Wantagh teen pleads guilty to role in...

Wantagh teen pleads guilty to role in hit and run

There are 38 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 19, 2008, titled Wantagh teen pleads guilty to role in hit and run. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Wantagh teen who urged her boyfriend to speed away after he ran down a University of Connecticut student pleaded guilty Friday to a reduced charge, according to a Connecticut prosecutor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
By Your Leave

Stamford, CT

#1 Apr 19, 2008
Carlee Wine was still alive when Ms Hall and her friends left her to die. Wouldn't it be something if Ms. Hall went court and told the judge, "Your Honor, I'm guilty of this lack of humanity on my part and want the court to punsh me to the full extent of the law."....Right, and the Tooth Fairy leaves money under your pillow.
James Dean

Bronx, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2008
A slap on the wrist for this Pig. If I was the Victims Father I would off them all. No big loss.
ok to lie

West New York, NJ

#3 Apr 19, 2008
So, basically, it's OK to lie. What's one more vehicular death anyway. Just cover it up, have the car repaired, make believe that the loss of life is of no consequence at all. Life in modern America. For shame.
Guilty

Portsmouth, NH

#4 Apr 19, 2008
What a shame, the prosecutor and DA's office should be federally investigated. Fact is this, they hit the girl and drove off. It wasn't a traffic infraction, it wasn't hitting a stop sign or garbage can. They're acts contributed to her DEATH. Way too light of a plea and shameful if you ask me...

Unreal, just unreal
Deb

Medford, NY

#5 Apr 19, 2008
The whole bunch of them, the parent's of the boy included, should have had to spend time in jail. The court system just sanctioned complete disregard for human life. My God, I can't even pass road kill without being upset: how can these people have left a human to die?
StandardizedTest

AOL

#6 Apr 19, 2008
I really hope they give it to the driver's parents. White trash A-holes.
afternoon shopping

AOL

#7 Apr 19, 2008
Just while driving around to go shopping this afternoon, within 6 miles of home, I saw two cars speed through red lights (with cars already stopped at the light in each case, both in Commack and in Fort Salonga), one car making an illegal left turn out of Fort Salonga Shopping Center (it's marked multiple times), one car passing a bus in the opposing lane of traffic on a narrow portion of Larkfield Road in East Northport, one car entering the wrong way via a one-way entrance into the post office, and a multitude cars parked right under -- and I mean RIGHT UNDER -- signs saying "NO PARKING AT ANY TIME" along the curbs in strip malls in Commack and Smithtown. Don't spend too much time worrying about the road kill -- it's the human beings who are in big-time danger here on Long Island. Politicians take note: the public is defying your laws. Has anyone considered enforcement?(That might be a neat idea.)
Pandora Spock

West Babylon, NY

#8 Apr 19, 2008
afternoon shopping wrote:
Just while driving around to go shopping this afternoon, within 6 miles of home, I saw two cars speed through red lights (with cars already stopped at the light in each case, both in Commack and in Fort Salonga), one car making an illegal left turn out of Fort Salonga Shopping Center (it's marked multiple times), one car passing a bus in the opposing lane of traffic on a narrow portion of Larkfield Road in East Northport, one car entering the wrong way via a one-way entrance into the post office, and a multitude cars parked right under -- and I mean RIGHT UNDER -- signs saying "NO PARKING AT ANY TIME" along the curbs in strip malls in Commack and Smithtown. Don't spend too much time worrying about the road kill -- it's the human beings who are in big-time danger here on Long Island. Politicians take note: the public is defying your laws. Has anyone considered enforcement?(That might be a neat idea.)
How come the police in Suffolk County do not enforce the traffic laws? Speeding, running traffic lights,driving in the wrong lane, and my favorite: left turn from the right lane is an everyday occurrence. Please Commissioner Dormer set quotas for the cops so we can have safety on our roads.

The Wantagh girl should get at least a year for her role in the death of Carlee. A dog is treated better than the way that Carlee was treated by these amoral criminals
im ova here now

Elmont, NY

#9 Apr 19, 2008
a tragedy for ALL families involved, don't judge this young lady by what you read in newsday, research the facts-no family involved in this ACCIDENT will ever be the same-R.I.P. to the victim.
Parents-wake up, know where your high school student is and what he/she is doing, trust me-this is going on in HIGH SCHOOL not just in college- don't allow underage drinking at your house!!
law enforcement in check

West New York, NJ

#10 Apr 20, 2008
Pandora Spock wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the police in Suffolk County do not enforce the traffic laws? Speeding, running traffic lights,driving in the wrong lane, and my favorite: left turn from the right lane is an everyday occurrence.
I've asked the same question for years. Heaven knows they are paid enough! The only thing I can figure out is that their bosses, and their bosses' bosses (the politicians and government leaders) tell them to go lightly with vehicular lawbreakers, because they are so numerous and because they vote.

