hours cut
KMM

Poplar Grove, IL

#1 Nov 25, 2012
I know there are several stylist out there that have had there hours cut, I ma wondering what you are doing to get thru this. I have not worked in two weeks, hmmmmmmmmm what should I do????
KMM

Poplar Grove, IL

#2 Nov 25, 2012
I know there are several hairstylists out there that have had there hours cut. What are you doing about this? I haven't worked in 2 weeks which means noo paycheck, hmmmmmm what should I do?
CAJ

Suffolk, VA

#3 Dec 19, 2012
I am a manager in one of the JCP salons and I have been so stressed out about cutting my stylists hours. I have wonderful stylists who have had to endure several issues lately. First they had their commission taken away and replaced with hourly pay, then they were told in August to provide "free" haircuts for kids, but not to worry they would still make productivity of $14 per haircut. The free haircuts has now been extended, but they will no longer make the $14 productivity, they will only make $7 ????? In addition, they will be sent home and hours reduced if they are not booked fully. It is hard to be fully booked when shoppers are no longer coming to JCP and free haircuts for kids does not encourage the type of shoppers that Ron Johnson is desiring. My stylists will not be able to continue working at JCP with such reductions in pay and I will be left to find inexperienced stylists that are willing to work for hourly pay that doesn't cover most expenses in life. Goodbye to my wonderful stylists and clientele that will most likely follow them to their higher paying salon jobs. The salon will soon be like Smart Styles in Wal-Mart.
KMM wrote:
I know there are several hairstylists out there that have had there hours cut. What are you doing about this? I haven't worked in 2 weeks which means noo paycheck, hmmmmmm what should I do?
janet

Boston, MA

#4 Dec 23, 2012
amen to that how true. I work at one of your stores also. and during the last few weeks in dec. they hae offered overtime hours to certain people and not to others. that is what you call favortism. also you have to spanish emplyess who speak and write really good english but when the are together on the floor and aroung the registers they always speak spanish. it is a slap in the face because we have no idea what they are saying. it they want to talk in there language they should do it when they are off the clock.
In a Tough Spot

La Grange, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
CAJ wrote:
I am a manager in one of the JCP salons and I have been so stressed out about cutting my stylists hours. I have wonderful stylists who have had to endure several issues lately. First they had their commission taken away and replaced with hourly pay, then they were told in August to provide "free" haircuts for kids, but not to worry they would still make productivity of $14 per haircut. The free haircuts has now been extended, but they will no longer make the $14 productivity, they will only make $7 ????? In addition, they will be sent home and hours reduced if they are not booked fully. It is hard to be fully booked when shoppers are no longer coming to JCP and free haircuts for kids does not encourage the type of shoppers that Ron Johnson is desiring. My stylists will not be able to continue working at JCP with such reductions in pay and I will be left to find inexperienced stylists that are willing to work for hourly pay that doesn't cover most expenses in life. Goodbye to my wonderful stylists and clientele that will most likely follow them to their higher paying salon jobs. The salon will soon be like Smart Styles in Wal-Mart.
<quoted text>
Yes, ma'am. you took the words right out of my mouth. I worked as a stylist for JCP for 3 years before the changes started and came back at the end of July as a leader, myself. This has probably been one of the most frustrating and depressing jobs I've had to learn bc of these changes. So many people have asked if we are closing {in the store and in the salon}. All I know to say is not that I know of. However, we are a smaller store and that's makes me worry constantly about keeping my own job, as well.
terrified master stylist

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 6, 2013
I am a master stylist at a jcp salon. I have been with the company for 12 years. I never thought in a million years that i would be out of a job, but that has all changed. THANK YOU FREAKIN RON
JOHNSON!!!!. I have not lost my job YET, but Nothing good will come out of this. I have already lost 1/3 of my clientel do to the changes. I know it wasnt do to my services but simply finding a more convenient less costly salon. When i know everybody loves to get beautiful and then go buy a new outfit, but when you find the store you loved to do that all at has changed for the worst, you find a new salon and store you love. WHen there are not any shoppers even in the store to walk in how can you build back up. My manager has been trying to do everything she can for us, but it soon i feel will be out of her hands. I Know as a higher paid employee i am first to go. I dont even know what i am going to do if this doesnt get better, i feel like the last 12 years of hard work were for nothing. I will have nothing if jcp salon go under. Please let me know how everybody else out there feels.
tired of JCP

