Many surgeons are hesitant to do this type of simple release as they have very little experience in treating sling complications. Drs. Miklos and Moore helped develop many of these procedures and have taught surgeons all over the world (Dr. Miklos was one of the first three surgeons in the US to complete the TVT sling and Dr. Moore did the first MiniArc sling ever in the US, Russia, Finland, Columbia, Chile and India) and with this experience, they also have extensive experience in treating complications and are not hesitant to do so. If a nerve has been irritated in the groin, then this may require the entire sling being removed from the groin as well. Unfortunately, if there is a nerve injury in the groin, the pain may be a chronic problem, even with sling removal. This is especially true if there is a delay in treatment.
If abdominal pain ensues following a TVT type sling (ie TVT, SPARC etc), then again this can be caused by the sling being too tight, or irritating a nerve or muscle abdominally. If conservative therapy is unsuccessful, the TVT sling will need to be removed in its entirety. Again, this is a very advanced and complex procedure and one that most surgeons would recommend be done through a large abdominal incision. Drs. Miklos and Moore will remove the sling with a laparoscopic approach abdominally which is an outpatient procedure with rapid recovery. They actually wrote the first published paper in the world on this technique and their center is one of the only one’s in the US that will do this procedure through a laparoscopic approach.

not promoting these doctors...just posting info for ladies with leg and buttock pain.....post mesh.....educate yourself then advocate like hell!!! you are your best friend when it comes to advocacy .....
Barb

Euless, TX

#3975 Sep 23, 2012
Renee wrote:
This is so crazy that this has been going on for so long... I just had my surgery in June 2012 and I had the mesh put in and I ever since I have nothing but pain and infections... I had the Gynecare TVT prolene model #810041b! I have a lawyer there getting my records they say I have a strong case... I just wish I would've know about this before I had this surgery done... My doctor said it was safe... I know what your going through... If anyone wants to talk e mail me at [email protected]
Thanks
Good for you Renee....for seeking legal action IMMEDIATELY! I know everyone is in horrific pain and looking to seek medical attention immediately but Please everyone take note of what Renee did and seek both LEGAL AND MEDICAL attention!

As always I am here if anyone needs help finding an "experienced" law firm!

Sincerely,
Barb~
[email protected] om
Katie

United States

#3976 Sep 26, 2012
barb2000 wrote:
There are several different manufacturers, including
CR Bard, which produces a mesh product that is sold under the brand name “Avaulta”; Davol;
Boston Scientific; Island Biosurgical; Caldera Medical; Endo Pharmaceuticals; the Dublin-based Covidien;
American Medical Systems (AMS) unit of Endo Pharmaceuticals;
Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon; and Mentor Corporation, a California-based company that was eventually acquired by Johnson & Johnson.
As of February 2012, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation has ordered
ALL federal-level
vaginal mesh lawsuits against four manufacturers consolidated into four multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceedings before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
District Court Judge Joseph Goodwin is the presiding judge. The four companies involved are: C.R. Bard; American Medical Systems; Boston Scientific; and Ethicon. MDL allows parties whose cases share common opponents, facts, and legal issues to combine their cases for the pretrial phase only. Consolidation saves the parties’ and the judiciary’s time and resources while allowing plaintiffs the opportunity to recover an amount of compensation that corresponds to their injuries, unlike in a class action lawsuit, which provides a fixed award. At the end of the pretrial process, the parties select a handful of plaintiffs, whose cases are typical of all plaintiffs, to try their cases before juries in what are called “bellwether trials.” Bellwether trials allow the remaining plaintiffs and defendants to assess their cases and decide whether they should proceed to trial themselves or settle out of court. The first transvaginal mesh bellwether trial is scheduled to begin on February 15, 2013, against C.R. Bard.
Sincerely,
Barb~
INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
All Information is designed to help victims safely cope with their needs. Information is NOT the same as legal advice. Although I go to great lengths to make sure the information is accurate and useful, I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance, and your interpretation of your situation.
You should consider all information as personal opinion only.
Does anyone know who the first case will be?
Barb

Euless, TX

#3977 Sep 26, 2012
Katie, I will check to see if there is any news on that.

Sincerely,

Barb~

Canada

#3978 Sep 27, 2012
the J&J ,Ethicon,bellwether trials that were to start this November have been postponed to January 2013 according to my lawyer...he is expecting to receive correspondence from our defendants this coming week
T-Haynes

Dallas, TX

#3979 Sep 29, 2012
Angel wrote:
I have read what so many of you women have gone through and I have also read the post where the women talks about how these types of cases were settling for 750,000 and up to 2,000,000. I was wondering have Anyone on this forum sued and if so have you really gotten anywhere close to those types of figures mentioned? Not to sound nasty because I do believe what you all went through but it's crazy that they would offer that type of money (sorry) just my opinion!
Really!!!That's not enough!this is for the rest our lives!you have to go thru it before you talk out the side of your neck!
Barb

Euless, TX

#3980 Sep 29, 2012
T-Haynes wrote:
<quoted text>Really!!!That's not enough!this is for the rest our lives!you have to go thru it before you talk out the side of your neck!
T-Haynes, I agree and that is why I have tried to stress to all to make sure you retain a firm that knows what they are doing and is willing to get in there and actually litigate your case! You are the victim/Plaintiff so if you don't agree on the settlement than DON'T allow your attorney to settle! If you have to fire his A$$!!!

