quad sucks!
raul

Niagara Falls, NY

#2 May 31, 2011
Did you think Quad was going to be the great redemer of Buffalo
dumb asses

Buffalo, NY

#3 May 31, 2011
these guys have no idea what they are doing they are going to be the laughing stock when their mass market book contracts say bye bye
what I see

Oshawa, Canada

#4 Jun 1, 2011
With limited exposure to quadbots,"quads way of doing business",they come across like they are the end all be all with messiah joel at the helm.
If they are so great then why did they have to buy their work? Since taking over they have lost tons of contracts and the work they took I'm sure they will lose that too.The cult thing doesn't work and they are only buying time.Quebecor was not the greatest company,but they treated employees better.
Can't wait for the summer picnic ,bring your own food Quad will supply the koolaid.
omg

Tonawanda, NY

#5 Jun 1, 2011
dumb asses wrote:
these guys have no idea what they are doing they are going to be the laughing stock when their mass market book contracts say bye bye
I could not agree with more!!! They are way over their heads but that is what they bought and want....so sad!!!
WC Lover

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Jun 2, 2011
Fact is there was 'no' money in most those contracts. Don't think so much about Quad losing them as much as ... Simply letting them go.
dumb asses

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jun 2, 2011
WC Lover wrote:
Fact is there was 'no' money in most those contracts. Don't think so much about Quad losing them as much as ... Simply letting them go.
Ya so in other words we are losing our jobs for nothing. Some of us only had a couple 3 years to retirement maybe 5. we know that print is going way down in volumn but it will be around for a little while. In the mean time they are shipping stuff all over covers are done in one state print and bind in another its nuts. they have no idea I bet donnelly and opm are drooling just waiting. And what about the cost of moving the equipment and the investments they are making at the other plants yeah yeah I know tax write off. Wait till they have a problem on cover quality and are late and then have to ship them in a snowstorm. If they didnt want mass market they should have just sold our plant. But they were just game players knowing they were going to close us right from the beginning. Thats why they got rid of Kevin Clark. They know he would fight for or plant and they didnt want us they hate buffalo (the old world color people) And they talked Quad into closing us. I hope when they do lose the contracts due to quality and deadlines they wake up. Show the assholes who closed us the way out.
dumb asses

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jun 2, 2011
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with more!!! They are way over their heads but that is what they bought and want....so sad!!!
These people dont know their ass from a hole in the ground at least not when it comes to mass market. The one guy thought we have 500 change overs a year what a joke we had almost that in Jan and Feb alone. Suck asses
omg

Lockport, NY

#9 Jun 2, 2011
dumb asses wrote:
<quoted text>These people dont know their ass from a hole in the ground at least not when it comes to mass market. The one guy thought we have 500 change overs a year what a joke we had almost that in Jan and Feb alone. Suck asses
Like I said way over their heads...but they fooled us all..you never know..
Experience in a job no matter how small or big will be their downwfall....
Personally I hope they fall. never wish anyone bad...but they did not look at the all the aspects of the job done at Bflo....
joejoe

Dartmouth, Canada

#10 Jun 3, 2011
whats the word on Quad selling Quad Canada , rumor through Canadian plants they are selling to Bell Media , Transcon or QUEBECOR INC
TRUTH

Vanleer, TN

#11 Jun 7, 2011
BOOM
funny thing

Oshawa, Canada

#12 Jun 7, 2011
Been people going thru plant taking notes just like when Quad bought us.I guess Joel doesn't want to pay up the 80 million dollar pension shortfall by 2015 just sell it off at a discount.They have already lost way too many jobs to compeditors.
Frustrated

Toronto, Canada

#13 Jun 8, 2011
Seems like someone is buying the left overs. Guys in suits looking at everything. Wonder if they want to buy the accounts like Quad and shut the doors. Not much left in the way of good customers. The ones left now don't pay enough to cover the paper and ink.
omg

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jun 18, 2011
quad still sucks, now and always!!! They will lose contracts and they will file bankruptcy like the others. They are not smarter, wiser than most and, in fact, they are lost, dumb, uneducated, underdevoloped,and poorly managed in this industry. So so so sad!!! bye bye bye
WAHOO

Buffalo, NY

#16 Apr 2, 2012
does anyone know about Quad canciling health payments?
sign of the times

Haslet, TX

#17 Apr 3, 2012
Remember the post offices? Now instant e-mail. Remember home phones, staying home not to miss important calls? Now cell phones and ignoring calls. Remember pens, paper and filing paper work? Now just log in and speak or type then click and file, back up files in a instant. Remember hand drawn graphics, mistakes back to the drawing board. Now digital programs with undo with a click. Remember printing catalogs, maps, phone books, news, entertainment,? All is instantly displayed with a Google search and click. Printing will not die totally there will always be a tin can or milk carton in need of a label. Don't stay and fight each other for scraps. What you do today you are spend a day of your life for-Rev
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#18 Apr 4, 2012
WAHOO wrote:
does anyone know about Quad canciling health payments?
If your 90 days are up then you need to let them know through ES connection you are staying with Cobra or you are getting healthy ny or what ever. If you dont they will cancel after your 90 days. As for the $3.00 for everyyear youve been there toward your health care they are saying they will no longer pay and the union is getting a lawyer cause it was supposed to be honored in our contract. Hope that helps.

Buffalo, NY

#19 Apr 5, 2012
Hey Buffalo Rules !!

I received a letter last week saying no more medical contribution. While I only contributed to it for 30 + years, it amazes me how Quad can just say NO !!!

Hope it gets resolved in our favor !! Thanks to those fighting to restore our benefit that was negotiated !!
ITS OVER

Dickson, TN

#20 Apr 5, 2012
WELCOME TO THE NEW QUAD CULT they do what they want to do. Take from the dirt people(the working man and women and give to JOEL what would his father say was he as bad as JOEL??????????
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#21 Apr 5, 2012
guest wrote:
Hey Buffalo Rules !!
I received a letter last week saying no more medical contribution. While I only contributed to it for 30 + years, it amazes me how Quad can just say NO !!!
Hope it gets resolved in our favor !! Thanks to those fighting to restore our benefit that was negotiated !!
same here 34 years /Quad sucks the big one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kingsport Press (Mar '10) May 24 Lobodwolf 6
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Apr '16 312 alone 147
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Feb '16 No regrets 50
401k (Sep '15) Nov '15 maxarth 2
Who's left in Augusta (May '13) Nov '15 worker b 6
Boycott QuadGraphics Printing (Apr '12) Nov '15 worker b 48
News Digital flyer service coming (Nov '11) Aug '15 Adams bake 2
More from around the web