DEALTALK-Time may be ripe for US Air-AMR merger

Jun 7, 2012 Full story: Reuters

Having sat out the mega-mergers last decade that created the world's top two airlines, bankrupt AMR Corp appears to be on a path toward an arranged marriage with smaller counterpart US Airways Group.

Full Story
hector lopez

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jun 8, 2012
No way merging with JBLU, these Yankees, who come into dfw and make a loud statement. Jblu can sit and spin, but without Parker and Kirby now, we're the codee's and not the coders, this management is more into giving it to their employees instead of their competitors.
Nivedita Bhasin

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Once AA sheds old union rules and payscales the airline will once again stand alone and proud!(and making money).

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Tom Horton is extolling how much money AA is already making thru it's business partners. "Outpacing the industry." The union rules and employees are still in place. Much of upper management has been or is in the process of being replaced or done away with. Can you do the math, or will I have to expound upon this in a later post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JetBlue Airways Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst airline ever Dec 5 Frequent Flyer 3
JetBlue to charge some fliers for luggage, cut ... Nov 22 Ramprat 1
JetBlue in 'Hot Seat' After Flight Attendant De... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Propilot 2
Jet Blue: Is it standard procedure to force 3-y... (Jun '14) Jun '14 JASPER TUDOR 2
Mass. Mom Says Toddler Denied Bathroom Access, ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 ApePeeD 1
Airlines - except United - post profits (Apr '14) May '14 Chris 3
Americans Still Love JetBlue and Southwest Airl... (May '14) May '14 Bigmikejones 1
More from around the web