Vertis
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Prints

Memphis, TN

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Man, a whole bunch of those facilities will be closing soon, right?
Gone and SO much happier

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Warning to all of you who work for Vertis. Get your finances in order quick. Quad is a$$holes to work for. You will not like it, not that it will matter much. Even if you buy into the whole do it for the company spill, they will close you as soon as they can move your work to one of their flagship plants.
That was close

Buford, GA

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Yesterday I was called and offered a job at Vertis and accepted the job over the phone. An hour later I found out about the sale to Quad. I will not take the job now. I am glad that I didnt put in my notice yet. Boy that was close. Isnt it a coincidence that Versailles Kentucky is expanding their operations and hiring 75 more people in the months to come. WHy do you think that is???? Well Versailles is an insert plant, what does that tell you. My prediction is that Charlotte will be closed down soon and Versailles will absorb the work from that plant.I think I will stay right where I am. FU Quad.
That was close

Buford, GA

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Prints wrote:
Man, a whole bunch of those facilities will be closing soon, right?
Yes Vertis has been in trouble for years. They will close alot of Vertis plants. This is what Quad does. They buy your company for the accounts not the people or buildings. Bye bye Vertis.
OKAY

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 11, 2012
HUH, howz come St Cloud, Midland, etc are still open?
VikingsFan

Salem, WI

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Thats because they actually make MONEY. If your plant is poorly managed, used to pointing fingers instead of working on improvements... Then you get closed.

Since: Jan 09

goobertown,ar.

#8 Oct 11, 2012
The truth is that they come in like a swarm of locusts leaving nothing but destruction behind. They consume what they want and destroy the rest. Our plant was managed well and made money for 40 years. The first year we lost money was the first year that QUAD took over with their "better" ideas. I want to wish the best of luck to the Vertis employees. Prepare for a new career. Even if your job isn't affected, be prepared. They only want your work. Do not believe the promises and the hype about how things are gonna get better. Don't take my words as truth. Do some research on your own and you can verify everything. Once again, GOOD LUCK to those soon to be unemployed.
Exquad

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Oct 12, 2012
VikingsFan wrote:
Thats because they actually make MONEY. If your plant is poorly managed, used to pointing fingers instead of working on improvements... Then you get closed.
Not true -- We were a $10 million a year profit plant and were shut down in the first round of closings when Quad bought WC. Profitability has nothing to do with it. Its all about the work - keeping the Quad legacy plants busy, and removing excess capacity. The fact that nearly all the plants closed are non Quad Legacy plants is a "coincedince".
Prints

Memphis, TN

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Quad is about to get their credit rating downgraded as a result of this acquisition. I don't think they care...the only way they can grow the business is to buy it....sales folks don't really count anymore...
CMGR

Maiden, NC

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Prints wrote:
Quad is about to get their credit rating downgraded as a result of this acquisition. I don't think they care...the only way they can grow the business is to buy it....sales folks don't really count anymore...
Thank you
vertis canada

Oshawa, Canada

#12 Oct 12, 2012
Quad sold worldcolor Canada to transcon.As part of the deal they are not aloud to compete in Canada against transcon.Quad is now competing as the vertis plant in smithville is now quad.They took Sears,lowes etc This will be interesting.The quad plant in B.C canada does work for North west U.S.

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Oct 13, 2012
oneyedwoodie wrote:
The truth is that they come in like a swarm of locusts leaving nothing but destruction behind. They consume what they want and destroy the rest. Our plant was managed well and made money for 40 years. The first year we lost money was the first year that QUAD took over with their "better" ideas. I want to wish the best of luck to the Vertis employees. Prepare for a new career. Even if your job isn't affected, be prepared. They only want your work. Do not believe the promises and the hype about how things are gonna get better. Don't take my words as truth. Do some research on your own and you can verify everything. Once again, GOOD LUCK to those soon to be unemployed.
jimmy brown is that u? Why dont u go away! U caused enough problems in jboro. Thanks to you and the teamsters we lost our jobs. U are a moron!
former printer

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Oct 13, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>jimmy brown is that u? Why dont u go away! U caused enough problems in jboro. Thanks to you and the teamsters we lost our jobs. U are a moron!
If you think for 1 second that Quad was going to keep Jonesboro open, you need to have your head checked. Quad bought us for our work only. They took our work to keep their mega plants busy. Plain and simply put for you to be able to understand it, Quad closed us down.

The closing of the plant was a sad thing for many people. Speaking for myself, I am soooooo much happier. I actually have a life again. I forgot just how much I gave up missing all the special events in my families lives.

United States

#15 Oct 14, 2012
Well said. I forgot was it was like to be able to make plans more than a day ahead of time and not feel imprisoned.

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Oct 15, 2012
former printer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think for 1 second that Quad was going to keep Jonesboro open, you need to have your head checked. Quad bought us for our work only. They took our work to keep their mega plants busy. Plain and simply put for you to be able to understand it, Quad closed us down.
The closing of the plant was a sad thing for many people. Speaking for myself, I am soooooo much happier. I actually have a life again. I forgot just how much I gave up missing all the special events in my families lives.
didin say they was goin to leave jboro open. But am saying union sped up the process.
alice

Allentown, PA

#17 Oct 15, 2012
we have reason to believe same thing will happen in Hazleton very soon. Bad management, etc.
R and R

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#18 Oct 15, 2012
vertis canada wrote:
Quad sold worldcolor Canada to transcon.As part of the deal they are not aloud to compete in Canada against transcon.Quad is now competing as the vertis plant in smithville is now quad.They took Sears,lowes etc This will be interesting.The quad plant in B.C canada does work for North west U.S.
Quad can print Canadian work provided that the print decisions for the Canadian work is made in the U.S. The work that the Quad Canada shop prints is work that the Vertis shop in Portland used to print. What do you think will happen to the west coast facility?
Former Vertis Employee

Lockport, NY

#19 Oct 18, 2012
They will do the same thing that Vertis did when they bought American Color, Make big statements about how "it is a good thing", get all the workers to work harder and give up pay and benifits and then move work and shut down all the Plants they bought. The Printing Industry is dead!
CMGR

Blacksburg, SC

#20 Oct 19, 2012
3 Vertis plants will remain open. Portland, Kansas City, and Tampa. They rest will close.
Former Koolaide drinker

La Puente, CA

#21 Oct 19, 2012
ALL VERTIS EMPOLYEES. The Devil is coming to take you over. These people are so stupid that after the Wold Color Buy out they spent over 1 million dollars to convert Jonesboro to the Quad system called "Smart Tools" Which actually is Junk and then after 9 months they decide to close them. They will give Micro-management and Comunism a whole new meaning. Joel is a big liar. Oh for those of you in Vertis Logistics, Good luck. You will be dealing with strict a-holes from Quad Transportation Services in Sussex and Major A-holes from Bolingbrook, IL from the Former World Color Logistics. You will make more money being homeless and have less stress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pension (Feb '11) Aug 5 Tammy henson 13
About the pension Aug 5 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
How's it going in Atglen (Jun '12) Jun '16 312 alone 52
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) Jun '16 Herbert 53
Kingsport Press (Mar '10) May '16 Lobodwolf 6
More from around the web