New Cain Internet ad shines focus on viral videos

Oct 30, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSFA-TV Montgomery

A new ad featuring Herman Cain's smoking campaign manager Mark Block is the latest political video to become an overnight Web sensation.

Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Cool people smoke. Nerds eat Tofu.
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 30, 2011
 
"Shine"? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacists !!!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Curtis Lowe wrote:
Cool people smoke. Nerds eat Tofu.
Remind me to serve tofu at your wake after you smoke yourself to death.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

1

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Remind me to serve tofu at your wake after you smoke yourself to death.


Obama is a smoker. Do you wish him dead too loon?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a smoker. Do you wish him dead too loon?
No. Just you.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3



People are Interested in Cain. He's not another Politician like Obama looking to line his pockets or Destroy the Country to create a Socialist State.

Cain has the Ideas, Courage and Integrity to make this Country Thrive again.


Obama is just an Asshat that runs up over $4.2 TRILLION in Unpatriotic National Debt in less than 3 Years!


You won't catch Cain starting ILLEGAL WARS either unlike Obama who Started 2 ILLEGAL WARS!




It's time to Erase the Stain of Obama.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2


LOL! Whatever loon.





Funny to hear you complaining about cig smokers while you're the biggest Pothead here!

Moron! Bwahahahahaha!




swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>No. Just you.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poll: Cain, Romney share lead in Iowa


By Jamie Klatell
10/30/11

Businessman Herman Cain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are the front-runners for the Republican presidential nomination in Iowa, according to a Des Moines Register poll released Saturday night.

Cain, who has shot to the top of national polls as well, earned 23 percent support of likely caucusgoers, and Romney has 22 percent support, the Register poll found.



YES!!!!!


With little more than two months before Iowa holds the first vote of the presidential contest, the rest of the GOP field trails by at least 10 percentage-points in the state. Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) scored 12 percent support in the poll.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presi... -

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Biden:‘We can’t win without Florida’


By Ben Geman
10/29/11

Vice President Biden said Friday that President Obama cannot be reelected without again winning Florida, a pivotal swing state that carries 29 electoral votes.


“We plan on winning Florida. We can’t win without Florida,” Biden added. He went on to spew a half dozen more lies before shaking hands at another "Fundraiser."


BRING YOUR SORRY ASS DOWN HERE YOU DRAFT DODGING POS!






http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/president...

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The laughing liberal wrote:
LOL! Whatever loon.
Funny to hear you complaining about cig smokers while you're the biggest Pothead here!
Moron! Bwahahahahaha!
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with everybody wanting you to die.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do with everybody wanting you to die.


Really?You mean All of your Aliases.

ROFLMAO!






It's sad how Scum like you cannot handle Patriotic Debate. Your retort for LOSING is to wish the other side death.


You're a Pathetic little Pothead and an Embarrassment to real Americans.


“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Health law's poor polling: GOP controls debate, Dems worried


By Julian Pecquet
10/30/11

Defenders of the Democrats' health law quickly tried dismissing Friday's dismal poll numbers as a statistical fluke.

But the monthly poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation registered the lowest level of support for the law since it was enacted in March 2010, with 51 percent of respondents having an unfavorable view versus 34 percent in favor. The main reason: waning support from Democrats. Just 52 percent of Democrats now have a favorable view of the law, Kaiser found.


The poll numbers are to be expected, said Ron Pollack, founding executive director of the pro-reform Families USA.



"It's not surprising that the more people learn about the health care law, the more the opposition grows," Energy and Commerce health subcommittee chairman Joe Pitts (R-Pa.) told The Hill via e-mail.

"The law was sold with budget gimmicks and empty promises that it would create jobs, lower premiums, and the government wouldn't touch your plan if you liked it. Instead, the law's regulations have forced businesses continue to lay off employees, increase premiums, and countless individuals will either lose their current plans or be pushed in the public exchanges."



http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1


Idiot Obama: Pelosi was 'one of the best' Speakers!



"We have to Pass the Bill to Find out What's In it!!!"




Obama is One DUMB Mother!



A NATIONAL DISGRACE!
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Mediocre republican candidates spell another 4 years for Obama.

It will be another McCain loss.

There are strong republicans, but they failed to step up and that indicates they are weak after all.

Very disappointed in the Republican field.

UNFORTUNATELY, Neglect by republicans to fully organize and get behind strong candidates indicate weakness in the republican party. Boehner and Cantor appear weak. Mamby Pamby. We need strong leadership

Who wants to support a weak party?

And beware of a third party candidacy from republican candidates.

Thoroughly disappointed and disgusted with republicans. An opportunity squandered.

Democrats appear unified, not republicans.
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The laughing liberal wrote:
Biden:‘We can’t win without Florida’
By Ben Geman
10/29/11
Vice President Biden said Friday that President Obama cannot be reelected without again winning Florida, a pivotal swing state that carries 29 electoral votes.
“We plan on winning Florida. We can’t win without Florida,” Biden added. He went on to spew a half dozen more lies before shaking hands at another "Fundraiser."
BRING YOUR SORRY ASS DOWN HERE YOU DRAFT DODGING POS!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/president...
And that's exactly why Obama appointed Fl Congresswoman Debbie "Haiti is FL's 68th County" Wasserman Schultz democrat chairperson.

