Gender stereotypes easing more for gi...

Gender stereotypes easing more for girls than boys

There are 1 comment on the KansasCity.com story from May 7, 2011, titled Gender stereotypes easing more for girls than boys. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

If a girl wants to try her hand at baseball or ice hockey, she's likely to be praised as plucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

glasseye67

Media, PA

#1 May 7, 2011
Well its funny you should mention this.

I am getting on in my years and I have seen quite a lot. And I have to say from making decisions on my own, that certain girls were made to do certain things. There is always the neighborhood tom-boy who wants to play baseball with the boys. It just happens.

But in the long run over time, I still feel that the traditional woman taking care of a home, cooking and such is what women should really be doing.

I also do not believe that women do not belong in certain parts of the working world, unless completely necessary.

I do not consider myself to be what has been termed over the years as a male chauvinist but it is nice to see that men these days do not have to rely on women as much. Leaving them more freedom to not be able to cook or run a household ideally. That is without being away from everyone on their own. Which is what they really want.

Still, and not being prejudice, a woman's place is in the home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J Crew Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Country Singer Chely Wright Marries Gal Pal (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rick 11
Leopard Prints (Aug '11) Aug '11 Andrea 1
News Gender stereotypes easing more for girls than boys (May '11) May '11 HumanSpirit 1
News Gender stereotypes easing for girls, not boys (May '11) May '11 HumanSpirit 1
News Children's gender roles revisited (May '11) May '11 HumanSpirit 6
News Celebrate Pink Nail Polish Day Today (May '11) May '11 HumanSpirit 4
News Business Briefs, 12/23: Jo-Ann Stores going pri... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Kathryn A Phelps 1
More from around the web