What other POSSIBLE explanation could there be?
im ova here now

Elmont, NY

#11 Apr 20, 2008
Pandora Spock wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the police in Suffolk County do not enforce the traffic laws? Speeding, running traffic lights,driving in the wrong lane, and my favorite: left turn from the right lane is an everyday occurrence. Please Commissioner Dormer set quotas for the cops so we can have safety on our roads.
The Wantagh girl should get at least a year for her role in the death of Carlee. A dog is treated better than the way that Carlee was treated by these amoral criminals
The Wantagh girl should get a year based on what you idiot? What you "read" in Newsday"? Stop being a typical dumb Long Island "but that's what I read" fool and do some homework- she was a passenger in an accident!!! Make sure your facts are straight before you judge someone...
Pandora Spock

West Babylon, NY

#12 Apr 21, 2008
im ova here now wrote:
<quoted text>
The Wantagh girl should get a year based on what you idiot? What you "read" in Newsday"? Stop being a typical dumb Long Island "but that's what I read" fool and do some homework- she was a passenger in an accident!!! Make sure your facts are straight before you judge someone...
Based on the fact that she failed to insist that the driver stop his car and not flee the accident. Michele committed a crime !
new law

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2008
Connecticut prosecutor Matthew Gedansky is not doing his job. This jerk is helping people charged with a crime instead of helping the victims familes. It should be up to the father of the girls lost by these jerks in the 4x4. Again
another stupid legal person not doing the right thing!
im ova here now

Elmont, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2008
Yeah,ok- in your smallminded dim witted head you must think she has super powers and could have physically stopped the car- SHA WAS A PASSENGER!! If the police report is correct-which you may want to take a glimpse at- this girl was the ONLY one who called her parents who then contacted the police immediatly. Instead of finger pointing, pray for the deceased and hope that college students who are walking around campus under the influence as well as those driving remember this tragedy.
Pandora Spock

West Babylon, NY

#15 Apr 21, 2008
im ova here now wrote:
Yeah,ok- in your smallminded dim witted head you must think she has super powers and could have physically stopped the car- SHA WAS A PASSENGER!! If the police report is correct-which you may want to take a glimpse at- this girl was the ONLY one who called her parents who then contacted the police immediatly. Instead of finger pointing, pray for the deceased and hope that college students who are walking around campus under the influence as well as those driving remember this tragedy.
Your lack of understanding of appropriate behavior when involved in an auto accident amazes me. It is a crime to leave the scene of an accident especially when you know a human being has been struck by the vehicle. Fleeing the scene to call one's parents to summon help is not appropriate behavior.
Arnie

Dover, NJ

#16 Apr 21, 2008
So, was the driver under the influence?
im ova here now

Elmont, NY

#17 Apr 22, 2008
Arnie wrote:
So, was the driver under the influence?
No evidence points that the driver was under the influence- he was charged with leaving the scene - and despite the stupidity of the previous poster- the passenger was NOT charged with leaving the scene because OH YEAH! SHE WASN'T DRIVING!!! Noone knows what they would do in that kind of a situation- especially these moral zealots who cast shame from their computers. The victim as well as the passengers were all drinking that fateful night. I am quite sure there was no intenet to do any harm.
StandardizedTest

AOL

#18 Apr 27, 2008
im ova here now wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence points that the driver was under the influence- he was charged with leaving the scene - and despite the stupidity of the previous poster- the passenger was NOT charged with leaving the scene because OH YEAH! SHE WASN'T DRIVING!!! Noone knows what they would do in that kind of a situation- especially these moral zealots who cast shame from their computers. The victim as well as the passengers were all drinking that fateful night. I am quite sure there was no intenet to do any harm.
No intent to do harm???? Why didn't they at least call 911 from a nearby payphone???? Stop making excuses for bad behavior.
im ova here now

Elmont, NY

#19 Apr 27, 2008
relax lardass, noone is making excuses-how do you know they didn't? perhaps the 911 call was made by them??oh yeah!! you weren't there!!
HarleyRider

Colnbrook, UK

#22 Apr 29, 2008
im ova here now wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to know what your thoughts would be if your child had died that night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

INVESTools Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bonanno family mobster expected to get life -- ... (Mar '08) May '12 facerrrr666 63
News Hillbilly,' Often an Irritant, Can..... (Mar '08) May '12 hillbilly 11
News Sex Battery Arrest in Orange Park (Mar '08) Dec '11 noshellswill 81
News Mafia names and family histories (Mar '08) Jul '09 Southern Rube 9
News Teen Dies After Texting While Driving (May '08) Apr '09 Queen Sassyass 72
News Saoul Mamby back in boxing ring fighting at age 60 (Mar '08) Nov '08 John Wilkinson 5
News Bakers Square owner shuts 7 area locations (Apr '08) Aug '08 Chris Sveller 25
More from around the web