Vertis
CurrentEmployee

Sussex, WI

#42 Jan 18, 2013
Blackbelt is correct. Versailles is expanding because of equipment moved from Dubuque to Versailles and now Dubuque is closing. Nothing to do with Vertis.
CMGR

Hickory, NC

#43 Jan 18, 2013
Blackbelt wrote:
You're clueless. Versailles is expanding because a plant in Iowa is closing. Has nothing to do with Vertis.
<quoted text>
So I am clueless?

Fact: versailles is expanding

Fact: charlotte is closing

Just the facts son.
Xvertisemp

Royersford, PA

#44 Jan 18, 2013
North brunswick is running quad work then closing in 30 to 60 days
Verssaills printer

Georgetown, KY

#45 Jan 18, 2013
I have worked in Versailles for over 35 yrs.We do not print inserts. We print hard and soft back books and some maps.,
CMGR

Sherrills Ford, NC

#46 Jan 20, 2013
Verssaills printer wrote:
I have worked in Versailles for over 35 yrs.We do not print inserts. We print hard and soft back books and some maps.,
Yes your right, my mistake. Winchester is your close insert printer to Charlotte.

Good to hear you people in Versailles are at least growing instead of closing
scrwquad

Waseca, MN

#47 Jan 20, 2013
not forlong if gary armstrong is still there
Lurking at work

Frankfort, KY

#48 Jan 20, 2013
Gary is been gone since right after Thanksgiving. Versailles is run by Jerry which is old Quad.
The Ghost of Buck

Fort Erie, Canada

#49 Jan 20, 2013
I hope the Quad execs that are organizing the removal of all the equipment out of the Stevensville facility get a parasite that eats them from the inside out.
gone and loving it

Dallas, TX

#50 Jan 22, 2013
stevensville losser wrote:
well its come to an end quad is comming to take everything out of stevensville
Sorry to hear about your closing. What I've read in the reports about the buyout is that your plant was NOT included, they had NO interest in it. Now you say that they (quad bullies) are taking everything out!!!!! Interesting, would that not be considered theft?
Vertis workers son

Toronto, Canada

#51 Jan 22, 2013
Heres what happened to my dad.
He has worked at the Stevensville plant for around 25 years and when they sold it, they took his and the other workers retirement/pension and left them with $100,000 to split with everyone when they should of had $50 million.
They cant just take everything he has worked for or so long!
Oh, and they dont want the plant itself, they are instead going to melt everything inside.
Is Quad being a prick?
Yes they are.
There is going to be a picketing at the plant on friday.
BE THERE!
seen it all cdn

Sussex, WI

#52 Jan 22, 2013
how this it that quad is in the plant quad has "no interst" in stevenville. if in fact it is quad in your plant the union would be loving it because it would prove this hole bankruptice was a scam and quad is calling the shots .therefore quad is responsably for yuor severance and retraining under free trade agreements
Mr Pickels

Atwater, CA

#54 Jan 24, 2013
I have a strong feeling sacramento is going next .
quad merced is putting in 2 more stitchers "making 18 total" next months tearing out 2 old perfect binders and putting in a 56 pocket seletive perfect binder .
and adding 1 more retail press and 2 more manrolan presses . making i think 15 presses total i think i used ot work in bindery . west sac you might be in trouble .
Pressing

Toronto, Canada

#55 Jan 24, 2013
Were the presses outdated in stevensville? Had vertis made any investments or let it fail?
old equipment

Nepean, Canada

#56 Jan 25, 2013
scrap old toshibas,quad could not keep the plant even if it wanted to,as per the agreement with Transcon
Mystify

Sarasota, FL

#57 Jan 26, 2013
Vertis / quad are all scumbags! Good riddance to all of them and I can't wait until they are all shut down...print is dead!
Ex Vertis guy

Portland, OR

#58 Jan 27, 2013
What's happening to the Portland plant?
us against them

Sussex, WI

#59 Jan 27, 2013
may bet is on something like this portland /vancouver / pittsburg / sacramento all get a bunch of people who get layoff notices they move some work around to riverside / merced/ then come to each plant with they're greedy little hands open to see who will give up the most

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#60 Jan 28, 2013
gone and loving it wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your closing. What I've read in the reports about the buyout is that your plant was NOT included, they had NO interest in it. Now you say that they (quad bullies) are taking everything out!!!!! Interesting, would that not be considered theft?
IOW, stevensville loser hasn't an effin' clue...like 99.9 pct of the bitchy little girls on here that have an axe to grind and just can't quite move on...
Mr Pickels

Atwater, CA

#61 Jan 30, 2013
Ex Vertis guy wrote:
What's happening to the Portland plant?
there is a good chance portland and sacramaneto is going to merced plant . they are adding tons of new machines next month and adding 2-3 new presses .
yee ha111

Tuttle, OK

#62 Jan 31, 2013
The Ghost of Buck wrote:
I hope the Quad execs that are organizing the removal of all the equipment out of the Stevensville facility get a parasite that eats them from the inside out.
This week, Quad/GraphicsÂ’(NYSE:QUAD) ratings are up from a B last week to an A. Quad/Graphics is a commercial printing company with image centers and photography studios nationwide and plants across the country. For more information, get Portfolio GraderÂ’s complete analysis of QUAD stock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Jun 21 312 alone 52
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) Jun 1 Herbert 53
Kingsport Press (Mar '10) May '16 Lobodwolf 6
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Apr '16 312 alone 147
401k (Sep '15) Nov '15 maxarth 2
Who's left in Augusta (May '13) Nov '15 worker b 6
Boycott QuadGraphics Printing (Apr '12) Nov '15 worker b 48
More from around the web