Billy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#41 May 25, 2011
Dean Wimer is Vice President of Retail Operations for North America. He's based in Nashville.
Leonard Jefferson

Jackson, TN

#42 May 29, 2011
Billy wrote:
Dean Wimer is Vice President of Retail Operations for North America. He's based in Nashville.
That's true, but he is still a twit and knows nothing about printing. The only way he could have gotten this far is by kissing someones a$$ in Montreal, because it sure wasn't because of his superior intelect. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Merlin

Reno, NV

#43 Jun 2, 2011
Tim Sands and Joe Gitter was the visitors. I haven't heard much on how the visit went. Everybody is hush.

reno guy

United States

#44 Jun 2, 2011
They told us today we lost the sears contract, we will be done printing the last, in mid December. The sears work accounted for 20% of our workload. RR Donnely and Vertis got the work. Not looking too good come the first of the year!
the militant

United States

#45 Jun 2, 2011
reno guy wrote:
They told us today we lost the sears contract, we will be done printing the last, in mid December. The sears work accounted for 20% of our workload. RR Donnely and Vertis got the work. Not looking too good come the first of the year!
Good luck to you. St. Cloud and the Midland plants lost Penton Media contracts to Donnelly at the first of the year. Supposedly, that contributes to almost 10% of the workload for the year for those 2 plants. So you aren't the only ones that are going to be feeling it next year. Doesn't look to good for the home team no matter where you are at.
NVworker

Warrenville, IL

#46 Jun 3, 2011
I heard Fernley is also losing Walgreens to RRD
Old Fishman

Franklin, TN

#47 Jun 3, 2011
Heard today that Sears is pulling out a lot of work after the 1st of the year. This could put a hurt on some gravure plants.
QuadNV

Reno, NV

#48 Jun 5, 2011
reno guy wrote:
Not good. Be prepared for more downsizing. Too many people not enough work. Better prepare for the worst. Good Luck.
losing battle

Carson City, NV

#49 Jun 13, 2011
I'm sorry but it looks like no hope with the WorldColor plants. All the work is going out the door to RRD or to Quad Legacy plants. I feel bad for the people who sold there souls in belief of the almighty Quad!!!! Good luck to all its gonna be a bumpy ride for most!
bind

Merced, CA

#50 Jun 13, 2011
Do you think RRDONELY has bid off''more than they can print?''just watch next year, they will ask our plants to help them print thier jobs so they can look good for the CUSTORMERS....THEY BUY ALL THE bids then have all the other printing companies go under!!dont worry , rrd will not make there PRINTING AND DESPATCH TIMES AND BE LATE EVERY TIME''. SO DONT HELP THE OVER RRD IN MAKING THEM LOOK GOOD!!
the militant

United States

#51 Jun 13, 2011
bind wrote:
Do you think RRDONELY has bid off''more than they can print?''just watch next year, they will ask our plants to help them print thier jobs so they can look good for the CUSTORMERS....THEY BUY ALL THE bids then have all the other printing companies go under!!dont worry , rrd will not make there PRINTING AND DESPATCH TIMES AND BE LATE EVERY TIME''. SO DONT HELP THE OVER RRD IN MAKING THEM LOOK GOOD!!
Huh??? It doesn't matter what gets printed or who you are printing for in your plant. You still are representing your plant and your company. Besides, if you are printing someones work then you must also have too much open time yourselves and that is one way to keep you employed for that duration. Makes no sense at all.
bind

Merced, CA

#52 Jun 14, 2011
the militant wrote:
<quoted text>Huh??? It doesn't matter what gets printed or who you are printing for in your plant. You still are representing your plant and your company. Besides, if you are printing someones work then you must also have too much open time yourselves and that is one way to keep you employed for that duration. Makes no sense at all.
THIS GUY MUST BE A rrdonely fannnnnnnnnnnnn.putting people out of work because of lost jobs and !! poorrrrrrrrrrr Managmant !.give me a break'' you must be on a Salery postion.Your not thinking as a worker that works on the flooe ,only in your A C COOL office.Working for your company is what you get paid for not to stand up for rr donely.save the contracts and ''work for the long ''RUN''......
the militant

