Atglen Vote
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Poppa smurf

Cape May, NJ

#1 Jun 18, 2009
Greetings from Quebecor World, Atglen PA.
Poppa Smurf here…
As all here, are I am sure by now aware… the time is very near for us to vote on our new contract terms. I believe or choose to believe our union representative did the best they could under these very difficult economic times…And facing a very hard line from management…I can only hope that the companies hard line is out of absolute necessity and not just to earn a few at the top of our plant nice bonuses. That little rumor is flying around…I don’t believe this because from what I see they seem, to be very intelligent man and women…And doing something like that would just make his work force hate management. And well let’s just say can’t be good for productivity… To our union representative I think it would have better to work on some way too curb all of the rumors flying around. This only destroyed our confidence in your ability to represent us…To management If I may make a suggestion…You need to engage your work force more, throw us a bone with little meat on it every now and then…(Please keep your minds clean here people) I realize this will take a lot us time…Because many if not all of believe that you think of us as disposable wage slaves…And we very much would like to see you working somewhere else… Again not very good for productivity…I am sure Quebec is watching…Anyway back to what I am trying to voice here…The cuts imposed here are To sever and will cause most of your very talented skilled labor force to seek other employment opportunity… I believe three of your Senor tradesmen are getting ready to retire on my group a loan YY would you want the junior tradesmen unhappy and wanting out… You are going to find that we don’t grow on trees. My vote will be made after reading and considering all the terms carefully… Right now it’s looking like a NO…It was a Hell NO…So there is still time for a change of heart…

BIG DADDY ROSS JENKINS

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 18, 2009
there is a reason paragraphs were invented, i refuse to read what you wrote, my eyes are throbbing
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#3 Jun 18, 2009
there should never be a yes with what they offered once you give up the 8 or 10% pay cut. management does nothing but lie and has does nothing but lied to use in years past. ONCE YOU GIVE IT UP YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#4 Jun 18, 2009
SO ATGLEN UNION MEMBERS THERES ONLY ONE VOTE AND THATS NO!!!
Whatever

Sevierville, TN

#5 Jun 18, 2009
And what makes you think that they will honor any terms that are in your new contract? We signed our contract last June and they have now taken away everything they agreed to in the first place and much more! It's a good ole boy company and always will be. They even got the mighty teamsters to tuck tail and run.
goss blue

Winthrop, MA

#6 Jun 19, 2009
As a non union employee in another division (thankful), the 10 % is a bitter pill but if YOU all vote no, you can kiss your jobs good bye. Have you heard of the term "unit cost"?

Dean don't scare, he will shut your union shop down.

Poppa smurf

Cape May, NJ

#7 Jun 19, 2009
BIG DADDY ROSS JENKINS wrote:
there is a reason paragraphs were invented, i refuse to read what you wrote, my eyes are throbbing
To…BIG DADDY ROSS JENKINS
My apologies... as you can see I am not very proficient at writing.
This will improve in time...As for your eyes may I suggest a visit to your nearest
Eye doctor.:)
Poppa Smurf
X-ink guy

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 19, 2009
Big Daddy Ross
Plants closing people out of work some living in the street because they lost their home and all you can say is
"there is a reason paragraphs were invented, i refuse to read what you wrote, my eyes are throbbing"
You must be a great co-worker not to mention perfect .
When starting a sentence Start with a capital letter ( T ) also when reffering to yourself ( I )needs to be the sameway>>>>
I'm sure you will say that's why they don't have a job because they can't spell or write...
You need to see an eye doctor to get that throbbing looked at. You might able to see things a little different instead so clouded ..
Billy

Naperville, IL

#9 Jun 19, 2009
Poppa smurf wrote:
<quoted text>
To…BIG DADDY ROSS JENKINS
My apologies... as you can see I am not very proficient at writing.
This will improve in time...As for your eyes may I suggest a visit to your nearest
Eye doctor.:)
Poppa Smurf

Poppa, you did just fine. Nobody is perfect.'BIG DADDY' made some critical comments, and you took it all in stride.

You apologized for your writing proficiency, and even stated that improvements would be forthcoming. A lot of the people who post here might have told "BIG DADDY" to go screw himself, but you took the high road.

It's a pleasure to have good-natured folks like you on our web site. Take care, and keep on writing.

Since: Jan 09

goobertown,ar.

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Could someone please post the details of the new proposal? I am very interested to see what the differences are between yours and the deal that all of the rest of us have already voted on.

Since: Jan 09

goobertown,ar.

#11 Jun 19, 2009
Damn!! I hope I didn't leave out a comma or semicolon. LOL
Ranger

United States

#12 Jun 20, 2009
Might not like it but I'm voting "yes".
I need support my family.
I think anyone with any common sense will look at it the same way!!!!
Stackerboy

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2009
Ranger wrote:
A real Ranger would not be a coward.
offset reel man

Norristown, PA

#15 Jun 20, 2009
I think it will pass but be close;What I don't understand is why all the ney sayers haven't quit yet?I know whats going to be presented to be voted on.Is it good ...no is it better than some of the other plants got...yes by far.
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#16 Jun 20, 2009
Ranger wrote:
figures that a union rep. would vote yes, most off them in atglen are only out for themselves. hell most of them spend most of there time under the desk of management.
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#17 Jun 20, 2009
Stackerboy wrote:
<quoted text>
A real Ranger would not be a coward.
AMEN to that
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#18 Jun 20, 2009
Ranger wrote:
you sir have no common sense you more then anyone should realize they have done nothing but lie to use time and time again.
slimehole

Edmonton, Canada

#19 Jun 20, 2009
What is the offer -5% 0 1.5% 1.5% reduction in penshion
1 4 UToo

Tunkhannock, PA

#20 Jun 20, 2009
atglen wrote:
<quoted text> figures that a union rep. would vote yes, most off them in atglen are only out for themselves. hell most of them spend most of there time under the desk of management.
Not a fair comment for our good union representitives. That are trying to get something for the men at Atglen.
atglen

Allen Park, MI

#21 Jun 20, 2009
they are tring nothing but to make sure they get there 53 dollars a month. ask any person at atglen,(thats not a union rep) and they will agree that our union does nothing for us!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May 12 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Dec '16 down and out 110
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
More from around the web