Itron laying off 750 worldwide

Itron laying off 750 worldwide

There are 2 comments on the Business Journal story from Oct 26, 2011, titled Itron laying off 750 worldwide. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Electricity and water-meter company Itron Inc. said it will lay off 750 people, or 7.5 of its worldwide workforce, over the next 18 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Tim

Ipswich, UK

#1 Oct 26, 2011
Just another US company that buys European company strips it of it's technology and shuts it down
Ech

Glen Osmond, Australia

#2 Aug 13, 2013
I used to work for Itron for over 6 years and was "threatened" with signing a Deed of Release for Redundancy within 30 minutes.... and it was 2 months short of my long service leave. Is that how an International company is supposed to treat loyal employees?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Itron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westerville City Council approves 'smart meters' (Apr '11) Apr '11 Givemeliberty2 15
News Westerville council returns to 'smart meter' de... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marvin Glep 12
Feed to Power Billing System (May '10) May '10 ks4life 1
News Edison installs 1st 'Smart Meter' in Downey home (Sep '09) Sep '09 Solarman 4
More from around the web