missing sections
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Well Well Well Mr Joel the mole cant even print a few harlequin books. Read these post from amazon forum even the author is pissed

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance...

So ya know

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 20, 2012
OUTSTANDING! Maybe the light will be finally shed on the blue menace from the cheeseland. quad is SOOOO much better lmao!!!!
oh oh

Buffalo, NY

#3 Apr 20, 2012
So ya know wrote:
OUTSTANDING! Maybe the light will be finally shed on the blue menace from the cheeseland. quad is SOOOO much better lmao!!!!
yep after us doing Harlequin 40+ years they thought they could shut us down and do such a great job....what goes around comes around.. good for the little blue smurf
Tryin to be civil

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 21, 2012
With the margin problem the center pgs of a ss book should have been "shingled" of pulled in. In the case of sigs being bound twice into a book or even one from another book placed into the wrong book is sloppy. Obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#5 Apr 21, 2012
Buffalo Rules wrote:
Well Well Well Mr Joel the mole cant even print a few harlequin books. Read these post from amazon forum even the author is pissed
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance...
What's the point? NEVER made a mistake in your career? Plant NEVER made one?

Joel's "still" a millionaire and you are unempolyed...
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#6 Apr 21, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we did but not to this extent and we would catch it before the books went out never had to send all our books all over to get them done either. And joel may be a millionare but it this rate he wont be for long and thank you but I am employeed now and I am loving my new job and by the way im treated much better Im not in a nazi camp. Go stick your head back up Joels ass where it belongs you ass kisser

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Apr 21, 2012
Every plants make mistakes, but not like that. Someone should most definitely have caught the mistake before they were shipped out. Just sloppy and embarrassing.
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#8 Apr 22, 2012
guest wrote:
Every plants make mistakes, but not like that. Someone should most definitely have caught the mistake before they were shipped out. Just sloppy and embarrassing.
And that was my point

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 22, 2012
It's very pathetic. But for all that QG has done to the former WC folks I'd say karma is rearing it's ugly head.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#10 Apr 22, 2012
Buffalo Rules wrote:
<quoted text>Sure we did but not to this extent and we would catch it before the books went out never had to send all our books all over to get them done either. And joel may be a millionare but it this rate he wont be for long and thank you but I am employeed now and I am loving my new job and by the way im treated much better Im not in a nazi camp. Go stick your head back up Joels ass where it belongs you ass kisser
Congrats on your new job. Me? Not an "azz kisser"... would "Love" to find other employment, but no one (other than Walmart) wants to hire anyone over 55...

Joel will make it, they usually do... I'm just gonna ride it as long as we are able to...

Tell you a funny one, years ago we had a Customer call about a mistake. In the back where there were big classifieds (3 x 5) and in one spot it stated "Volkmuth, strip xxx ad here"...

Out the door to everyone including Customer...

Talk about embarassing...

Pretty minor compared to what happened here, albeit everytime we get a "new" Customer, it's usually hell for the first few printings...
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#11 Apr 22, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on your new job. Me? Not an "azz kisser"... would "Love" to find other employment, but no one (other than Walmart) wants to hire anyone over 55...
Joel will make it, they usually do... I'm just gonna ride it as long as we are able to...
Tell you a funny one, years ago we had a Customer call about a mistake. In the back where there were big classifieds (3 x 5) and in one spot it stated "Volkmuth, strip xxx ad here"...
Pretty minor compared to what happened here, albeit everytime we get a "new" Customer, it's usually hell for the first few printings...
Well Im 55 and actually found a very good job not flipping burgers or walmart but went to a class and got just a certificate got training and now working. I say Good luck to a WC former employees and I too rode it out to the end. May not look to good for now but believe me it gets better. NOt to mention quite a few of my former work buddies also go jobs and also not flipping burgers or walmart. So hang in there and keep your eyes open you gotta look its not gonna come knocking at your door.

Since: Jan 09

goobertown,ar.

#12 Apr 22, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not an "azz kisser" but definately an ASS. Only a true ass would throw up in someones face the loss of their job due to no fault of their own. Enjoy your job while it lasts. I only hope that people are more sympathetic towards you when you are out of work due to the communist mentality of the BLUE SCOURGE.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#13 Apr 23, 2012
oneyedwoodie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not an "azz kisser" but definately an ASS. Only a true ass would throw up in someones face the loss of their job due to no fault of their own. Enjoy your job while it lasts. I only hope that people are more sympathetic towards you when you are out of work due to the communist mentality of the BLUE SCOURGE.
Did you read my reply to him? enough said...
printer

Inwood, WV

#14 Apr 28, 2012
All the bad work. Come off the 125 that busted ass shm press
that came from buff.and quad changed our ink. But now were. Back to flint cold set and the old etch so no more scum quad is fiinaly reallizeing they got to stop changing stuff
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#15 Apr 28, 2012
printer wrote:
that came from buff.and quad changed our ink. But now were. Back to flint cold set and the old etch so no more scum quad is fiinaly reallizeing they got to stop changing stuff
well they wanted that piece of shit and they only took half of it to boot again Joel is a fool....
Buffalo Rules

Buffalo, NY

#16 Apr 28, 2012
Quad/Graphics (QUAD) Private-equity firm Catalyst Capital disclosed a new stake, and said "due to severe, ongoing mismanagement…Quad/Graphics' stock is substantially undervalued." Catalyst will continue to urge Quad to "communicate better with analysts and investors, in order to rebuild credibility with 'the Street' and avoid its stock becoming an 'orphan.' "
Among other recommendations. Catalyst is asking the company to "better leverage its financial resources to maximize shareholder value," advising Quad not to make any new acquisitions and to increase its share-buyback and dividend programs, adding that Quad has so far ignored this advice. It also said that Quad/Graphics' recent dividend raise was insufficient.
The private-equity firm also disclosed that it owns 2,664,874 shares (8.1%).
Super Dave

Buffalo, NY

#17 May 3, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
In Buffalo we had "vision systems" installed on all the binders. They would catch all the mistakes including mixed titles. The systems worked VERY well. Parts and boards etc. for these systems no longer available. Quad tech tried to get us to help "reverse engineer" a system in Buffalo. IT NEVER WORKED RIGHT!!!! They gave up. The computer and touch screen was still there the day we all walked out the door. It appears that it still does not work. THIS WAS ALWAYS VERY IMPORTANT TO HARLEQUIN.

Underestimating what we did in Buffalo was a HUGE mistake!

Your going down Quad.

Long live Arcata Graphics!

Location hidden

#18 May 8, 2012
printer wrote:

Really, I hope they let us go back to flint ink (heat set).Fighting that junk they call ink every day is just unreal.
WildZombie

Buffalo, NY

#19 May 10, 2012
Hey print zombie I am the original zombie!
Wild Zombie! I can't fly on a plane, I have too much metal in my body!

I sniffed and drank blanket wash when it had MEK!

Now I am the chemical zombie! stuff sold in Califonia has my picture on the MSDS label.

see ya

Location hidden

#20 May 11, 2012
WildZombie wrote:
Hey print zombie I am the original zombie!
Wild Zombie! I can't fly on a plane, I have too much metal in my body!
I sniffed and drank blanket wash when it had MEK!
Now I am the chemical zombie! stuff sold in Califonia has my picture on the MSDS label.
see ya
So you're hardcore huh,not bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Aug '17 Johnson 112
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
News North Haven plant closing doors and costing hun... (May '08) Jul '16 popeye 116
More from around the web