lawsuit filed Gynecare TVT bladder su...
malleylawatgamil _com

Rowlett, TX

#3833 Aug 27, 2012
sue in chillicothe wrote:
Dr. Michael Carley at Baylor University in Dallas did my last two surgeries
So sue you feel Dr Carley is qualified to be added to the list of Dr's able to properly extract the mesh? That would be 2 Dr's in southwest, Dr Zimmern and Dr Carley.

I emailed about 15 Dr's yesterday that looked qualified, and invited them to prove they were qualified, including telling them about the board. So if any doc's show up here we need to "interrogate" them as to why there is not training on removing the mesh and why so many people can't find qualified med treatment and have to travel half way across country.

Can we set that to be the goal this week, getting that list from this board, and any other boards ,so you can share that info with others, and find doc's in all parts of the country.

That would be productive for all. So in addition to your ability to exchange assistance to each other about the surgery ,I feel you need to help those who can't find medical treatment asap! The legal info/obtaining legal counsel is secondary from what I can see now from being on the board for about 2 weeks.
mesh removed

United States

#3834 Aug 27, 2012
Lana Keeton wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dislike seeing the mesh injured patients continue to be used by the system, by doctors, hospitals, mesh manufacturers, attorneys, the court system. I find it disgusting, once you are injured a whole bunch of people make a whole lot of money because you are injured but you as the injured patient are left to deal with your medical, physical, financial and emotional issues all by yourself. NO ONE helps you.
To me, Barbara Martin is the epitome of the system. She posts on here acting as though she is really concerned for your welfare, when the reality is her goal is to get you to file a lawsuit. Filing a lawsuit is fine, but not through subterfuge.
There is no information anywhere who Barbara Martin actually is. You can not find her on zabasearch, Google (except for Topix), in the phone book, through 411 or through a website. I am a really good researcher and could not find her.
When Joe Malley posted, I remembered she had originally contacted me through him in 2007. I found his phone number in his e-mail to me, called it and ask for Barbara Martin. They took the message and said they would have her call me. Why the subterfuge? Why not just say, please contact Joe Malley at XXX?
I am listed everywhere. Phone numbers, e-mails, websites, blogs. It should be very obvious I have made huge personal sacrifices to help people, yet the people on this forum put me in the same category as someone who is taking advantage of them.
It does not seem to register with people here, I am standing up for you. I want the best for you through a clear transparent situation.
Best, Lana
Lana,
Thank you for all the hard work you have done for so many years, while suffering youself. I know without your tireless fight for the victims, there would have been no notifications from the FDA. I can sense your anger towards those that try to pray on us because you care so much and know first hand of the horrible mesh. Thank you for continuing to work on the victims behalf. As far as Barb and her lawyer I think no matter what you say, they will have their say on this website. It is up to us to decifer who is truly helping us. As you know, those are few and far...Thank you again for trying your best.
mesh removed

United States

#3835 Aug 27, 2012
malleylawatgmail_com wrote:
what is the average cost to remove the mesh, including initial exam, diagnostic tests, surgery,hosp cost and doct costs?
Can this be done as an outpatient procedure?
Everyone's condition/severity is different therefore the cost will be different as well. Some peoole have multiple meshes, some have one, some need reconstruction after the removal, some do not, some need multiple explants some do not. Some have severe infections that was caused by the mesh, therefore they need inpatient care instead of the common outpatient care. If you go to Dr. Raz, he has many diagnostics in his office, if go to a different one they may send ots out to a hosp for testing which costs more. Basically, there is no one answer. Plus depending on location each doctors, surgical, hospitals have different rate. You should call the healthcare providers to get this info...

I have one question, are attorneys taking mesh cases because of the FDA warnings only? If there were no warnings, would you have taken cases on a contingency basis because the victims were actually suffering so much? Just curious.
NoTVTNo

Phoenix, AZ

#3837 Aug 27, 2012
On the subject of doctors. Has anyone had removal by Dr. Christopher Twiss in Tucson, AZ. If so please email me. I have an appointment with him first week of Sept. Also, I have a freind whose daughter in law just had removal by a doctor at UC Davis, CA. Does anyone know anything about this facility? Dr Twiss did work with Dr Raz at UCLA and Dr Raz has recommended him to a friend for follow-up. My email bmartiniano@hotmail.com

“Public Consultant”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3839 Aug 27, 2012
NoTVTNo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lana, I think you may have taken my post wrong. We all love you and appreciate so much what you have and are doing to help us all. I support you 100%. The point I was trying to make is that we do not want to be involved in the ongoing bashing by you and Barbara. She needs to take that up personally with you and leave us out of it. We are still in pain and go here to get information on our conditions and share with others, not get into disagreements with those others. I thank you for making it clear that Barbara and Mally are connected, we don't need atty's on this site. We need to find the doctors that can help us, we need to support each other. We love you Lana.
I am sorry but "She needs to take that up personally with you and leave us out of it"! Lana is the one slandering my credibility on this Forum for all to see, therefore EVERYONE needs to address their complaints to Lana ONLY! I would not be having to defend myself on this forum if she would act professional and accept that others are trying to help!

