AG Edwards: Wii To Top 2007 Sales, X360 To Win Cycle

Apr 3, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gamasutra.com

Mass Effect Tops Q2 2007 In IGN GamerMetrics Report [03.27.07] IGN Entertainment has released its latest GamerMetrics report, showing BioWare's upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive Mass Effect as the most anticipated ... via Gamasutra.com

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2007
Calling this analyst out

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Bad analysis on the Console winner. Wii caters to a much broader consumer base, and will win this generation in terms of total installed units.

PS3 needs a price break big time in terms of Sony's position in the console war, but Sony has chosen to use the PS3 to help them win the DVD Hi Def format war first (A much bigger and important revenue generator for Sony than the console/gaming) and on that front it appears to be working.

PS3 will drop in price as BD drive and other costs drop.

My prediction, WII will be the most installed console this generation by far, neither MS or Sony will be close. Sony will move to #2, as the PS3 price drops and BD becomes the obvious winner in the Hi Def DVD format war.

Basically, new/non traditional gamers will buy Wiis. Casual gamers will buy a Wii and 1 other system.. and the hard corp gamer will buy all 3.

X will not top the cycle, nor will PS3. Sony and MS are going to be locked in a battle for 2nd place this cycle. In less than 5 months since launch, Big N has sold nearly 7 Million Wii's, closing in on 70% of the total Sales XBOX 360s have managed in 17-18 months. MS will not win this cycle, this analyst for AG Edwards has muffed big time.
Aaace5

Brookfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2007

"Calling this analyst out"!

Come on be serious.

The truth is, Sony and it's playstation 2 sold so well because it had alot of exclusives, and alot of games. Not to mention all the people who had to repurchase the system because their previous one failed from over use by playing dvds and games and music on it. Everyone knows that you make more revenue off of games than movies, so you're wrong there.

The ps3 is losing some of it's exclusives. The cost of creating games is so high, that the ps3 won't have the advantage of having games come out only on their system. So that theory of sony actually having 100 million playstation console fans is untrue, and their launch proved it.

Nintendo is on a roll with the Wii because it is new and innovative. But I feel it will repeat history( which it is currently doing) by not having enough games coming out on a regular basis. The virtual console is cool because you can download old games, but people want new games, and that's why I think the wii will ultimately fail, once the novelty of the motion sensor thing wears off and developers run out of new ideas.

I predict x360 will be the winner in the end, because they focus on new games as well as existing franchises, not to mention xbox live is currently unrivaled. MS is frowned upon because people are excited about the blu-ray and motion sensor thing, but I feel that is a fad that will wear off within the coming year. But the 360 already hav a larger installed base, and has some interesting games coming out in the future, and don't forget Halo 3. I know people who are holding off on buying a 360 just because they want to wait for H3. MS is like the Rocky Balboa of this console war! No one believes he will win, but in the end he will shock them with his heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent IGN Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
World's oldest man, Alexander Imich, dies at ag... 5 hr PatchWork 7
12 More Students Join $380M Sex Abuse Suit Agai... (Aug '13) Aug 11 ryan singh 3
Si Se Puede: Illegals Deported Multiple Times V... Jul '14 Amigo 1
Brooklyn Street Could Be Renamed 'Do the Right ... Jun '14 Woodie54 1
Letter to the Editor-Tom Lazer May '14 Ryan Bryson 1
Former "CSI" Actor Dating Openly Gay College Ba... May '14 Pat Robertson s F... 27
Miley Cyrus ill, cancels concerts Apr '14 Miley Cyrus 1

Search the IGN Entertainment Forum:
•••