Don't allow your attorney to go behind the curtain and settle your case this soon! Wait until the first few cases have been litigated and if it was me demand your attorney gets in there and puts your case in front of the Judge! I know everyone needs money now to help with your medical but in all honesty don't cut yourself short by settling without getting your case in front of the Judge so he can hear your actual case!

This is my opinion ONLY! This is not legal advice!

Sincerely,

Barb~
[email protected] om
Barb

Euless, TX

#3981 Sep 29, 2012
Nonie Wideman wrote:
the J&J ,Ethicon,bellwether trials that were to start this November have been postponed to January 2013 according to my lawyer...he is expecting to receive correspondence from our defendants this coming week
Hello Nonie, I hope you are doing well. I am finding the first Bellwether case for Bard is set for Feb 5, 2013. So it looks as though Jan-Feb 2013 is kick off time. This will be interesting to watch how all is going to unfold! Say your prayers ladies....too bad everyone can't be there to rally around the Plaintiff!

Take Care,

Barb~
Barb

Euless, TX

#3982 Sep 29, 2012
Below is a little more info but I will update with more later:

Vaginal mesh lawsuits included in four related pelvic mesh multidistrict litigations are subject to newly issued discovery orders.

On August 22 and August 23, 2012, the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, who is overseeing the pelvic mesh multidistrict litigations currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, issued four pretrial orders in the following actions: In re: American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2325”); In re: Boston Scientific Corp., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2326”); In re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2327”); and In re: C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (“MDL No. 2187”).

The first three pretrial orders deal with the filing of complaints in the American Medical Systems, Boston Scientific Corp., and Ethicon MDLs. The fourth pretrial order sets forth deadlines for bellwether trial selection and related discovery in the C.R. Bard MDL.

Orders Standardize Complaint Forms For Plaintiffs To File Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits

The first three orders allow each plaintiff to utilize and complete a standardized complaint form in order to file a lawsuit against American Medical Systems, Boston Scientific Corp, and Ethicon, respectively. The standardized complaint promotes efficiency and expedites the litigation process.

The form complaint allows plaintiffs to make claims against the pelvic mesh manufacturers for multiple causes of action, including: negligence, strict products liability, and breach of warranty.

Additionally, the form complaints permit plaintiffs to seek damages, including: personal injury, wrongful death, economic loss, loss of services, and loss of consortium. Similarly, defendants must file a master answer in response to each complaint.

Discovery Scheduling Order Issued In C.R. Bard MDL

Judge Goodwin also issued a pretrial order that will govern the course of the multidistrict litigation against C.R. Bard for the second group of lawsuits pending against the manufacturer. Previously, Judge Goodwin set a trial date of February 5, 2013 for the first federal vaginal mesh lawsuit against C.R. Bard. According to this latest order, trials for the second group of lawsuits against C.R. Bard will begin on June 24, 2013.
Renee

United States

#3983 Sep 30, 2012
I wanted to know if anyone know if the Gynecare TVT Tape Prolene Mesh model # 810041b has been recalled? I can't find the information!!! I found the Gynecare TVT prolene, Gynecare TVT Secur and Gynecare prolift have been recalled but are any of these the same as mine??? I had my surgery June 29 2012 and I have so much pain and I can't have sex and it's breaking up my relationship!!! Among other problems I wish I never had this surgery... I have called the Herman and Gerel law firm and they say I have a strong case... So if anyone knows about the recall please let me know... You can email me at [email protected]

Thank You,
Renee Cook
Renee

United States

#3984 Sep 30, 2012
Hi! This is for Barb,
I read your post about you help people who need a lawyer for their mesh lawsuit! I need your help please!!! So if you could kindly email me at [email protected] so we can talk that would be great... Thanks for all the information that all of you provide... I just wish I would've found this site before I had this mesh surgery...

Thank you all,
Renee Cook
Barb

Euless, TX

#3985 Sep 30, 2012
Renee wrote:
Hi! This is for Barb,
I read your post about you help people who need a lawyer for their mesh lawsuit! I need your help please!!! So if you could kindly email me at [email protected] so we can talk that would be great... Thanks for all the information that all of you provide... I just wish I would've found this site before I had this mesh surgery...
Thank you all,
Renee Cook
Renee, I just emailed you.