Humansville, MO

#53 Jun 16, 2011
bind wrote:
<quoted text>THIS GUY MUST BE A rrdonely fannnnnnnnnnnnn.putting people out of work because of lost jobs and !! poorrrrrrrrrrr Managmant !.give me a break'' you must be on a Salery postion.Your not thinking as a worker that works on the flooe ,only in your A C COOL office.Working for your company is what you get paid for not to stand up for rr donely.save the contracts and ''work for the long ''RUN''......
Apparently you must be upset that someone doesn't think like you. I have been working the pressroom on the floor for over 22 years so that shows what you know about me. Bindery?? Oh boy. Alot closer to having the enviroment of an office than the pressroom has. You talk about lost jobs?? I lost the one I had as a 2nd pressman at the time due to technology. Thanks to GMI and closed loop ribbon controls my job was eliminated. But that is is the way it goes. Now I run rolls. I work for myself. Not the company. I represent myself to the company and the company to the customers in the product I put out, thats all. The company pays me hourly, not salary. If RR needs to farm out work and it comes into my plant, so what??? We must have open time to do it. Doesn't matter to me if RR or anyone else is paying Quad to run it or Quad has the work itself. I print. I get paid. Either way I make money. SO, the next time you want to try to bash me, you need to think a little bit more before you come to any conclusions. Please, next time, try to use a little intellect. Sorry for not thinking like a floor worker. Didn't know there was a certain mindset or possiblle lack of education that is required. Hope you have a good day. Take care
bind

Merced, CA

#54 Jun 17, 2011
23 yrs working in the printing bussiness,some people have it made ,more than others''.rr donely is a big company,but so are we, if we dont lose any more contracts! There is alot of salray people out there,hrly poeple dont really make enough money, but we know that already.Do the best and get outbid?.no we need to revise our stratagy and hold on our our bussiness(contracts).more for the future of our employees.rrdonely has bitten more than they cant print!. take care to all
omg

Tonawanda, NY

#55 Jun 18, 2011
bind wrote:
23 yrs working in the printing bussiness,some people have it made ,more than others''.rr donely is a big company,but so are we, if we dont lose any more contracts! There is alot of salray people out there,hrly poeple dont really make enough money, but we know that already.Do the best and get outbid?.no we need to revise our stratagy and hold on our our bussiness(contracts).more for the future of our employees.rrdonely has bitten more than they cant print!. take care to all
rrdonely - ok i will go with that spelling - bitten off more than can chew - check Quad - they are so done !!!!!
the militant

Briggsville, AR

#56 Jun 19, 2011
bind wrote:
Revise our strategy??? The only strategy you may need to worry about is an exit strategy if they close your plant's doors. Go to work, put out a quality product to your best capabilites with the equipment you have to produce it. Then you are doing your part. The loss of contracts, customers, etc is other peoples problems. That is why we have a sales department and other management. Take care
bind

Merced, CA

#57 Jun 19, 2011
the militant wrote:
<quoted text>Revise our strategy??? The only strategy you may need to worry about is an exit strategy if they close your plant's doors. Go to work, put out a quality product to your best capabilites with the equipment you have to produce it. Then you are doing your part. The loss of contracts, customers, etc is other peoples problems. That is why we have a sales department and other management. Take care
I think sales needs to rethink how they get the contracts and get paid......Managment needs to look at each other in differnt plants and decuss in thier Managment emails,plus have retreats( round table) meetings in each plant.cutting cost is one thing?but making the right moves and keeping the right personel.,not your close golf buddy.boycott RRdonley....keep the contracts. take care
QuadNV

Reno, NV

#59 Aug 28, 2011
Any news on what will happen to Dickson.
The Union won. They fired several managers already.

I heard some of your supervisors are taking some hours from operators to run presses during the 4th quarter.

If the Union was there that would never happen.

Any activites going on? Is Jenny trying to organize this fall?

Since: Aug 10

Sparks, NV

#60 Aug 30, 2011
QuadNV wrote:
Any news on what will happen to Dickson.
The Union won. They fired several managers already.
I heard some of your supervisors are taking some hours from operators to run presses during the 4th quarter.
If the Union was there that would never happen.
Any activites going on? Is Jenny trying to organize this fall?
Dickson still has two years left on its contract, so they will be fine. And they won't get effed over on their health insurance like Fernley will come the first of the year (just wait and see in November).

Lots of things wouldn't have happened in Fernley with the Union there, including some good workers being let go.

Organize? What's to organize, seems to me almost everyone who was willing to stand up for something no longer work there, and those that still do won't be for long, the supervisors and Ernie will see to that.
QuadNV

Reno, NV

#61 Aug 30, 2011
I like it when people say they are fine.

Thats what they all said about other plants that closed. We are fine!

Union contracts don't mean anything if you don't have work.

I'm giving Dickson at the start of the year and they will be not as busy as they are suppose to be.

In other words.

They will be closing by the end of next year if not sooner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott QuadGraphics Printing (Apr '12) Apr 26 Ron 43
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Mar '15 312alone 47
whos closing next (Jan '13) Mar '15 gman 65
problema de quimicos Feb '15 julio 1
Pension Disbursement (Nov '09) Jan '15 tim 99
Nepalís Khumbu region is in Lonely Planetís ď20... Jan '15 Trekking Mart 1
quadgraphics closing more plants (Dec '11) Dec '14 batman 58
More from around the web