Does anyone know how many employees h...

Does anyone know how many employees have been released since 2011?

Posted in the JC Penney Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ex- employee 2011

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2013
When I left, the company had around 150,000 employees. I can't find the numbers now. The company won't say. It has to be a lot since my old store has no more lower management around. The store is ran with a skeleton crew.
mrs

Columbia, SC

#2 Mar 5, 2013
I read somewhere on 3-3-13 that it was around 19,000 so far... that number does not count the palm beach store closing.
Looking for a job soon

Rochester, NH

#3 Mar 7, 2013
More cuts this week, they have until Friday to let people go
frsjoe

Covington, GA

#4 Mar 7, 2013
How is this reduction to take on the flr or mgtm
Hurting for mom

New York, NY

#5 Mar 7, 2013
My mom's position was "eliminated". She was given her walking papers yesterday... 18+ years of dedicated service... She's devastated.
TSN

Hampton, VA

#6 Mar 7, 2013
EX-JCPenneys

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2013
I see today the #'s are around 21,000 plus and still going up. VERY SAD!
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100532140
RoJothegreat

Yucca Valley, CA

#8 Mar 7, 2013
I work there and they're firing the people who have been there decades, no merchandise in the stock rooms or to order online (unless factory ships), Morale is in the crapper, and middle mgmt who gets paid much more,stand around and do nothing. It takes great leadership to inspire your employees, bringing out the best productivity and not telling them you can be replaced,which in my store is the case. I got hired to work at JC Pennys not JCP.....
RoJothegreat

Yucca Valley, CA

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Fix ... the end ...Is NOT the case ...sorry
Current JCP employee

Greenwood, IN

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Morale is awful amongst the employees! We are seeing hard working employees with decades of service being let go. Who do they think will do the work of those let go? We are already working with below adequate staffing. Am so tired of customer after customer asking if we are closing. I used to try to be upbeat and positive but now I just say I've no idea, I hope not. Ron Johnson goes on with life with his 53 million in compensation - he has no regard for the havoc he has done in the lives of thousands of families and dedicated employees who are now without jobs. Enjoy your vacation Ron, your big house and great restaurant meals!
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#11 Mar 7, 2013
well you people all rallied around the "gay is right" mantra behind ellen and look where it got you as shoppers went to target that was incedently under a gay boycott
You liberal gay whiners make a lot of noise but the shoppers voted with their pocket books
enjoy the mess that you made for yourselves
MickC

Mount Vernon, MO

#12 Mar 7, 2013
It had nothing to do with gays or liberals. It had to do wth bad management decisions from the top. Dropping sales and coupons, and price changes fiasco's. The purging of employees who have worked thete for a long period of time.
Nicole

Turlock, CA

#13 Mar 7, 2013
My husbands job was also "eliminated". Hope Ron Johnson enjoys his life while we try to figure out how to keep 3 children fed.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#14 Mar 7, 2013
MickC wrote:
It had nothing to do with gays or liberals. It had to do wth bad management decisions from the top. Dropping sales and coupons, and price changes fiasco's. The purging of employees who have worked thete for a long period of time.
It had everything to do with gays and liberals. deny it all you want but Ellen and the gay supporting crew literally did the company in
The other decisions were made after the company had started its tailspin.
Running a business based upon social ideals isnt good business practice regardless of ones personal opinions
Ex-Jcp staff in China

Fuzhou, China

#15 Mar 7, 2013
I left in Apr,2012. half of our office was cut.
Definately

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Mar 7, 2013
Brian wrote:
well you people all rallied around the "gay is right" mantra behind ellen and look where it got you as shoppers went to target that was incedently under a gay boycott
You liberal gay whiners make a lot of noise but the shoppers voted with their pocket books
enjoy the mess that you made for yourselves
I hardly think that gay has anything to do with this moron. Think with better ideals. You know, corporate business making more off of employing less. Or, perhaps, hostile take over. Money and gay aren't the same.
Definately

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Mar 7, 2013
I think that there is much more going on than a homosexual principal. I really hope that people look beyond that. No one really knows 'why', or 'why not' in this situation. Please ask the people in charge of the situation.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#18 Mar 8, 2013
Definately wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think that gay has anything to do with this moron. Think with better ideals. You know, corporate business making more off of employing less. Or, perhaps, hostile take over. Money and gay aren't the same.
Typical answer from what I expect to be a gay liberal.
In reatail its all about sales
More off of less is manufacturing
Your attitudes offended the public, drove away customers and tarnished an image that stood for generations all in one swath. I am always appaled at how arrogant you are even when you fail.
Thank yourself for ruining what was once a good company in your quest for your so called social justice
mrs

Columbia, SC

#19 Mar 8, 2013
Sir,
I do not know where you are getting your information but the ground floor employees had absolutely nothing to do with the advertising or advocating of jcps attitude towards the gay community. In fact most of the employees I have talked to saw it as a bad move to begin with and yet they are being punished (lay-offs, store closings, etc.) for the horrible decisions of the company's board members.
22 cents

Cathedral City, CA

#20 Mar 8, 2013
RoJothegreat wrote:
I work there and they're firing the people who have been there decades, no merchandise in the stock rooms or to order online (unless factory ships), Morale is in the crapper, and middle mgmt who gets paid much more,stand around and do nothing. It takes great leadership to inspire your employees, bringing out the best productivity and not telling them you can be replaced,which in my store is the case. I got hired to work at JC Pennys not JCP.....
I agree with you! They keep employees that are not doing their job. The people who work hard and do a good job are looked over. Better to keep people who don't care about getting more hours and don't care about having any work ethic or pride in their jobs. That seems to be the way they are going now. If your cute and just stand around and not work hard somehow you are rewarded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JC Penney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Access Denied on website (Jan '15) May 21 telzo 35
News J.C. Penney to Resume Selling Home Appliances A... May 19 LTAssociate 13
Icaps/surveys and hours May 19 LTAssociate 6
Attendance May 19 Anonymous 1
Penny sale May 15 LTAssociate 9
News JCPenney Tumbles Amid Report Company Is 'Taking... May 11 holznomor 2
Dating within workplace May 11 Bad news Brad 2
More from around the web