Bakers Square owner shuts 7 area loca...

Bakers Square owner shuts 7 area locations

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 4, 2008, titled Bakers Square owner shuts 7 area locations. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Getting a taste of French silk pie at the struggling Bakers Square chain is going to be tougher now that seven locations closed this week in the Twin Cities area, leaving a dozen still open for business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Meh

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 5, 2008
Now where will the oldsters in Highland Park eat?
G-Man

Oregon, WI

#2 Apr 5, 2008
You may want to read the article more closely. It said:

"Those remaining open include locations in Apple Valley, Roseville, West St. Paul, Blaine and St. Paul's Highland Park."

Now where the seniors in "Plymouth, St. Anthony Village, Minnetonka, Burnsville, Stillwater, Minneapolis and St. Paul's East Side on Suburban Avenue" will get their food is still an open question.
Maude Frickert

Ocala, FL

#4 Apr 5, 2008
THE worst service anywhere!!!
Amy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 5, 2008
i will miss the St Anthony Village restaurant. used to get my pies there on Xmas Eve but at least they didnt close the Roseville location....for now anyway. think the SAV location was competing with the handful of restaurants now located at the old Apache Plaza. oh well, welcome to corporate America,
Bob

Long Lake, MN

#6 Apr 5, 2008
The LAST time I visited the one on White Bear Ave the service was BAD. Havn't been back.

Good riddins!
Archie Anderson

AOL

#7 Apr 5, 2008
Salute to Bakers Square:

When Bakers square went to a smoke free business, Bakers Square was the ONLY business to run a half page ad telling people that smoked that they still want their business, their reason was that tobacco smoke interfered with the great smell of fresh baked bread. Their message was that they were going to non smoking and NOT the typical anti smoking message we see so often.
The BS bakery that makes the best pies in the world in their shop have this smoker and customers full respect and best wishes for success. Thank you for the respect shown to your customers.
I will die for a Bakers Square pie.
MCE

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 5, 2008
Bakers Square pies have sucked for years, that thing they call a pie shell is disgusting, go to a grocery store buy a pre-made pie crust and throw in some canned pie filling...voila a bakers square pie....
jmark127

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 5, 2008
To take a look at the bigger picture, is this just the beginning of a new trend. Economy isn't doing so well, maybe they're just ahead of the curve. Looking down the road, this could be real bad for those who have forgotten/never learned how to cook.
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 6, 2008
No, it's not the economy in this case.
The others are right -- their pies have been terrible for years, and their customer service was deplorable. Someone should have been fired long ago for that mistake of a store on White Bear Avenue. Slow, unfriendly service, dirty tables and floors, and poor quality food. Those are sure-fire death signs for any food business. My out-of-town relatives would drag our family there and I hated it everytime.(Nice to hear I wasn't the only one!)
Mike

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Apr 6, 2008
I once pointed out to the waiter that there was a sick and dying mouse on the floor. He quickly picked it up with his apron and went to the back as if he had done that before. We left.
jmark127

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Apr 6, 2008
I'm sure, with all the negative reviews, they probably were among the worst. Where else to start closing. I seldom went to Baker's Square. Not real big on sweets and desserts.We'll see if the gas prices, etc lead to more shakeup in the restaurant business. BTW, is just remembered that Buffets Inc filed for chapter 11. Hmmm!
Hah

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 6, 2008
The remodeled the one in Roseville. Definitely an improvement.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 6, 2008
Love that french silk pie!! Too bad it goes right to your azz. But if you got a big sweetie you can stay warm in the winter Right? Just tuck into one of those skin folds and ride out that minus 40 wind chill. More silk pie!!!
J Adams

AOL

#16 Apr 6, 2008
Great pies but that's all.
satmfs

Onamia, MN

#17 Apr 6, 2008
Archie Anderson wrote:
Salute to Bakers Square:
When Bakers square went to a smoke free business, Bakers Square was the ONLY business to run a half page ad telling people that smoked that they still want their business, their reason was that tobacco smoke interfered with the great smell of fresh baked bread. Their message was that they were going to non smoking and NOT the typical anti smoking message we see so often.
The BS bakery that makes the best pies in the world in their shop have this smoker and customers full respect and best wishes for success. Thank you for the respect shown to your customers.
It still went on my list of places not to patronize.
N Bretz

Chanhassen, MN

#18 Apr 7, 2008
How sad. What a great place to enjoy breakfast, pies and food. The service at the Maple Grove and Plymouth location was fabulous. It was always busy and there were lots of regular customers. I know many seniors will miss Bakers Square, but so will my 7 year old son and myself.
Hudson Hockey Mom

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 7, 2008
No reason to drive to East St. Paul anymore
Kyle

West Roxbury, MA

#20 Apr 9, 2008
I always had good service at the Roseville location. Glad it's stayign.
Father O-Malley

Ocala, FL

#21 Apr 10, 2008
Archie Anderson wrote:
Faith, and I nearly died WAITIN' fer one!
deal with it

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Apr 15, 2008
I have worked for the companny for years. They didnt close because they were bad...there were other reasons. if you dont like the food, go somewhere else...you are probably one of those people who complain so much you eat for free everywhere you go! There are a lot of loyal people who come into the stores...those are the people we value.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

INVESTools Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bonanno family mobster expected to get life -- ... (Mar '08) May '12 facerrrr666 63
News Hillbilly,' Often an Irritant, Can..... (Mar '08) May '12 hillbilly 11
News Sex Battery Arrest in Orange Park (Mar '08) Dec '11 noshellswill 81
News Mafia names and family histories (Mar '08) Jul '09 Southern Rube 9
News Teen Dies After Texting While Driving (May '08) Apr '09 Queen Sassyass 72
News Saoul Mamby back in boxing ring fighting at age 60 (Mar '08) Nov '08 John Wilkinson 5
News Wantagh teen pleads guilty to role in hit and run (Apr '08) Sep '08 StandardizedTest 38
More from around the web