Earnings Show Recession May Be "Fast Approaching"

Jul 23, 2012 | Posted by: Jim R Pickens | Full story: www.cnbc.com

While this quarter's earnings reports have crossed a substantially lowered profit bar, future expectations through the year indicate a recession could be on the way.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2012

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 23, 2012
 
Barack "Recession" Obama tells business owner's "You didn't build your business" and he blames the economy on his predecessor.
He says he "worries more" about Government workers than the private sector and derides Romney for being successful at business.

Obama is so out of touch with everyday Americans and absolutely clueless about the economy.
Jay Jay

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 23, 2012
 
What? We aren't in a recession now?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 24, 2012
 
Jim R Pickens wrote:
Barack "Recession" Obama tells business owner's "You didn't build your business" and he blames the economy on his predecessor.
He says he "worries more" about Government workers than the private sector and derides Romney for being successful at business.
Obama is so out of touch with everyday Americans and absolutely clueless about the economy.
Well it is true that the economy was ruined by his predecessor, George Bush, but the fact that Barack Obama's been unable to at least turn it around towards recovery is all on him.
Druid Hills Commando

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 24, 2012
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is true that the economy was ruined by his predecessor, George Bush, but the fact that Barack Obama's been unable to at least turn it around towards recovery is all on him.
I was doing pretty good while Bush was president.
Unemployment was low. I don't know what you think George Bush did to mess up the economy?
He did pass through the first mega dollar stimulus at then President-elect Obama's request. So he did lend Obama a hand in destroying the economy.
Don't know why Bush decided to help Obama fck America there at the end of his term.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 24, 2012
 
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
I was doing pretty good while Bush was president.
Unemployment was low. I don't know what you think George Bush did to mess up the economy?
He did pass through the first mega dollar stimulus at then President-elect Obama's request. So he did lend Obama a hand in destroying the economy.
Don't know why Bush decided to help Obama fck America there at the end of his term.
Well, we, and many others, have gone over countless times the role the eight year Bush fiasco played in our current situation, but I reckon we can roll it all out again if need be.

I actually did pretty good during the Bush era myself, and the fact is that the small businesses I made a profit with all went down the tubes after Obama took office, but not everyone was as fortunate as you and I, Commando.

Obama was elected for the very reason that things were *not* "just fine" under George Bush, and in fact it was this statement that instantly rendered John McCain unelectable... when he blundered and stated that everything was "Just fine" with the Bush policies and that if he were elected he'd give us "more of the same".

The problem with Obama was that he made grand promises to turn around, and indeed even "fix" the mess that the inept Bush and his people brought on us, along with many other promises he was unable, or incapable of keeping.

Simply put, Obama was left with a big job, a job that he wasn't cut out to handle, for the looks of it.

So... I'm taking my vote elsewhere in 2012. If he doesn't do anything really stupid before November, I'll be casting my vote for third party contender Gary Johnson.

Really, Gary Johnson is far and away the best man for the job, win, lose or draw.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 24, 2012
 
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
I was doing pretty good while Bush was president.
This reminds me of something you wrote a couple of days ago, that you voted for Obama... if you were doing so well while Bush was in office, why didn't you vote for McCain, who also said things were "fine" and promised to bring us "more of the same" if elected?

Interesting question I hope you won't ignore, since your answer should also be interesting, Commando.
Truth

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 24, 2012
 
I would gladly of taken "More of the same" now.
LOL, Maybe Romney will get us back on track.
Druid Hills Commando

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 24, 2012
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of something you wrote a couple of days ago, that you voted for Obama... if you were doing so well while Bush was in office, why didn't you vote for McCain, who also said things were "fine" and promised to bring us "more of the same" if elected?
Interesting question I hope you won't ignore, since your answer should also be interesting, Commando.
I bought into the hype, Will. I thought he might be a young positive leader and do what's best for America regardless of politics. I see now I was wrong. In all honesty I think McCain probably would have been more effective with the economy, but they say hind site is 20 20.
I still consider myself a democrat, just not a Obama democrat.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 24, 2012
 
Truth wrote:
I would gladly of taken "More of the same" now.
LOL, Maybe Romney will get us back on track.
If Romney can make it so, I'll applaud him.

Vote for him, another Republican?

Not a chance.

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 24, 2012
 
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought into the hype, Will. I thought he might be a young positive leader and do what's best for America regardless of politics. I see now I was wrong. In all honesty I think McCain probably would have been more effective with the economy, but they say hind site is 20 20.
I still consider myself a democrat, just not a Obama democrat.
Interestingly, I agree with you on almost every point.

Except for the McCain-Palin comedy team though, of course.

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 28, 2012
 
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
I was doing pretty good while Bush was president.
Unemployment was low. I don't know what you think George Bush did to mess up the economy?
He did pass through the first mega dollar stimulus at then President-elect Obama's request. So he did lend Obama a hand in destroying the economy.
Don't know why Bush decided to help Obama fck America there at the end of his term.
This is true, most who talk about the Bush years as a "fiasco" cannot cite on thing or one of his policies that led us here.

They say his "Tax cuts for the rich!" Funny, when Obama extended them they became "Tax cuts for everyone"

They talk about the "two wars" but President Bush did not act alone, he had overwhelming support of the legislative branch and the American people.

You are exactly right though about the stimulus, he did play the first card in our economic disaster.

Thanks for the post!
Really

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 29, 2012
 
I never knew we came out of Obama's first recession.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 29, 2012
 
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, most who talk about the Bush years as a "fiasco"
Are not suffering from the mss amnesia you and most Republicns seem to be suffering from, Jim.

Since: Mar 12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 29, 2012
 
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, most who talk about the Bush years as a "fiasco" cannot cite on thing or one of his policies that led us here.
They say his "Tax cuts for the rich!" Funny, when Obama extended them they became "Tax cuts for everyone"
They talk about the "two wars" but President Bush did not act alone, he had overwhelming support of the legislative branch and the American people.
You are exactly right though about the stimulus, he did play the first card in our economic disaster.
Thanks for the post!
You are most correct sir. I find it so funny to argue with the anti-Bush folks, they hate him so much and he isn't even in the political light anymore.
I ask why they hate him so much and they cannot name one thing, the real reason is he's a republican and did a decent job as President, now their guy is President and they think by talking down Bush it will make their guy look better.
I haven't seen a bigger bunch of clueless idiots in a long time.
If these times weren't so hard economically it would be funny as hell.
Good to see you posting again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••