I have even applauded her at times for her all she has done and continues to do with the FDA but even then she continues to slander me in her posting! So please direct all future complaints to her and leave me out!

Plus let me be quite clear on this matter..........

I AM NOT WORKING WITH JOE MALLEY ON MESH CASES AND ANYONE THAT HAS CONTACTED ME KNOWS THAT TO BE TRUE!

PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT POSTING IN ORDER FOR ME TO CLARIFY ALL LIES AND SLANDER THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOUT ME FROM LANA!

NO DISRESPECT TO ANY OF THE "LADIES" ON THIS FORUM BUT I'VE HAD A STOMACH FULL OF ALL THE LIES AND I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE BUT....

I WILL BE POSTING IN ORDER TO DEFEND MY REPUTATION FROM LANA'S DRAMA AND SLANDEROUS POSTINGS!

Respectfully,

Barbara Martin
martinconsumeradvocate@gmail.c om
Katie

Statts Mills, WV

#3840 Aug 28, 2012
I received this from my lawyer today...

Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update

The transvaginal mesh (TVM) litigation is moving forward and bellwether trials have been scheduled. Currently the bellweather trials for the four primary TVM manufacturers are as follows:

Ethicon: January 2013
C.R. Bard: March 2013 and June 2013
Boston Scientific: later in 2013
American Medical Systems (AMS): later in 2013

While these are the four largest TVM manufacturers, there are many others that are also the subject of litigation. These include, but are not limited to:

Caldera Medical Inc.
T-Sling
Caldera Mesh
Ascend Blue Mesh AC
Desara Mesh Sling
Popmesh
Sofradim
Pelvetex
Uretex
Ugytex Mesh/Pelvitex Polypropylene Mesh
Parietex Surgical Meshes
Parietex Optimized Composite Mesh & Parietex Optimized Composite Mesh (PCO-OSX References)
Parietene Duo and Quadra Polypropylene Meshes
Ugytex Sual Knit Mesh
Coloplast A/S
Restorelle Polypropylene Mesh
Mentor Novasilk
Aris Transobturator Sling
Mpathy Medical Devices, Inc.
Restorelle Polypropylene Mesh
Minimesh Polypropylene Mesh
Marketing Solutions Inc.
iPelvimesh/Hermesh 7
Prosburg, Inc.
Minisling Adjustable Polymer Sling & Surgical Mesh with Self-Anchoring System
Zippere - Bioabsorbable/Non-Absorbable Polymer Sling & Surgical Mesh
Tepha, Inc.
Tephaflex Surgical Mesh
Kensey Nash Corp.
Bioblanket Surgical Mesh
Proxy Biomedical, Ltd.
Polyform Synthetic Mesh
Herniamesh,Inc.
Herniamesh T-Sling
Injectx, Inc.
Biosling - Bioabsorbable Polymer Sling & Surgical Mesh
Cousin Biotech S.A.R.L.
p1 and Biomesh Plug and Patch
Katie

Statts Mills, WV

#3841 Aug 28, 2012
Could someone explain about the "bellwether" trials. Is that where everyone finds out which way the trials will go?
Katie

Statts Mills, WV

#3842 Aug 28, 2012
I Googled it. Explanation is below...

"the bellwether trial is a bit of a litmus test. The bellwether trials allow both the plaintiffs’ attorneys and those of the defendants to predict how future court cases will go. If, for example, all five bellwether cases are found for the plaintiffs, the defendant might take that as a sign that they will lose most, if not all, future litigation and settle with all the plaintiffs rather than facing potentially high jury awards and court costs.

If three of five cases are determined in favor of the plaintiff, the defendant might take that into consideration and offer a smaller settlement or not settle at all. Meanwhile, plaintiffs can determine whether it’s worth it to continue with their individual cases.