She knows FL and is looking to teachers, police and fire rescue unions to support Obama in FL. Plus, Obama is pandering to the huge population of Puerto Ricans in Central FL. They get to vote.

North FL typically Republican leaning
South FL typically Democrat leaning
Look to Central FL to be the deciding factor.

Since: Jan 07

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

There is an op-ed by columnist Kathleen Parker in our morning paper which attempts to analyze the effectiveness of the Block/Cain commercial. According to her analysis, the commercial appeals to those over 45 who chafe against the influence of the "nanny state" and its perceived intrusion into personal decisions and choices. By extension, it probably appeals to most people who are by nature non-conformists. Smoking has for so long been a societal "bete noir" that it is almost shocking to see someone actually smoking on television, let alone in a politicial ad.

The Cain ad is unorthodox, of course. However, his whole campaign and surge to the lead in many polls has been unexpected and confounding to the talking heads and self-acknowledged expert strategists. I am sure the ad will be condemned by the self-righteous as a danger to the children of the country (who don't vote) and in whose name politicians have promoted the ubiquitous oversight of the "nanny state."

Thus far, Cain has confounded the talking heads, the Republican establishment types and the Democratic observers. Efforts have been made to diminish him as a "pizza shop owner" and the release of his parody of John Lennon's "Imagine" was supposed to ridicule him. Instead, the only comments I heard were that he has an outstanding voice!

Much of his appeal lies in the perception that he is who he says he is, that he is genuine, the real article, a self-made success story. He is positive when others are negative. Because of his business career, he is probably an expert in marketing, thus does not need to employ "professionals" to create a false persona for him when he already possesses a natural and very rare charisma.

The "problem" with Mr. Cain is that he defies conventional wisdom, and somehow, it's part of his appeal.
Dave

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I loved the campaign ad. I could hardly stop laughing cuz it was an "in your face" statement that makes fun of the "nanny state"
Wall Street Government

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 30, 2011
 
No Child Left wrote:
There is an op-ed by columnist Kathleen Parker in our morning paper which attempts to analyze the effectiveness of the Block/Cain commercial. According to her analysis, the commercial appeals to those over 45 who chafe against the influence of the "nanny state" and its perceived intrusion into personal decisions and choices. By extension, it probably appeals to most people who are by nature non-conformists. Smoking has for so long been a societal "bete noir" that it is almost shocking to see someone actually smoking on television, let alone in a politicial ad.

The Cain ad is unorthodox, of course. However, his whole campaign and surge to the lead in many polls has been unexpected and confounding to the talking heads and self-acknowledged expert strategists. I am sure the ad will be condemned by the self-righteous as a danger to the children of the country (who don't vote) and in whose name politicians have promoted the ubiquitous oversight of the "nanny state."

Thus far, Cain has confounded the talking heads, the Republican establishment types and the Democratic observers. Efforts have been made to diminish him as a "pizza shop owner" and the release of his parody of John Lennon's "Imagine" was supposed to ridicule him. Instead, the only comments I heard were that he has an outstanding voice!

Much of his appeal lies in the perception that he is who he says he is, that he is genuine, the real article, a self-made success story. He is positive when others are negative. Because of his business career, he is probably an expert in marketing, thus does not need to employ "professionals" to create a false persona for him when he already possesses a natural and very rare charisma.
The "problem" with Mr. Cain is that he defies conventional wisdom, and somehow, it's part of his appeal.
You make a Lot of Sense.

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 30, 2011
 
Gravediggers wrote:
Mediocre republican candidates spell another 4 years for Obama.
It will be another McCain loss.
There are strong republicans, but they failed to step up and that indicates they are weak after all.
Very disappointed in the Republican field.
UNFORTUNATELY, Neglect by republicans to fully organize and get behind strong candidates indicate weakness in the republican party. Boehner and Cantor appear weak. Mamby Pamby. We need strong leadership
Who wants to support a weak party?
And beware of a third party candidacy from republican candidates.
Thoroughly disappointed and disgusted with republicans. An opportunity squandered.
Democrats appear unified, not republicans.
"Democrats appear unified, not republicans."

Wait till Hillary leaves after 2012, there's going to be some bean spilling!
WHITE HOUSE FRANKSTINE

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 30, 2011
 
SIX THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HERMAN CAIN

1.WHITE RACIST PROGRESSIVES THAT HATE THEIR MAJORITY WHITE COUNTRY HATE HERMAN
2 BLACK RACIST POVERTY PIMP PROGRESSIVES HATE HERMAN
3.GAY AGENDA PROGRESSIVES USING THE RACE CARD TO PROMOTE THE DEVIANT AGANDA HATE HERMAN
4.COM MUNIST of all COLORS HATE HERMAN
5.OCCUPY ANARCHIST HATE HERMAN
6.MUSLIMS HATE HERMAN

yea

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent JibJab Discussions

Search the JibJab Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New Cain Internet ad shines focus on viral videos (Oct '11) Nov '11 Justin 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••