Vertis
OKAY

Houston, TX

#22 Oct 20, 2012
Former Koolaide drinker wrote:
ALL VERTIS EMPOLYEES. The Devil is coming to take you over. These people are so stupid that after the Wold Color Buy out they spent over 1 million dollars to convert Jonesboro to the Quad system called "Smart Tools" Which actually is Junk and then after 9 months they decide to close them. They will give Micro-management and Comunism a whole new meaning. Joel is a big liar. Oh for those of you in Vertis Logistics, Good luck. You will be dealing with strict a-holes from Quad Transportation Services in Sussex and Major A-holes from Bolingbrook, IL from the Former World Color Logistics. You will make more money being homeless and have less stress.
Have a little Koolaide with your alcohol. Time for you to move on bud!
Keep buying work

Oshawa, Canada

#23 Oct 30, 2012
Does good old Quad tell employees how they have lost over 50 worldcolor/quebecorworld clients/jobs.
Vertis was bought to keep the presses rolling in the big cheese state.Another year or two there will be no one else big enough to buy to keep the presses running.This story does have a happy ending.
The end of Quad.
stevensviile canada

Fort Erie, Canada

#24 Nov 19, 2012
Rumor has it that the stevensville plant in canada will be closing unless we get a buyer.
The Ghost Of Buck

Fort Erie, Canada

#25 Dec 6, 2012
stevensviile canada wrote:
Rumor has it that the stevensville plant in canada will be closing unless we get a buyer.
Shabubba - Everyone @ the Stevensville facility is doomed!
seen it all cdn

Sussex, WI

#26 Dec 6, 2012
what accounts are being printed at stevensville and where do you think they will be moved to. if i were in that plant i,d be talking to someone about free-trade agreements and the deal quad /transcon and federal gov't asshol-- put together did no-one else see this coming
oops

Sussex, WI

#27 Dec 6, 2012
hit send twice
The Ghost Of Buck

Fort Erie, Canada

#28 Dec 20, 2012
Bindery workers in Stevensville were sent packing this week. Rumoured in their letters - here's what you are entitled to as far as vacation pay and severence for your years of dedicated service. However, since we've filed bankruptcy, here's a 800# for you to call and get in line with all the other creditors we owe.

Good luck with that and don't let the door hit ya' where the dear Lord split'cha!

I hope corporate management can sleep at night after taking all of their fat bonus'. What a bunch of theifs!
you better belive

United States

#29 Dec 23, 2012
wow
stevensville losser

Niagara Falls, Canada

#30 Jan 14, 2013
well its come to an end quad is comming to take everything out of stevensville
Lurking at work

Frankfort, KY

#31 Jan 14, 2013
Really wish something was in our control. So sorry to hear another plant is closing. I can say everyone that ever was let go in Versailles always looked better than when they were at work.
seen it all cdn

Sussex, WI

#32 Jan 14, 2013
quad give you your walking papers today so that they can announce tommorow or the next day that the deal has gone through and they will not be legally accountable to the employees of seveniville for severance.penison.holiday. and maybe even your last weeks of pay scum
likes to be informed

Pleasantville, NJ

#33 Jan 14, 2013
stevensville losser wrote:
well its come to an end quad is comming to take everything out of stevensville
Quad is going to close a Vertis plant they just bought. How long after the notice of closure does it actually take before the last of the employees are out?
stevensville losser

Niagara Falls, Canada

#34 Jan 14, 2013
they didnt want stevensville plant in the takeover
CMGR

Sherrills Ford, NC

#35 Jan 15, 2013
likes to be informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Quad is going to close a Vertis plant they just bought. How long after the notice of closure does it actually take before the last of the employees are out?
This depends on the current state laws. I have been through 2 plant closures. The first one there was no notice there were only padlocks on the door on Monday morning.
The second one was a couple years ago. On Wednesday the plant was called to a meeting telling everyone that Friday was our last day.

Good luck
The Ghost Of Buck

Fort Erie, Canada

#36 Jan 15, 2013
Shabubba - nice if them "Quad Folk" to walk around the plant and wait for the loyal Stevensville workers to finish the job on press.
Mr Pickels

Atwater, CA

#37 Jan 16, 2013
im sure quad has no plans on keeping most of the vertis plants open . vertis has 3 plants in california . quad in merced is gonna expand adding 2-3 more presses and a new mailing machine with 2-3 more older mailing on the way . im sure the 1-2 plants of vertis in califorina is will close . im sure Sacramento will since we are only 2 hours away . we will have to wait in see . quad dont care about anyone unless you are a original quad plant . if your not then your just there red headed step child and they will treat you as such . you will see what i mean soon .
lappson

Saint Catharines, Canada

#38 Jan 16, 2013
well Stevensville done today....they couldn't wait to get'em out of there & didn't even have the balls to tell us themselves...
CMGR

United States

#39 Jan 17, 2013
Vertis plant in Charlotte is closing
Ex Player

United States

#40 Jan 17, 2013
4 plants shut down Wed: Stevensville Can., Medina Ohio, Dallas Tx and a plant in New Jersey.
Blackbelt

Sussex, WI

#41 Jan 18, 2013
You're clueless. Versailles is expanding because a plant in Iowa is closing. Has nothing to do with Vertis.
That was close wrote:
Yesterday I was called and offered a job at Vertis and accepted the job over the phone. An hour later I found out about the sale to Quad. I will not take the job now. I am glad that I didnt put in my notice yet. Boy that was close. Isnt it a coincidence that Versailles Kentucky is expanding their operations and hiring 75 more people in the months to come. WHy do you think that is???? Well Versailles is an insert plant, what does that tell you. My prediction is that Charlotte will be closed down soon and Versailles will absorb the work from that plant.I think I will stay right where I am. FU Quad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Mar '18 Atglen forever 53
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Mar '18 Richmond Hill Guys 113
Who's left in Augusta (May '13) Jan '18 rick newman 7
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1