At a bellwether trial, both sides get to see what evidence the other side has, how the courts (that is, how the juries or judges) are finding and, if they are finding for the plaintiffs, how high the awards are. Losing a bellwether case does not necessarily mean the defendants won’t pay anything or offer to settle. Based on the evidence against them, they may still decide to settle rather than facing the cost of litigation. But the bellwether trials give both sides in a lawsuit an idea of how future litigation might go."

“Public Consultant”

Location hidden

#3843 Aug 28, 2012
Katie wrote:
Could someone explain about the "bellwether" trials. Is that where everyone finds out which way the trials will go?
Katie,
I had posted information about that several months ago but I will repost it in a few minutes just in case you can't find it. But to my knowledge you are right but once again this is not legal advice and check with an attorney.

Sincerely,
Barb
mesh sucks

Gilbert, AZ

#3844 Aug 28, 2012
NoTVTNo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to add to you post, Mesh Sucks. This is a relatively new procedure, removing mesh, as far as the medical field is concerned. There are not many trained to do it using the proper techniques. I watched a video by a doctor talking about the mesh to other doctors and he continuously came back to the fact that many problems have occured implanting the mesh as the techniques for implant were wrong. Having been presented as a relatively simple procedure is not. Even Dr Raz's associates http://mobile.thepaincenter.com/ is training, takes many surgeries and hours of training to do the removals correctly. My personal goal is that if a doctor has not done at least 100 surgeries, I don't talk to him. I have 3 implants, this is much more involved than one. Much more material to remove. However, even one, in my opinion, can be a disaster to remove if the doctor is not properly trained. This is also where cost comes in. Can the all be removed in one surgery or several. How much damage will be done in the removal, determining how much reconstruction is necessary. How long has the mesh been in place, seems the longer the more damage, more material has crawled into more tissues and organs. So many variables. Making a list of doctors can be good and bad. We need to know his experience and results which can take months to determine.
Barb,
I know and understand...it is/was also irresponsible for all those doctors to implant so many hundreds of thousand meshes without much training or research. Hope to see you soon! ;)
mesh sucks

Gilbert, AZ

#3845 Aug 28, 2012
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22578730
Perhaps manufacturers & doctors should have done this research prior to making all of us into guinea pigs.

“Public Consultant”

Location hidden

#3846 Aug 28, 2012
Katie wrote:
I Googled it. Explanation is below...
"the bellwether trial is a bit of a litmus test. The bellwether trials allow both the plaintiffs’ attorneys and those of the defendants to predict how future court cases will go. If, for example, all five bellwether cases are found for the plaintiffs, the defendant might take that as a sign that they will lose most, if not all, future litigation and settle with all the plaintiffs rather than facing potentially high jury awards and court costs.
If three of five cases are determined in favor of the plaintiff, the defendant might take that into consideration and offer a smaller settlement or not settle at all. Meanwhile, plaintiffs can determine whether it’s worth it to continue with their individual cases.
At a bellwether trial, both sides get to see what evidence the other side has, how the courts (that is, how the juries or judges) are finding and, if they are finding for the plaintiffs, how high the awards are. Losing a bellwether case does not necessarily mean the defendants won’t pay anything or offer to settle. Based on the evidence against them, they may still decide to settle rather than facing the cost of litigation. But the bellwether trials give both sides in a lawsuit an idea of how future litigation might go."
Great research Katie! Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,
Barb
Meshie

Frankfort, KY

#3848 Aug 29, 2012
mesh sucks wrote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu bmed/22578730
Perhaps manufacturers & doctors should have done this research prior to making all of us into guinea pigs.
Thank you for posting??? Wow wish I had know before implant. God bless

Since: Aug 12

Phoenix, AZ

#3849 Aug 29, 2012
barb2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but "She needs to take that up personally with you and leave us out of it"! Lana is the one slandering my credibility on this Forum for all to see, therefore EVERYONE needs to address their complaints to Lana ONLY! I would not be having to defend myself on this forum if she would act professional and accept that others are trying to help!
I have even applauded her at times for her all she has done and continues to do with the FDA but even then she continues to slander me in her posting! So please direct all future complaints to her and leave me out!
Plus let me be quite clear on this matter..........
I AM NOT WORKING WITH JOE MALLEY ON MESH CASES AND ANYONE THAT HAS CONTACTED ME KNOWS THAT TO BE TRUE!
PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT POSTING IN ORDER FOR ME TO CLARIFY ALL LIES AND SLANDER THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOUT ME FROM LANA!
NO DISRESPECT TO ANY OF THE "LADIES" ON THIS FORUM BUT I'VE HAD A STOMACH FULL OF ALL THE LIES AND I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE BUT....
I WILL BE POSTING IN ORDER TO DEFEND MY REPUTATION FROM LANA'S DRAMA AND SLANDEROUS POSTINGS!
Respectfully,
Barbara Martin
Barb, What part of we do not want to hear anymore on this blog, do you not get??????????
Nonie Wideman

