whats happened in franklin is sad

whats happened in franklin is sad

Posted in the Worldcolor Forum

glad im gone

Portland, TN

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Not that it is any sadder in franklin than any other city/plant that Quad has dismantled, but it is my city nonetheless.I understand its business, i understand that print is dying so spare me the lectures on capitalism, because that is part of what makes our country great. Not only that, but also our constitution which protects our freedom of speech which i choose to exercise with this post. Franklin was a good place to work - about 3 years ago there were over 600 employees who worked hard to feed their families. With the recent announcements / once they are completed there will be less than 200 left. Quad is an ugly machine - I have messages directed in 3 areas. First of all, to every individual who used this forum and others to try and paint Quad as such a wonderful family oriented, people first, caring company - A COMPANY WITH A SOUL - what a joke - to you I say shut your lying mouths - take your blue uniforms, your crummy rules / policies, your ten cent parties, your 6S, your war rooms, your teleprescence, your stupid shifts, your Quad olympics, your Quad fortress, basically just take "all things blue" and find a place on your back side to put them - Secondly, to those of you who are left, rest assured that their a wonderful life outside the walls of that prison of a workplace - just knowing that you don't have to get up and go in that cesspool gives peace in itself. Do yourself a favor and get your house in order - sacrifice if you must and get out of that dump - do not fool yourself - they will button up the place, as soon as they can - you will wind up on Chestnut street - do yourself a favor and get real and make preperations to do something else with your life - its not so bad. And finally, to the individual who I was relegated to call "boss" for many years. You are the lowest - You spent a career running off many good workers - never bothering to worry with anyone but yourself - you are absolutely the most self centered, selfish, person I have ever met - I watched you and your coworker drag up some dirt on an old boss to get him fired so that you could ease your way in to what would be a 20 plus year career of setting on your backside planning your next international vacation while those working for you kept things running with nothing to work with. It was most amusing, even laughable, to learn about the "fit" you threw to finally get those precious gold letters strapped on your chest. I guess everybody needs to feel important in some way. It is however, hard to reconcile how anyone could step on so many people for personal gain. In the end, everyone has to be able to live with theirselves - good luck with that. In closing, to my friends at Quad Franklin - I do miss the comradarie and I do wish you well - ride out the sinking ship if you must and know that again - there is life apart from Quad - and it's pretty good - better than you can know until you get out. Their is freedom in telling the truth - and yes, sometimes the truth does hurt - I have told the truth, from my perspective, of course - God speed and to Quad - the quicker you get outta my hometown - the better my hometown will become - Have a great week!

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 5, 2012
A very realistic post. You could change the name of Franklin and put Jonesboro in its place. I think our plant is in serious trouble. Our plant had a layoff of full time workers in late Dec / early Jan. Now we do not have enough workers to run all the equipment every day. We shut equipment down every day. Equipment that could/should be running. It is sad to see a great plant fall down to the level where we are at now. Nothing is ever good enough with Quad. Run more faster with less people and less waste. Sometimes there is nothing left to do with out. We never have supplies, parts, etc...

Management is either not listing to what the workers are saying. Or they have already made the decisions to totally ignore what worked for us in the past. Either way we are in trouble. The workers in the plant made the plant what it was. It was a great place to work for a long time, even when it was all the other names. Kruegar, Ringer America, World Color (2 words), Quebecor World (yes even Quebecor was better than Quad) and WorldColor (1 word) All the other plant name's was better to work for than Quad is right now.
the boogie man

Hillview, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2012
glad im gone i just want to tell you that was well said and to everybody in jonesboro i wish you all the best of luck keep your heads up and god be with you all.
So ya know

Portland, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2012
Something else that is sad, they have a meeting telling us that the bindery is closing and we'll get a letter in the mail in a couple of weeks saying when our last day will be. Can these little brainwashed blue bastards have an ounce worth of balls and just tell us face to face when we will be let go? I'll say this, your stand up company that always does the right thing and is such a wonderful place for its employees hasn't showed me sh!t
B liv Skip W

New Albany, IN

#5 Feb 5, 2012
I hope I never buy another magazine again, top of my list also a Sunday paper which includes all those circulars for all the retail people Quad prints for. Going to read my stuff on line any longer well I have been for awhile.
quad sux

Stillwater, OK

#6 Feb 6, 2012
Everybody in Stillwater would like to tell you guys, welcome to our world. This whole "quad family" "company with a soul" is just one big ole crock of ****. Except for the handful of people that will transfer and assimilate into the quad legacy plants, the worldcolor plants and employees will always be red headed step children up until the day they close your doors.
Hate it when that happens

