Across the metro: Legal move aims to ...

Across the metro: Legal move aims to save Cass County power plant

There are 4 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Across the metro: Legal move aims to save Cass County power plant. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Move aims to save Cass County power plant

Aquila Inc. on Tuesday appealed to the Missouri Supreme Court in its fight to save its South Harper power plant in Cass County.

The filing came two weeks after a state appeals court ruled against the utility, which built the $140 million plant near Peculiar without getting zoning approval.

The new Aquila motion says the court determination to destroy the plant is not only incorrect but one that would 'result in a colossal waste of resources and significant harm to consumers.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

Hollywood

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Mar 19, 2008
I am a resident of Peculiar and I have lived here my whole life and I think that Aquila had done a good job building their Plant and the nice ROAD that was also resurfaced to the plant Even though they did not get the approval to build the plant or resurfaced the road. I can not hear any noises from this plant. But right down the way is the pipe line that stinks like GAS but nobody complains about it. I think that if Aquila has to tear down the plant they should also tear up the road and make it the way that it was before they came in town then lets hear the people cry about the condition of the road. Or better yet Aquila needs to shut down all power and hear people cry and complain about having no power People needs to grow up this is what is wrong with this world today. Lets go back the way it was in the wild west days where there was no T.V,cars, and so on And everyone had to live off the land and people banded together when times were bad.
Ella

Grants, NM

#2 Mar 20, 2008
There is no sound reason in the above posting.

Aquila has shown that they have no ethics. The power plant, Aries, a joint venture involving Aquila, sits idle most of the time. This site would have been the prime place for the South Harper plant. Instead, Aquila chose to break the law and build a power plant without zoning permits.

This unethical business path that Aquila chose to follow is being watched by every utility. Comments have been made that if Aquila gets away with this venture, any utility/industrial plant can go and build anywhere, any time.

Shame on the PSC for being REPRESENTIVES of the people and violating the rights of the people in favor of a CORPORATE BLUNDER. They take an oath to the constitution and make a decision that violates that oath.
Lawful Cass

Grants, NM

#3 Mar 20, 2008
The colossal waste of resources has been going on with Aquila since their venture with the Aries plant in Pleasant Hill, 10 miles away from the South Harper plant.

Aquila is trying to get the courts to give them power that they don't and should not have. The county has this lawful authority. The Public Service Commission does not have the lawful authority to say it is okay for Aquila to run the plant. This plant should not be allowed to run another season.

Do what is right and lawful and STOP AQUILA NOW.
NONYA BIZ

Paola, KS

#4 Apr 3, 2008
Here's some folks from OUT OF STATE, many states away commenting on something they know NOTHING about. Jeeeeze.... get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aquila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuits targeted board, Cain over retirement fund (Nov '11) Nov '11 Le Jimbo 174
News Lawsuits targeted board, Cain over retirement fund (Nov '11) Nov '11 Blogger Guy 3
News Local earnings reports: Aquila, Kansas City Lif... (Aug '07) Apr '11 Just sucking money 4
News Court upholds $24 million ruling on Kingston mine (Nov '08) Nov '08 ActiveForPeace 1
News Senators vote to spare Aquila from tearing down... (May '08) May '08 Dave 1
News Aquila Inc. (Apr '08) Apr '08 DaFuzz55 1
News Other news: Regulators join appeal (Apr '08) Apr '08 Ella 1