Deadline set in mystery jackpot case

Jan 24, 2012 Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette

Iowa Lottery officials warned Monday they will deny payment of a multimillion-dollar jackpot unless the New York attorney who turned in the winning ticket under mysterious circumstances gives them key details by Friday.

Full Story

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 24, 2012
Good for them! Too damn shady sounding. A person buys a ticket, not an unspecified trust fund. Considering the shady back ground of said lawyer I'm saluting the lottery officals. Too many old folks get cheated by ify lawyering.
Schoolmaster

Medford, NY

#2 Jan 24, 2012
I hope the money goes to the children.
Sic Pshycic Duh

Huntington, WV

#3 Jan 24, 2012
Seems like they need someone to cash in the winning ticket. Any takers?
'
Duh
Hillary

Salisbury, NC

#4 Jan 25, 2012
I will be the opposing voice today. I disagree with the lottery officials. The ticket has been proven to be legit. It makes no difference who is cashing it in or for whom. IMO the officials are just looking for a way to get out of paying.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 28, 2012
Hillary wrote:
I will be the opposing voice today. I disagree with the lottery officials. The ticket has been proven to be legit. It makes no difference who is cashing it in or for whom. IMO the officials are just looking for a way to get out of paying.
I agree the ticket has been presented and validated and there is video to confirm the legitimit/rightful winner. Being that this ticket was reported stolen 1/03/2011 but brought to their attantion on 12/30/2010 by me, although I had my time wrong but that's because I made atleast 8 other purchases for that specific draw.(12-25/2010) draw, that is only I forgot that I had made the multi draw purchase earlier in the day and that's why they won't show the video because they know that I will id the person on it. I am the reason for the extra scruitny on the shaw crew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Lottery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$16.5M Hot Lotto Prize Still Unclaimed in Iowa (Nov '11) Aug '14 Roy Veach 16
you people suck (Nov '13) Nov '13 bill liggett 1
Iowa Lottery Winner Must Explain Mystery (Jan '12) Aug '13 Playslip 4
James Q. Lynch and Rod Boshart / The Gazette wr... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lottolucas 4
Iowa Lottery to give away $$$ from jackpot mystery (Mar '12) Dec '12 hillbilly 5
Jackpot winners want the fortune, but not the fame (Jul '12) Dec '12 loseing hope 6
Mystery Winner: The owner of a Hot Lotto ticket... (Nov '11) Dec '12 Lotto Lucas 1633 4
More from around the web