Sincerely,

Barb~
Tvt prolift is the devil

United States

#3986 Sep 30, 2012
Where did u get this info? Can u post a link? This is exactly what I go through everyday.
Nonie Wideman wrote:
<quoted text>
Mesh used vaginally for incontinence or prolapse can occasionally cause pain vaginally, throughout the pelvis, in the legs/groins, buttocks and/or abdominally. Typically when this occurs it is secondary to the mesh being placed too tight, or healing in a position that is pulling on the muscles and nerves and causing irritation to these structures. Rarely, as with any pelvic floor surgery, a nerve injury can occur and this can cause pain as well. Again, one has to remember that pain as a complication can occur with any pelvic surgery, whether mesh is used or not. Some of the newer technology to attach the mesh in place vaginally actually has less risk of causing pain or a nerve injury compared to some of the older, more “traditional” surgery where mesh is not used. However, even with the best technology, risks such as pain exist and the most important thing is to recognize the complication and get adequate treatment early in the process. In most cases, pain is a complication that can be treated and eradicated if properly recognized and treated.
When a woman has pain following a mesh procedure for incontinence or prolapse a conservative approach can be utilized at first, however if the pain does not improve or is very severe (which may be a sign of nerve injury), a surgical approach may be indicated. Conservative therapy may involve pelvic floor physical therapy (ie manual therapy on the muscles and the nerves in the vagina and pelvis to help them relax or relieve spasm that may be causing pain) and/or trigger point injections into the muscles and/or nerves in the vagina that may be causing the pain. If the pain does not respond to this therapy, then surgery is indicated.
Typically, when mesh is causing pain, it is secondary to healing too tight, being placed to tight,“bunching up” in the vagina, or one of the attachment points pulling on a muscle or nerve causing pain. Typically, the pain can be reproduced on vaginal exam and the an area of ‘banding” of the mesh can be palpated, which indicates the mesh is too tight in this region.
Vaginal Mesh for Prolapse (Cystocele/Rectocele/Vault)
With the first generation mesh kits (such as Avaulta, Apogee/Perigee, Prolift), as well as the TOT slings, the mesh arms penetrate through and through the pelvic sidewall muscles and then go through the groins and if these arms are too tight, it can cause pain vaginally or in the groins. In many instances, these arms or “bands” of tension can be palpated vaginally and the arms surgically released or cut, which takes the pressure off the muscles and nerves and relieves the pain. In other instances, the entire mesh (ie for prolapse repair) will need to be stripped out and removed. On occasion, if the mesh arm has been placed through and through the sacrospinous ligament (ie with Prolift) the mesh arm will need to be dissected out of the ligament and the pudendal nerve released away from this area. Rarely, an abdominal approach will be necessary to take care of pain from mesh placed vaginally or abdominally with sacralcolpopexy. If this is the case, most surgeons will recommend major surgery with a large abdominal incision. Drs. Moore and Miklos actually achieve the same procedure through mini-incisions in the abdomen and a laparoscopic approach, which allows for early return to home and rapid recovery.
Tvt prolift is the devil

United States

#3987 Sep 30, 2012
Where are these doctors?

Canada

#3988 Sep 30, 2012
Tvt prolift is the devil wrote:
Where are these doctors?
http://www.google.ca/url...
Tvt prolift is the devil

United States

#3989 Sep 30, 2012
Thanku.
nikki

Chesapeake, VA

#3990 Oct 1, 2012
Hello everyone

This question is for Barb,(or anyone else who can answer) just wondering I had a court imposed mediation date in sept. but for some reason it was postponed and reschedule for oct. now I am told that the new date may be pushed back why do you think the defendants did this. My lawyer is always out of town and no paralegal seems to know the answer! I have a court date of june 2013 but with all I been through I really want to settle and move on with my life.
malleylawatgmail _com

Dallas, TX

#3991 Oct 1, 2012
What did I miss? I have been tied up recently, initially celebrating finally my facebook case, then we got word of an appeal. First ever case to get judgment against facebook concerning privacy and became the case to cite for those filing privacy cases. Oh well, my case is probably headed to US SUP CT. Always something! There goes a ton of my time next year on preparation. That will be interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Face...

A divided federal appeals court approved a $9.5 million settlement Thursday of a suit against Facebook for creating an information-sharing program in which millions of users' online purchases could be disclosed to their entire network of "friends."

So I am working today on writing a lawsuit for another TVT case, and it's killing me that there still is limited studies about future problems. I am writing it so I can leave it open, but can't add the specifics of auto immune and possibility of cancer. So MDL has nothing about these issues, I took in a call this morning from another atty filing the case who asked: "This material is bad news and has to be doing something to them". Of course I rattled off my cancer research and he was floored.

