midland plant closing in september?

midland plant closing in september?

Posted in the Worldcolor Forum

yard bee

Flint, MI

#1 May 24, 2011
Thats what we've been told by johanesburgh board review meeting. guess we'll see.
QDRCT

Sussex, WI

#2 May 24, 2011
yard bee wrote:
Thats what we've been told by johanesburgh board review meeting. guess we'll see.
I doubt it... QDS has done quite a bit of integration with the Midland plant.
the militant

Old Appleton, MO

#3 May 24, 2011
Thought Midland to be Quebecor/Worldcolor's best small run plant. Must just be a rumor.
papasmurf

Bay City, MI

#4 May 24, 2011
who knows. until then we'll keep putting duct tape on the antique presses to keep them running. if you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean!
Better Read Again

Charlotte, NC

#5 May 24, 2011
yard bee wrote:
Told by who?
liveweyer

Clear Lake, MN

#6 Jun 16, 2011
the militant wrote:
Thought Midland to be Quebecor/Worldcolor's best small run plant. Must just be a rumor.
Show some balls and tell them what you really think. Quad Sucks and there lack of print awards shows it. Midland has always been a kiss ass and wishes they could print like Saint Cloud. Why do you think Primedia left...... Quad Sucks at printing, check there awards or lack there of.
Gary

Middletown, OH

#7 Jun 17, 2011
QDRCT wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it... QDS has done quite a bit of integration with the Midland plant.
They also did "quite a bit of integration" at Lebanon the previous 2 years before closing the doors. Even going as far as installing a new press at the cost of 30+ million. It's all a write off as declared value. Any legacy QW plants receiving upgrades or refubishments should be worried.
the militant

Vian, OK

#8 Jun 17, 2011
liveweyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Show some balls and tell them what you really think. Quad Sucks and there lack of print awards shows it. Midland has always been a kiss ass and wishes they could print like Saint Cloud. Why do you think Primedia left...... Quad Sucks at printing, check there awards or lack there of.
Primedia/Penton Business also left St Cloud. The two plants lost about the same amount of work from what I have heard. RR prints for them also. It is just that they got a contract signed with RR and RR said they would sweeten the deal if they got the rest of their work. Thats how I understand it. Now we are all Quad, so does that mean there will be no more awards? I think not. Besides, you really don't want to know what I think.
the militant

Vian, OK

#9 Jun 17, 2011
liveweyer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all about business and money. If you can't give me the product for the amount I am willing to pay, then I will go somewhere else. How simple can the explanations be to why work moves from one printer to another? How many titles have Quebecor/Worldcolor, Quad or RR have lost because of this? Simple economics. If you print a comparable product for less, why not? I don't care how many awards you have won. Just as long as my material meets my standards. How many more titles will you lose or receive? Time will tell. Have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Aug '17 Johnson 112
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
More from around the web