Premiere's deal lines up an IMAX thea...

Premiere's deal lines up an IMAX theater in El Paso

There are 142 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Premiere's deal lines up an IMAX theater in El Paso. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso could get an IMAX theater as early as this year. IMAX Corp. and Texas-based Premiere Cinema Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Mister D-ElPaso

United States

#21 Apr 6, 2011
JDT-El Paso wrote:
Hell Yeah! Its about DAMN Time!!!!!!! Dont screw this up El Paso!!!
I guess it would be a great idea if they. Build a big fence armed guards at the gates checking for drugs and weapons. Also patroling the parking lot I would take my family to see a movie.
Private

United States

#22 Apr 6, 2011
Let's hope that the idiots in city council don't ruin this for us taxpayers!
Petro

El Paso, TX

#23 Apr 6, 2011
I hope they let people text also not like at tinseltown where they have stupid ushers now.
Chabelita

El Paso, TX

#24 Apr 6, 2011
We actually need two Imax, one in the westside and one at the Eastside...is gonna get packed...
Pedro Cerrano

El Paso, TX

#25 Apr 6, 2011
Unless it is built on the far east side, i'll stick with Tinseltown. Just gotta pray your car does not get vandalized or stolen there
Radcon

United States

#26 Apr 6, 2011
That's all well and good but how about an alamo drafthouse style theatre. Someplace to kick back, enjoy some food , drinks, and cinema. This town could support that. Unless you people wana chit on that idea as well
Bill Maher

El Paso, TX

#27 Apr 6, 2011
Radcon wrote:
That's all well and good but how about an alamo drafthouse style theatre. Someplace to kick back, enjoy some food , drinks, and cinema. This town could support that. Unless you people wana chit on that idea as well
LOL, just sneak your bud light in ese!
Sam

Copperas Cove, TX

#28 Apr 6, 2011
Woo!! I hope it's finished by the time the Hobbit comes out in 2012.

God Wills It!
Just Saying

United States

#29 Apr 6, 2011
There are two good options on the East and West side of town with the XD theaters. Large screen, great sound and digital projectors. You all should check them out.
pocoyo

El Paso, TX

#30 Apr 6, 2011
We need an amusment park in El Paso. Not that asfualt thing in New Mexico. With ElPaso being a very young demo, at least a kiddy ride theme park would make a killing.
reject it

United States

#31 Apr 6, 2011
El pasoans don't need more reasons to sit the fat lazy behinds. We need something that will promote activity not immobility.
Vote for Pedro

El Paso, TX

#32 Apr 6, 2011
oneup wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record Six Flags never considered a park in El Paso. It was mentioned years ago in the news paper....and now everyone thinks the city said no. The market could never support a Six Flags, there is not enough expendable income in this area for a large theme park to survive.
However an IMAX is ideal for El Paso!
Six Flags didn't consider a theme park here just a few years ago they considered back in the late 80's early 90's. However, the Six Flags corporation were asking for tax cuts and were in negotiations for the land here in El Paso. After they were having a hard time reaching an agreement with the city of El Paso a deal was made, under the radar, with the previous owner of Fiesta Texas to buy the park and Six Flags seized all negotiations with El Paso. Thank you..
SAlt

El Paso, TX

#33 Apr 6, 2011
yay! another opportunity for El Pasoans to sit on their fat butts eating buckets of oily popcorn and downing gallons of sugery drinks
Nun Ya

Washington, DC

#34 Apr 6, 2011
What is all this "I hope they put it on the west side" stuff? Don't you ppl saying that read? The article says the basset place location is being considered. Thats NOT on the westside. Anyway... Hopefully they build it, would be nice to see EP finally getting with the times of sort.
alm

Austin, TX

#35 Apr 6, 2011
Build it at the old farah location along with that new mall.
Downtown IMAX

United States

#36 Apr 6, 2011
They should build an IMAX theater in downtown El Paso, if the city wants to attract more venues there and they want people to go downtown then here is the chance.
Downtown is for everyone in El Paso, not just for the Westside, the Eastside, Northeast, or Lower Valley downtown belongs to everybody and that would be the most intelligent place to build it.
Dutch

El Paso, TX

#37 Apr 6, 2011
Put the IMAX near the Insights Museum & the rest of our Art's & Culture. The IMAX is more than a theatre, it is an experience. El Paso and our region will be drawn to this attraction. Let's not end their experience in the parking lot of a shopping mall!
Eastside

El Paso, TX

#38 Apr 6, 2011
Mr Movies wrote:
IMAX,IMAX,IMAX!!!!!!
heeeeeeeeell no.......westside old farts will make it smell like Ben Gay!! Eastside baby!!
spook

El Paso, TX

#39 Apr 6, 2011
is it part of apple? IPHONE-IPOD-IPAD-IMEX

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#40 Apr 6, 2011
I Hope City Goverment don't blows this oppertunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skyhorse Publishing To Launch Two New Titles On... (Aug '15) Aug '15 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
Rendering for IMAX (Sep '09) Mar '14 Neetesh 4
Dark Knight Rises on Cinemark XD will include t... (Jul '12) Jul '12 ian 2
News AMC TheatresA and General Growth Properties Ann... (Jun '12) Jun '12 datruth 1
News IMAX gives 2 space shuttle cameras to Smithsonian (Apr '12) Apr '12 fromoverthesea 1
"Alice in Wonderland" (2010) (Aug '11) Aug '11 Abishai100 1
News Sony Invites Consumers to Imagine Their Lives i... (May '11) May '11 Maybe 2
More from around the web