I am pulling filed cases to see if any other firms have picked up on the future problems but all the cases being filed seem to be "cookie-cut" filings. FYI: Mass Torts attys that gather and feed cases "upsteam" just create a mass production line to catch and release (refer)cases without any research or work.(using fishing metaphor!) That is why you people always say I can't reach my atty,there's a firm involved I never knew about, atty knows nothing of what is happening. It's because the first atty will never do any work and they sit back and get a % ONLY for "catching you". Once your case is signed up, The cases do not separate the problems each individual is having and it just clumps cases together, ie change the name on the complaint and just file. This is not the way to litigate! Each case is different and will produce a higher recovery if treated that way.

The other issue is I see are non lawyers who are attempting to grab cases so they can be paid for referring cases. Lawyers must talk to the prospective clients. It is ILLEGAL, a class c misdemeanor for an individual to practice law without a license.( in texas) ANY, I REPEAT ANY ,ISSUE RELATED TO YOUR CASE CONCERNS LEGAL ISSUES, THUS NON ATTYS MAY NOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ABOUT LEGAL ISSUES. Attys employ legal assistants that take in phone calls and gather info, your name ,address and basic info, but then they get the atty on the telephone, thus, IF YOU HAVE EVER SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR AN ATTY AND NOT SPOKEN DIRECTLY, I REPEAT DIRECTLY ,TO THE ATTY BEFORE YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT, A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED BY AN ATTORNEY, THEN YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO CHAT.

Canada

#3992 Oct 1, 2012
malleylawatgmail_com wrote:
What did I miss? I have been tied up recently, initially celebrating finally my facebook case, then we got word of an appeal. First ever case to get judgment against facebook concerning privacy and became the case to cite for those filing privacy cases. Oh well, my case is probably headed to US SUP CT. Always something! There goes a ton of my time next year on preparation. That will be interesting:
http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Face...
A divided federal appeals court approved a $9.5 million settlement Thursday of a suit against Facebook for creating an information-sharing program in which millions of users' online purchases could be disclosed to their entire network of "friends."
So I am working today on writing a lawsuit for another TVT case, and it's killing me that there still is limited studies about future problems. I am writing it so I can leave it open, but can't add the specifics of auto immune and possibility of cancer. So MDL has nothing about these issues, I took in a call this morning from another atty filing the case who asked: "This material is bad news and has to be doing something to them". Of course I rattled off my cancer research and he was floored.
I am pulling filed cases to see if any other firms have picked up on the future problems but all the cases being filed seem to be "cookie-cut" filings. FYI: Mass Torts attys that gather and feed cases "upsteam" just create a mass production line to catch and release (refer)cases without any research or work.(using fishing metaphor!) That is why you people always say I can't reach my atty,there's a firm involved I never knew about, atty knows nothing of what is happening. It's because the first atty will never do any work and they sit back and get a % ONLY for "catching you". Once your case is signed up, The cases do not separate the problems each individual is having and it just clumps cases together, ie change the name on the complaint and just file. This is not the way to litigate! Each case is different and will produce a higher recovery if treated that way.
The other issue is I see are non lawyers who are attempting to grab cases so they can be paid for referring cases. Lawyers must talk to the prospective clients. It is ILLEGAL, a class c misdemeanor for an individual to practice law without a license.( in texas) ANY, I REPEAT ANY ,ISSUE RELATED TO YOUR CASE CONCERNS LEGAL ISSUES, THUS NON ATTYS MAY NOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ABOUT LEGAL ISSUES. Attys employ legal assistants that take in phone calls and gather info, your name ,address and basic info, but then they get the atty on the telephone, thus, IF YOU HAVE EVER SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR AN ATTY AND NOT SPOKEN DIRECTLY, I REPEAT DIRECTLY ,TO THE ATTY BEFORE YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT, A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED BY AN ATTORNEY, THEN YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO CHAT.
how is it we know nonyphenol which leaches out of degrading polypropylene mimics high doses of estrogen which is linked to ovarian and breast cancers and yet no one wants to address the fact that people with degrading polypropylene mesh are afraid for the long term effects of degrading medical mesh implants....it was manufacturers lack of intense long term studies to establish safety that put us at an increased risk of cancer...this pisses me off that we patients with mesh can see the links and are frightened but lawyers are not picking up the fact that there was a huge breach in due diligence....arghhh !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Sep '16 Fiona 88
shampoo for over 40s (Apr '07) Aug '16 Vcb 17
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News DePuy ASR Hip Lawsuit Update: Federal ASR Hip L... (Jul '13) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News Report cites untapped solar power potential of ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Solarman 1
News Premature Ejaculation Drug (Jul '06) Jan '16 Dr Wu 32
News Buffett grandchild can't afford cable (Dec '08) Dec '15 Don 7
More from around the web