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Our manager says he will give more hours to the assciates who get the most charge apps. Is that even legal?
in the know

Westerville, OH

#8 Jan 8, 2013
What is with the rumor that Mr. 52 mill a year is going to do away with all chemical services? I've noticed in the past few months we have been receiving less and less of color and perms. Not to mention hours and clients. I've been with jcp for almost two years now and have built a considerable clientele. I absolutely love my coworkers and my clients. However I'm finding it harder to stay positive about all these changes the past year. I am a senior stylist who is ten cents short of making master. I thought i could hang in there but not really sure i want to at this point. I am a single mother of four who excelled when we were paid commission. The past year has been so financially difficult but i felt a loyalty to my company s well as my coworkers to stick it out and see where it goes. Not really feeling it at this time and looking like its not going to get better any time soon. He's put me in a tough situation. Id hate to lose one of my beloved clients by relocating. Need advice from someone who knows where i am. Those left in my salon seem to be drinking rons kool aid...
in the know

Westerville, OH

#9 Jan 8, 2013
And for the record I'm the only stylist ay my location who does ethnic hair. I suppose if all cemical services are nixxed that puts my many ethnic clients into another stylists chair in another salon. So terribly frustrating!
N8VTXN

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Well how about them "Apples". After 4 years as a part time associate averaging 20 hours every 2 weeks I now have 12 hours for the month on the schedule. I asked about the drop in hours and to confirm previous post I was told the hours are being dispersed on credit applilcations and usage of the libby's. Lets look at one of the first issues. Asking a customer if they are interested in saving an additional 20% on their purchase by signing up for a new credit card is borderline unethical. Truth is you are about to zap someone with 29% intrest, and that aint doing anyone any favors. Part two we are going to migrate to a hand held device and walk around and check people out... brilliant. No bags to put this stuff, not exactly sure the person is ready to check out and unless you go to a counter where there are bags, change and a printer the customer is SOL. And of coursr guess who makes these little hand held devices... any guess?? Thats right Apple... can you say conflict of interest? Better yet we are now going to use wireless devices to transmit your info in a store. Great ideal if youwant to open yourself up to security breeches. Safe to say I understand why JCPenneys has made the number one spot for the ten most hated business of 2012. My guess is unless they make serious changes and decide whether they want to be in the credit business, the cutting edge of how department stores do busness (unsuccessfully) or if they are going to listen to the customers who have kept the doors open this long. One key thing Ron Johnson forgot is that the 20 somethings have zero loyalty . They want what is hot right now and will shop elsewhere in a skinny second. Those folks who have shopped your store for years will to the minute you tell them their money, opinion and value as a long time customer means nothing. Give it 18 months and youwill not have to worry about it.The quality and selection has dwindled and the value is non-existent. Call its Spring? Really this foreign made garbage synthetic glued together plasit should be named Call it Crap... Congrats Ron.. come in bleed it dry attepmt to reinvent the wheel fail miserablly and then throw your hands up and walk out. Who do you hjave to know to get a job that pays this much to do something you know nothing about.
N8VTXN

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Jan 13, 2013
tired of JCP wrote:
Our manager says he will give more hours to the assciates who get the most charge apps. Is that even legal?
Thta is the same at many stores....They are also looking at the libby usage to make that decision. Hopefully you recieved more training than the store associates in our area...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JC Penney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JC Penney results extend a gloomy week for reta... 7 hr ambrosene1 1
attendance (May '15) Mon FLORIDA GAL 25
401 stock suit (Mar '17) Dec 5 Janie 5
VERP in 2018? Dec 1 Retired 2
Enterprise fulfillment Nov 29 Furn 3
Dress code, specifically shoes? (Nov '16) Nov 22 lot 9
News Texas-based retailers need a jolt of jolly as t... Nov 12 ThomasA 10
More from around the web