Sussex, WI

#2 Dec 23, 2011
whats next wrote:
heard they are shuting down the nashville plant is it true
Dickson will close before Nashville.
Joels dad Larry Flint

South Windsor, CT

#3 Dec 23, 2011
When all is said and done, Quad does not have the talent to pull off the merger...NO matter how much money, arrogance, perversion...
Whats next....
For all of you that lost your jobs...
It is nothing you did, It is the root perverison that Quad is run on. You have talent and value you will make it...The inbred WI foks dont have a clue...
God bless al of you as u make the journey it will ne enlightnng, its not your fault...
merry xmas and happy new year
whats next

Dickson, TN

#4 Dec 24, 2011
This might come as a surprise to everyone but alot of the people at the Dickson plant is glad. I have never seen so many people afraid that they would change their minds we have had enough of the lies and bull they have dished out all these years. Yes it may be hard to find jobs but we all knew it was coming.We will all come out better for it,we know it is nothing we did the most of us worked hard on worn out equipment and got it done. The real sad part of it all is we are most like family yes we had our suck asses but they are staying we will miss each other alot and saying goodbye will be the worst of it all. Besides I hear alot are putting in for the layoff that have been with the company 20 or more years.
Buffalo Joe

Tonawanda, NY

#5 Dec 24, 2011
So thursday buffalo is closed for good
depew

Buffalo, NY

#6 Dec 24, 2011
whats next wrote:
This might come as a surprise to everyone but alot of the people at the Dickson plant is glad. I have never seen so many people afraid that they would change their minds we have had enough of the lies and bull they have dished out all these years. Yes it may be hard to find jobs but we all knew it was coming.We will all come out better for it,we know it is nothing we did the most of us worked hard on worn out equipment and got it done. The real sad part of it all is we are most like family yes we had our suck asses but they are staying we will miss each other alot and saying goodbye will be the worst of it all. Besides I hear alot are putting in for the layoff that have been with the company 20 or more years.
Same here in Depew.But it was very sad saying good bye very hard to do....we are family. So no more threats of closing, and worring everything happens for a reason. Its time to move on Best of luck to every one. Try to have a Merry Christmas enjoy your family at home they cant take that away from us so be happy the rest will come.
Buffalo Swami

Buffalo, NY

#7 Dec 25, 2011
depew wrote:
<quoted text>Same here in Depew.But it was very sad saying good bye very hard to do....we are family. So no more threats of closing, and worring everything happens for a reason. Its time to move on Best of luck to every one. Try to have a Merry Christmas enjoy your family at home they cant take that away from us so be happy the rest will come.
Merry Christmas to everyone From Buffalo NY no snow grass is green
whats next

Dickson, TN

#8 Dec 25, 2011
Merry Christmas to everyone from here in Dickson also no snow I wish we could of had a White Christmas this year then it could go away.
Modernday Hoodlum

Selinsgrove, PA

#9 Dec 25, 2011
Buffalo Joe wrote:
So thursday buffalo is closed for good
The same sentiment is here in Hazleton. Many ppl feel that if they are going to close our plant then so be it. Some are afraid but most would just wish that Quad would make up its mind. If they decide to shut our doors you would not hear many ppl crying. Just like in other plants, our plant has done alot with old equipment.
Modernday Hoodlum

Selinsgrove, PA

#10 Dec 25, 2011
Sorry the above quote was wrong. It was suppose to be whats nexts quoute.
Wild Zombie

Buffalo, NY

#11 Dec 28, 2011
I had a white christmas, thanks to the vacation time I accured! 1/8" x 4 " at a time!
Who needs a car?
Haggs

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Jan 14, 2012
Nashville will survive for a while. They are very busy there and have been doing alot of work to there already tired C700s. I thing Nashville has a stay of execution, at least for a little while.
JMcKenzie

Spartanburg, SC

#13 Feb 20, 2012
This sucks. I just came back. Yes we are closing the plant in May.
Bob

Millington, TN

#14 Feb 21, 2012
JMcKenzie wrote:
This sucks. I just came back. Yes we are closing the plant in May.
So, ALL the Tennessee plants will be closed, ALL the Mississippi plants will be closed, They are starting on ALL the Kentucky plants now........
Looks like a pattern to me.
Believe it in Franklin

New Albany, IN

#15 Feb 21, 2012
Looks like the Second War of Northern aggression if you ask me, to arms.
BOOM BOOM POW

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Feb 21, 2012
why HASNT JOEL ANNOUNCED THAT THE FRANKLIN KY BINDERY IS SHUTTING DOWN LIKE HE DID DICKSON I THINK THOSE CRACK HEADS UP NORTH ARE TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING STUPID BASTARDS.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#17 Feb 23, 2012
Quad believes in building their megaplants. If you're in a small plant with no room to build, the are not going to invest there. At Sussex they have slowly taken over a whole industrial park by buying out others. If they have no room to expand, they'll just run a plant til they don't need it.

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 23, 2012
Only one plant in Arkansas. Wonder how long we have.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2012
According to the press release tonite, Jonesborro is set to be closed before the year end. Are there any WC plants left in the south?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 7, 2012
Franklin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Aug '17 Johnson 112
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
More from around the web