Next Last
StuckatQuad

Ellington, CT

#42 Mar 20, 2012
Any news on the CT and MA plants?
killchain415

Beckley, WV

#43 Nov 11, 2012
Listen all I worked for Quad for 6 years and ill tell you its a great company World color ,if that was the company you worked for,is where the blame should be they simply bit off more than they could chew Quad is a money making company and no different that the hardware store down the street they want to make money and in their eyes closing plants is the best way to make sure that happens otherwise you get to keep your jobs yes but when to company goes bankrupt like thew first one did and theres no other company to buy them out then where are you the same place posting comments about them not having talent it sucks to lose your jobs its hard ive been there believe me but if cutting a few thousand jobs to save 10's of thousands of jobs than so be it sometimes it a price we have to pay for others even if we don't want to but someone has to and as a president and CEO I promise you with everything I have and am Joel Quadarichi made that choice with a very heavy heart and I worked at the martinsburg plant in West Virginia and I was able to talk to joel through E-mail now how many people can say they have the ability to talk to their CEO any time they want like that? NONE.6 years ago when to economy took it's first crap they had to lay off over 200 people some had there for over 20 years but it had to be done and after it was over and we had a company wide address by joel and there wasn't a person in that room that did not believe in what was going on we all felt the hit you could see the hurt in joels eyes and it was profound even to me and I never got above second pressman so dont think I'm just taking up for them cause I was management.
smoken1

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Nov 13, 2012
Lil birdie told me Augusta is close to shuttering dont know for sure
CMGR

Clemmons, NC

#45 Nov 14, 2012
killchain415 wrote:
Listen all I worked for Quad for 6 years and ill tell you its a great company World color ,if that was the company you worked for,is where the blame should be they simply bit off more than they could chew Quad is a money making company and no different that the hardware store down the street they want to make money and in their eyes closing plants is the best way to make sure that happens otherwise you get to keep your jobs yes but when to company goes bankrupt like thew first one did and theres no other company to buy them out then where are you the same place posting comments about them not having talent it sucks to lose your jobs its hard ive been there believe me but if cutting a few thousand jobs to save 10's of thousands of jobs than so be it sometimes it a price we have to pay for others even if we don't want to but someone has to and as a president and CEO I promise you with everything I have and am Joel Quadarichi made that choice with a very heavy heart and I worked at the martinsburg plant in West Virginia and I was able to talk to joel through E-mail now how many people can say they have the ability to talk to their CEO any time they want like that? NONE.6 years ago when to economy took it's first crap they had to lay off over 200 people some had there for over 20 years but it had to be done and after it was over and we had a company wide address by joel and there wasn't a person in that room that did not believe in what was going on we all felt the hit you could see the hurt in joels eyes and it was profound even to me and I never got above second pressman so dont think I'm just taking up for them cause I was management.
I can tell by your poor grammer and spelling that you were in management.
outdoorsman

White Bluff, TN

#46 Nov 17, 2012
has anybody heard which plant is closing next?
Matt Lerner

United States

#47 Nov 17, 2012
outdoorsman wrote:
has anybody heard which plant is closing next?
Merced Ca is only operating a 40% half the plant has been layed off.
Matt Lerner

United States

#48 Nov 17, 2012
Priming is dead move on folks nothing to see here.
outdoorsman

White Bluff, TN

#49 Nov 18, 2012
Matt Lerner wrote:
<quoted text> Merced Ca is only operating a 40% half the plant has been layed off.
the dickson plant is the same....dont see how they can afford to run a few jobs in these plants

Salem, WI

#50 Nov 18, 2012
Merced is very busy, they are moving a 2x8 press in as well. We're not going anywhere.
Matt Lerner

Los Angeles, CA

#51 Nov 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Merced is very busy, they are moving a 2x8 press in as well. We're not going anywhere.
you're right about not going anywhere, it's the magazine and other print that is going some where. Time inc is going digital, Time inc has never renewed their contract

Jonesboro, AR

#52 Nov 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Not to be negative, but we thought the same thing in Jonesboro, so don't get too comfortable just yet. We gave into their demands for 12 hour shifts after working every day for months on end and 3 months later work started flying out the doors to other plants. 3 months after that, we were told the plant was closing.
chalfont_pa

United States

#53 Dec 23, 2012
looks like the vertis plants are next they will be part of the quad famliy in january 2013... beware vertis there going to close you down next
printguy

Chicago, IL

#54 Feb 12, 2013
Buy a newspaper or stopping reading everything online
buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#55 Feb 18, 2013
There is hope after Quad many us have found new jobs with compareable wages and benefits some found them soon others it too some time..And We like our new jobs..
seriously

Huntington Beach, CA

#56 Feb 19, 2013
It's a shitty place to work, you have no life. Thank God when its over
operations

Hazleton, PA

#58 Feb 20, 2013
seriously, are you kidding me right now!!!!!! He had tears in his eyes - HE STILL LAID EVERYONE OFF AND HE HAS A JOB!!! They're called "crocodile tears" and they're fake!!! And talk to him about what??????? He got rid of you!!! What do you think he wants to talk to you about!!!! A "heavy heart"? How the hell would you be able to determine that????? IT'S ALL AN ACT!!!! We here in Hazleton aren't buying it!! We have dumber than dirt management with people that sit around doing absolutely NOTHING all day long!!! I'm sitting with them - I see them!
slick willy

Lenoir, NC

#59 Apr 30, 2013
killchain415,,, yes and he laid off the people who got him where he is today,, people with 20 or more years.. after they had been beat down and broken.. he took the life,, and their heath ins with him how touching..most of these people will be lucky to find a job at walmart now.. damn yankee vampire is what joel is..
batman

White Bluff, TN

#60 Dec 17, 2014
Dickson tn plant will be closing by march 2014 we got the news today..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Aug '17 Johnson 112
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
More from around the web