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Feb 6, 2012
Amen!! Life after Quad is awsome, take the opportunity to explore a career that is rewarding. I worked at the Lebanon, Ohio plant for nearly 20 years. Dealt with several buy outs. Stuck with QW through the bancruptsy and bought all the lies. News of the Quad buyout was received with great joy. We heard how this was a great company and maybe we would shine again with something to work with. Then we got sucker punched when the first round of plant closings were announced. We were a high profit plant, we figured with some upgrades we could really do well(much like what everyone thinks) What the hell am I going to do? I have a house and a family....DAMN. We were mad and felt betrayed. QW corporate sold us up a river and even our useless GM bailed when given a chance to transfer. That was over a year ago, now I'm going to school(at 50!). Every morning I celebrate that I no longer go into that pressure cooker - hell hole working for people whotook advantage of me, worked us like dogs,(65-75 hrs a week at times) and collected bonuses off my back and gave nothing in return. It may seem scary at first but trust me, life after QW/Quad is good! Find a way! Get out! Even if you love printing you WILL get caught up in the mess so plan ahead. DO IT!!
ITS OVER

Dickson, TN

#8 Feb 6, 2012
guest wrote:
A very realistic post. You could change the name of Franklin and put Jonesboro in its place. I think our plant is in serious trouble. Our plant had a layoff of full time workers in late Dec / early Jan. Now we do not have enough workers to run all the equipment every day. We shut equipment down every day. Equipment that could/should be running. It is sad to see a great plant fall down to the level where we are at now. Nothing is ever good enough with Quad. Run more faster with less people and less waste. Sometimes there is nothing left to do with out. We never have supplies, parts, etc...
Management is either not listing to what the workers are saying. Or they have already made the decisions to totally ignore what worked for us in the past. Either way we are in trouble. The workers in the plant made the plant what it was. It was a great place to work for a long time, even when it was all the other names. Kruegar, Ringer America, World Color (2 words), Quebecor World (yes even Quebecor was better than Quad) and WorldColor (1 word) All the other plant name's was better to work for than Quad is right now.
You hit the nail on the head with this one.Old Joel is getting richer off the working peoples backs and laughing all the way to the bank. Heres to you my OLD JOEL! UP YOURS !!!!!!!!!!
JCP

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Feb 6, 2012
Hate it when that happens wrote:
Amen!! Life after Quad is awsome, take the opportunity to explore a career that is rewarding. I worked at the Lebanon, Ohio plant for nearly 20 years. Dealt with several buy outs. Stuck with QW through the bancruptsy and bought all the lies. News of the Quad buyout was received with great joy. We heard how this was a great company and maybe we would shine again with something to work with. Then we got sucker punched when the first round of plant closings were announced. We were a high profit plant, we figured with some upgrades we could really do well(much like what everyone thinks) What the hell am I going to do? I have a house and a family....DAMN. We were mad and felt betrayed. QW corporate sold us up a river and even our useless GM bailed when given a chance to transfer. That was over a year ago, now I'm going to school(at 50!). Every morning I celebrate that I no longer go into that pressure cooker - hell hole working for people whotook advantage of me, worked us like dogs,(65-75 hrs a week at times) and collected bonuses off my back and gave nothing in return. It may seem scary at first but trust me, life after QW/Quad is good! Find a way! Get out! Even if you love printing you WILL get caught up in the mess so plan ahead. DO IT!!
AMEN!
Anony mouse

United States

#11 Feb 7, 2012
Just do u know a few long time employees in martinsburg, wv (legacy quad plant) got laid off this week... So it doesn't matter who u r or where u work, if they can trim the fat, they r going too... One was a 14 yr vet and the other 8 yr and versatile in 3 different departments....
Furious

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2012
i understand that and feel for them im just tired of being lied to they could be honest anyway
Joel Sucks

Ambler, PA

#13 Feb 8, 2012
I have to agree with all that is said here, Joel came in with the big plan gonna make thinks better but who knew that bowtie wearing b****** was going for our throats like someone from the darkside of the force. The only thing Joel would be good at is he would be an excellent boss for Darth Vader. Rotten scum!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worldcolor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's left in Augusta (May '13) Jan '18 rick newman 7
Dumbest things done in your plant (Apr '10) Aug '17 Johnson 112
Merced closing after 32 years (Apr '12) May '17 34 Yr WCP Vet 54
News Quebecor World replaces its CEO (Dec '07) Jan '17 Rich Kite 17
pension (Feb '11) Aug '16 Tammy henson 13
About the pension (Aug '16) Aug '16 Tammy henson 1
Quebecor world printing in fernley,NV (Sep '09) Jul '16 betty_michaelsen 150
More from around the web