plant shutdowns
Ink Pan

United States

#21 Mar 1, 2008
ranger wrote:
whell atglen has a shit load of salary people that should be laid off!
No one knows what they do or what they are incharge of.
Yes very top heavy
Mike

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Mar 1, 2008
ready for a new career wrote:
I havn't heard anything about the Versailes Kentucky plant , has anybody else ? It is very slow there but I'm still working these damn 12 hour night shifts. Not too many machines are running any more but all the lights are constantly on! They would not be broke if half of the unused lights were turned off! The factory is way too big and a lot of space is just being wasted. JUST CLOSE THE PLANT AND SEND ME BACK TOO SCHOOL SO I CAN GET A REAL JOB WORKING M-F DURING THE DAY SO I AM HOME WITH MY FAMILY AT NIGHT AND ON THE WEEKENDS!!! I AM SO TIRED OF WORKING AT NIGHT!!!!!!!
I got let go from the plant back in January. I bet no one heard about that one. Not sure if the plant will close or not.
Mike

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Mar 1, 2008
I got let go from the plant back in January 18th. I bet no one heard about that one. Me and four others got the pink slip. Sorry not info if the plant will close or not. The one thing the plant has going for it, it does make its yearly sales goal.
Miss Little Sunshine

East Berlin, CT

#24 Mar 2, 2008
Ink Pan wrote:
Has any plants laid off any salaried employees yet ?
SUPPLIER AND PRINTER AND THEIR LABOR FORCE, MARCH TOGETHER, TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS, IN THIS ONE:
You can bet that wonder boy Wes Lucas got his money, just like he got it at Sun Chemical another company he finished off and destroyed and was fired from. Has absolutely no idea of this industry and gets hired to be at the top and surrounds himself with friends, relatives and cronies from his many past jobs (says he has a degree from Harvard, question is what else does he have, like common sense???).
They left all his people at Sun Chemical after he got fired. Incredibly Quebecor picks him up and gives him the title CEO for all of those months and months while Quebecor and shareholder equity continued to deteriorate under his watch, a myopic and purely ceremonial watch. If you ask about Sun Chemical you will find another company that has lost all its morale and its best professional employees whose place has been taken by Lucas' people that he brought in and are still there, today.
mango

Evans, GA

#25 Mar 7, 2008
I heard that the Augusta plant did a little house cleaning, and rearranging. Take it or bye.
Frankenpress

United States

#26 Mar 8, 2008
I can say at the Corinth plant some employees have been laid off for three months now! Some salaried were given the axe about a week ago. Only three presses running out of six.
PRESS 6

Houston, TX

#27 Mar 8, 2008
I WORK FOR QUEBECOR WORLD DUBUQUE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
the horse

Norwalk, CT

#28 Mar 10, 2008
Things not looking good here at Northeast Graphics.We are being lied to on a daily basis.We are being choked off for money.Its only a matter of time when the doors are going to shut.
jason

Waukegan, IL

#29 Mar 10, 2008
i agree with u i just also got laid off in the iowa plant im ready for them to close down so we can go to school find real job.. so i can be home with my 12 day old daughter. its not gonna get ne better and im not geting any younger so good luck to u also.

Since: Mar 08

Georgetown, KY

#30 Apr 1, 2008
JOE B wrote:
SOME OF US AT VERSAILLES PLANT STILL NEED OUR JOB SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SO MUCH JUST QUIT SO WE DONT HAVE TO HEAR YOUR WHINING.
I am quitting in 10 weeks, moving on to a better job at a company who appreciates me and my work, good luck at quebecor.
ponygirl

Miamisburg, OH

#31 Apr 3, 2008
I don't know about other plants, but Lebanon is doing lay offs. I just got laid off after nearly 10 years. Good luck to you all.
Oldtimer

AOL

#32 Apr 21, 2008
Has anyone heard how the Richmond Plant is doing?
Also have anyone heard any rumors about the personal Manager leaving there?
st cloud QW employee

Saint Cloud, MN

#33 Apr 22, 2008
ponygirl wrote:
I don't know about other plants, but Lebanon is doing lay offs. I just got laid off after nearly 10 years. Good luck to you all.
Ponygirl, had you been busy up until the layoffs? How many people were layed off? Did they go by senority?
Totaly Disgusted

Shelton, CT

#34 Apr 23, 2008
Canadians dont care about peoples lives only their pokets. P K has all the money in a special room & is having a good time. He drained everything & everyone. He has the profits ! North East Graphics was one of the top printers in the east coast , and Q W killed them.
Canadian

Calabasas, CA

#35 Apr 23, 2008
All Canadians are not like PK just like all Americans are not like George W. I know most are honest, smart and work hard. I fell for all affected by these clowns.
the horse

West Hartford, CT

#36 Apr 24, 2008
The people at Northeast Graphics worked their asses off for these ruthless people only to loose their jobs in the end!Thanks Quebecor!It will be a very sad day when the doors shut,and 330 employees and thier loved ones are out on the street,at a time when the economy is at its lowest.Sleep well Quebecor!!!!!
old german

Whiting, IN

#37 Apr 25, 2008
I was with Northeast from the begining-got cut loose by WC after 6 hard years as the pressroom manager. I saw the end back in 1996. I even told the people that worked with me "Some of you think I am hard - wait there are far worse ". I agree Northeast was a showplace and now it is nothing. I hope everything works out well for those of you who are loosing your jobs.
Good Luck
Jimmy New Haven

Seattle, WA

#38 Apr 28, 2008
This will be the best thing for us at Northeast ,
We will move on with our lives , get new jobs, work for an "American Company" not deal with people who could give a Sh!@ about us.

We will just take out experience and move on.
Jimmy New Haven

Seattle, WA

#39 Apr 28, 2008
I meant to say "take our " experience...
ponygirl

Fairfield, OH

#40 Apr 28, 2008
st cloud QW employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponygirl, had you been busy up until the layoffs? How many people were layed off? Did they go by senority?
We were alway had some work in our department. The press ran 24/7. The same week I was layed off they cut the cover press down to 3 or 4 days a week. My department 8 were layed off or retired. Not sure about the numbers in other areas. I do know seniority had nothing to do with it. There were several people with less seniority than me that all got to keep their jobs. I think they were getting rid of the people that weren't afraid to voice their opinions. They claimed they went by reviews and attendance. I always had very good reviews and only had around 4 occurances (1 ready to drop off) I was actually very shock that I was one of the first in my department to go. I was due for a review early april and increase. A year ago I was even promoted. So I had no clue I would be one to go. Hope this helps. So expect any thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Jun 21 312 alone 52
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) Jun 1 Herbert 53
Kingsport Press (Mar '10) May '16 Lobodwolf 6
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Apr '16 312 alone 147
401k (Sep '15) Nov '15 maxarth 2
Who's left in Augusta (May '13) Nov '15 worker b 6
Boycott QuadGraphics Printing (Apr '12) Nov '15 worker b 48
More from around the web