Vancouver, Canada

#3850 Aug 29, 2012
hmmnn..people would not have to defend if others did not attack..been on the receiving end of malicious remarks and shamings....perhaps the overzealous critics should refrain from nasty ,pointless posts...the topic here was "lawsuit filed"...so many ladies found this topix forum searching for legal resource information, so it is really not off topic to not always focus on the emotional and medical resources......it has evolved into an all encompassing forum regarding the medical mesh tragedies .....until the topic title changes,ladies should be tolerant of the fact that ladies just realizing what has happened to them want all kinds of information,and when they did their search for info to arrive at this forum they most likely typed in the word "lawsuit"...I know I did.....and thankfully I found more than I thought was possible..compassion,understan ding,validation.
Too bad it comes with the petty remarks one has to learn to ignore while looking for pearls of wisdom...if people are attacked here,expect them to defend themselves,it is very easy to understand..if you want someone to stop yelling take the stick away from the person hitting them.....what part of this do we not get? the provokers needs to stop provoking.....and then no one would have to defend themselves.....and we could get back to sharing info,providing encouragement, and sharing ideas on how to help each other with RESPECT.....we need to be a united front against the indiscriminate use of an unreliable product.....synthetic medical mesh!!!!
mesh sucks

United States

#3851 Aug 30, 2012
Yes, "united against...the mesh". Not each other, plz agree to disagree. Am tired of reading the attacks and then reading the "defense"...can we just get along?
I was curious if others were like me suffering and I found it through topix. Until one experiences this horror no one really can understand.
Teresa

United States

#3852 Aug 30, 2012
sue in chillicothe wrote:
Dr. Michael Carley at Baylor University in Dallas did my last two surgeries
Sue,
Dr Carley is my doctor also. wonderful man. I just finished my second extraction last tuesday..
Katie

Statts Mills, WV

#3853 Aug 30, 2012
barb2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie,
I had posted information about that several months ago but I will repost it in a few minutes just in case you can't find it. But to my knowledge you are right but once again this is not legal advice and check with an attorney.
Sincerely,
Barb
I remembered you posting something Barb, but could find it.

“Public Consultant”

Location hidden

#3856 Aug 30, 2012
Lana:“I am listed everywhere. Phone numbers, e-mails, websites, blogs. It should be very obvious I have made huge personal sacrifices to help people, yet the people on this forum put me in the same category as someone who is taking advantage of them.”

My response: WELL HONEY YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD AND LIST YOUR SELF EVERYWHERE BUT I WILL NOT!

I AM A VICTIM OF RAPE; THEREFORE I REFUSE TO LIST MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET! HOW STUPID FOR ANYONE TO DO THAT ESPECIALLY A WOMAN!!

I PUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE INTERNET AND THAT IS ALL ANYONE THAT IS NOT A PERSONAL FRIEND OR BUSINESS ACQUAINTANCE NEEDS!

ONCE THEY CONTACT ME I ALWAYS GIVE MY PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION AND THE ATTORNEYS INFORMATION!

SO YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD AND POST YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HONEY….

Lana:“It does not seem to register with people here, I am standing up for you. I want the best for you through a clear transparent situation.”
My response: If you want the best for “people here” then stop spending time slandering me and continue to HELP!

Lana:“To me, Barbara Martin is the epitome of the system. She posts on here acting as though she is really concerned for your welfare, when the reality is her goal is to get you to file a lawsuit. Filing a lawsuit is fine, but not through subterfuge.”

My response: SUBTERFUGE:“Deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.” I DO BELIEVE YOUR NAME WAS LISTED RIGHT BELOW THE DEFINITION!

I have been up front and honest with everyone on this forum from day one BUT you on the other hand when I called you out about being on attorney’s web pages and your “Legal Consultant” site you then posted “Lana Keeton Legal Consultant” under your posting! SO WHO IS USING “SUBTERFUGE”!! As I always say “The guilty dog always barks first” and for you the barking is continuous!!

Lana:“Barbara Martin works for Joe Malley, the attorney. Joe Malley first contacted me in November 2007. See e-mail at the end. Then Barbara Martin (a/k/a "Lori [Laura] Martinez") started contacting me also asking for information.”

