So unfair

Since: May 12

United States

#1 May 19, 2012
What do salon workers think about this hourly sorry pay
JAK

United States

#2 May 19, 2012
I have been a stylist with JCP for 19 yrs and do NOT like this change at all. I feel we are not valued for the professionals we are and where's the incentive for us?? I now wonder why the company wasted the time and money on that wonderful 'WOW' training we just had a month ago. I guess we are all 'wow'ed' now, huh?

United States

#3 May 21, 2012
JAK wrote:
I have been a stylist with JCP for 19 yrs and do NOT like this change at all. I feel we are not valued for the professionals we are and where's the incentive for us?? I now wonder why the company wasted the time and money on that wonderful 'WOW' training we just had a month ago. I guess we are all 'wow'ed' now, huh?
I really feel sorry for you 19 years in the making and this how u get treated.ive only been on board for almost a year and was judged from last year when I first started but as far as this year Im number 2 of 13 in the salon and 30 in district for total of sales and retail and I'm the lowest paid employee in the salon including the receptionist I have brought in 23,000 for the tear to make 10.55 a hour now dats some bull.they want u to work hard this year so u can reep the benefits next year I have lost $250-300 a pay check.hows dat for fair and square.all the reasons I chose this company is gonna be all the reason I leave this company.wonder could I collect unemployment for my losses
JAK

United States

#4 May 21, 2012
'Fair and Square' sure... If your name is Ron Johnson and your sitting behind that desk making the BIG dollars while we are all working for Penney's making Penny's. There was a discussion in our salon the other day about the unemployment and I think one of the girls was going to check on that. I feel right now that I have given JCP all that I have to give them and they keep taking more so as soon as the right oppurtunity comes I am going to jump on it. You are right, the company is no way the same company today that it was when I first started.

United States

#5 May 21, 2012
JAK wrote:
'Fair and Square' sure... If your name is Ron Johnson and your sitting behind that desk making the BIG dollars while we are all working for Penney's making Penny's. There was a discussion in our salon the other day about the unemployment and I think one of the girls was going to check on that. I feel right now that I have given JCP all that I have to give them and they keep taking more so as soon as the right oppurtunity comes I am going to jump on it. You are right, the company is no way the same company today that it was when I first started.
To bad we couldn't all go on strike

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JC Penney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wages Aug 28 JCPguy 2
i caps (Jul '13) Aug 23 gracelina 18
New dress code in effect August 1st. Thoughts? Aug 23 gracelina 22
lingerie dept Aug 23 gracelina 3
Attendance Aug 16 Associate 1
401 Plan Expenses to Employees to HIGH! Aug 8 old JCP 1
wage discussion Aug 7 xxlove2 1
More from around the web