My response: WHAT A BOLD FACED LIE! YOU WERE SO QUICK TO POST JOE MALLEY’S EMAIL TO YOU THEN LET’S SEE THIS FICTITIOUS EMAIL FROM “BARBARA MARTIN (A/K/A “LORI [LAURA] MARTINEZ”!!

AS I STATED IN MY PRIVATE EMAIL TO YOU; “THE LIES, SLANDER AND DEFAMATION NEEDS TO CEASE IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL”!

ALONG WITH YOU NEED TO REMOVE ALL THE SLANDEROUS AND DEFAMATION POSTINGS OF ME WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DATE AND TIME I AM POSTING THIS NOTICE!

AGAIN I WILL NOTE:

"slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove.

Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications."

ENOUGH SAID!

Barbara Martin

“Public Consultant”

Location hidden

#3857 Aug 30, 2012
Lana:“I am listed everywhere. Phone numbers, e-mails, websites, blogs. It should be very obvious I have made huge personal sacrifices to help people, yet the people on this forum put me in the same category as someone who is taking advantage of them.”

My response: WELL HONEY YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD AND LIST YOUR SELF EVERYWHERE BUT I WILL NOT!

I AM A VICTIM OF RAPE; THEREFORE I REFUSE TO LIST MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET! HOW STUPID FOR ANYONE TO DO THAT ESPECIALLY A WOMAN!!

I PUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE INTERNET AND THAT IS ALL ANYONE THAT IS NOT A PERSONAL FRIEND OR BUSINESS ACQUAINTANCE NEEDS!

ONCE THEY CONTACT ME I ALWAYS GIVE MY PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION AND THE ATTORNEYS INFORMATION!

SO YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD AND POST YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HONEY….

Lana:“It does not seem to register with people here, I am standing up for you. I want the best for you through a clear transparent situation.”
My response: If you want the best for “people here” then stop spending time slandering me and continue to HELP!

Lana:“To me, Barbara Martin is the epitome of the system. She posts on here acting as though she is really concerned for your welfare, when the reality is her goal is to get you to file a lawsuit. Filing a lawsuit is fine, but not through subterfuge.”

My response: SUBTERFUGE:“Deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.” I DO BELIEVE YOUR NAME WAS LISTED RIGHT BELOW THE DEFINITION!

I have been up front and honest with everyone on this forum from day one BUT you on the other hand when I called you out about being on attorney’s web pages and your “Legal Consultant” site you then posted “Lana Keeton Legal Consultant” under your posting! SO WHO IS USING “SUBTERFUGE”!! As I always say “The guilty dog always barks first” and for you the barking is continuous!!

Lana:“Barbara Martin works for Joe Malley, the attorney. Joe Malley first contacted me in November 2007. See e-mail at the end. Then Barbara Martin (a/k/a "Lori [Laura] Martinez") started contacting me also asking for information.”

My response: WHAT A BOLD FACED LIE! YOU WERE SO QUICK TO POST JOE MALLEY’S EMAIL TO YOU THEN LET’S SEE THIS FICTITIOUS EMAIL FROM “BARBARA MARTIN (A/K/A “LORI [LAURA] MARTINEZ”!!

AS I STATED IN MY PRIVATE EMAIL TO YOU; “THE LIES, SLANDER AND DEFAMATION NEEDS TO CEASE IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL”!

ALONG WITH YOU NEED TO REMOVE ALL THE SLANDEROUS AND DEFAMATION POSTINGS OF ME WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DATE AND TIME I AM POSTING THIS NOTICE!

AGAIN I WILL NOTE:

"slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove.

Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications."

If this upsets anyone then PLEASE skip over my posting and don't read it! This is ONLY TO CLEAR MY NAME FROM THE VICIOUS, SLANDEROUS AND DEFAMATION POSTINGS OF ME BY LANA KEETON!

ENOUGH SAID!

Barbara Martin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson and Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethicon Suture Recall (Jun '09) 13 hr Michael 51
Gynecare tvt settelment Sep '17 Cindy Riley 1
News Transgender teenager Jazz Jennings signed to be... (Mar '15) Aug '17 TipsyFromCentralC... 4
Poll Injured by Ethicon's Prolene Hernia/Bladder Mesh? (Jul '08) Apr '17 Denise Schrader 203
News N/R: Lack of mental, epileptic drugs hit health... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Humanspirit 1
Successful removal of TVT (Apr '11) Jan '17 Jackiedee 89
shampoo for over 40s (Apr '07) Aug '16 Vcb 17
More from around the web