Syria forces accused of using civilians as shields

Mar 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

Anti-Syrian regime protesters stand beneath a Syrian revolution flag and chant slogans against Syrian President Bashar Assad during a demonstration after Friday prayers in Beirut, Lebanon, Friday, March 23, 2012." rel="story-images"> This image made from amateur video and released by Shaam News Network Saturday, March 24, 2012, purports to show a ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tariq Ziad

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Foreign govts. will play a double game in Syria under the cover of UN resolution. On one hand, foreigners will tell Syrian rebels not to accept peace proposals from the Syrian govt., keep fighting, do not negotiate with the govt., we'll continue to supply arms and cash to you. On the other hand, foreigners will keep accusing the Syrian govt. of violence even when the govt. will sincerely try to end the violence.
JimBob

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Syrian forces use human shields.
No surprise there awful regime in Syria.
Syrian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

JimBob wrote:
Syrian forces use human shields.
No surprise there awful regime in Syria.
The entire population if Syria is being used as human shields for these rebels! No one can find them, because unlike the Syrian military, they wear no uniforms or insignia. This is why so many innocent Syrians are being killed. Let the West provide these rebels with uniforms, so the Syrian army can finally ID who is shooting at them, and exactly who to target!
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> The entire population if Syria is being used as human shields for these rebels! No one can find them, because unlike the Syrian military, they wear no uniforms or insignia. This is why so many innocent Syrians are being killed. Let the West provide these rebels with uniforms, so the Syrian army can finally ID who is shooting at them, and exactly who to target!
Yeah right, and drop their weapons while wearing uniforms with a big taget sewn on their backs, this is not a fair government to pretend they are going to be fair. Assad is fighting even dirtier than Ghadaffi.
Tariq Ziad

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> The entire population if Syria is being used as human shields for these rebels! No one can find them, because unlike the Syrian military, they wear no uniforms or insignia. This is why so many innocent Syrians are being killed. Let the West provide these rebels with uniforms, so the Syrian army can finally ID who is shooting at them, and exactly who to target!
You are right. Rebels mix up with general population. It is not easy to tell who to target.
Da truth

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

People it's called WAR. Both sides will use all they can to WIN. We Dropped 2 nukes in Japan that killed more than 150,000 civilians. WAR is not suppose to be pretty y'all. I hope Syria does go back to how it was b4 I had family that relocated from Africa to Syria in the late 90s and they said life is not as bad as people say it is.
Syrian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, and drop their weapons while wearing uniforms with a big taget sewn on their backs, this is not a fair government to pretend they are going to be fair. Assad is fighting even dirtier than Ghadaffi.
What's fair in war? Is it fair for these rebels to hide in civilian neighborhoods and buildings, and take pot shots at Syrian soldiers as they walk down the streets? Is it fair for rebels to put bombs in cars and blow them up in the middle of crowded plazas, and to kill the innocent office workers in government buildings? These rebels are trying to overthrow the Syrian government, and Assad is upholding his sworn duty to protect it from all enemies, foreign or domestic.
Syrian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da truth wrote:
People it's called WAR. Both sides will use all they can to WIN. We Dropped 2 nukes in Japan that killed more than 150,000 civilians. WAR is not suppose to be pretty y'all. I hope Syria does go back to how it was b4 I had family that relocated from Africa to Syria in the late 90s and they said life is not as bad as people say it is.
Yes, it is a war of attrition. The rebels will kill as many Syrian soldiers as they can, and vice versa! The winners will be the ones who are still left standing.
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 25, 2012
 
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a war of attrition. The rebels will kill as many Syrian soldiers as they can, and vice versa! The winners will be the ones who are still left standing.
That's usually how wars operatate dummy!!
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a war of attrition. The rebels will kill as many Syrian soldiers as they can, and vice versa! The winners will be the ones who are still left standing.
That's usually how wars operate dummy!!
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tariq Ziad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Rebels mix up with general population. It is not easy to tell who to target.
A lot of those rebels are ex Syrian military dummy!!
Tariq Ziad

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>That's usually how wars operate dummy!!
Hey Ayreshire, you are repeating the message. Are you a human or somebody's voice mail? I'm convinced that you are a big dummy. Wipe off your sweat if you can.
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tariq Ziad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ayreshire, you are repeating the message. Are you a human or somebody's voice mail? I'm convinced that you are a big dummy. Wipe off your sweat if you can.
As if you don't repeat your endless gum flappin' anti-Semite Nonsense!
Syrian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tariq Ziad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ayreshire, you are repeating the message. Are you a human or somebody's voice mail? I'm convinced that you are a big dummy. Wipe off your sweat if you can.
LOL!! This Ayreshire moron has been reposting the exact same idiotic stupidity again and again for months!! Just look back on any of the fool's threads. Maybe he is some kind of new Israeli robot machine, sent to all the Topix forums to repost pro-Israel propaganda? LOL!!!!
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 26, 2012
 
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! This Ayreshire moron has been reposting the exact same idiotic stupidity again and again for months!! Just look back on any of the fool's threads. Maybe he is some kind of new Israeli robot machine, sent to all the Topix forums to repost pro-Israel propaganda? LOL!!!!
What?? No rebuttal??? I must be right then! Please remember that you are dealing with a psychopath! The Syrianassclown the USA's Problem Child is an anti-Israel, Anti-American, anti-Jewish, pro-Nazi, AND also pro-Al-Qaida! Where are the clowns getting money from to feed their filthy lying mouths? I hope it's not the U.S. taxpayers helping the assclown spread his filthy lies and propaganda the anti-American, anti Jewish freaks!! The clown is Just another filthy Muzzie living on the U.S. dime! Part of the filthy Muzzie takeover!! I blame America for allowing you rotten scumbags in our country in the first place!! Now they are paying the consequences for all the Anti-American, Anti-Jewish, anti-Israel hate spew forth in an endless charade of ignorant nonsense!! Get the HELL out of this country and take your Anti-American, Anti-Jewish hate elsewhere!!
Ayreshire

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 26, 2012
 
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! This Ayreshire moron has been reposting the exact same idiotic stupidity again and again for months!! Just look back on any of the fool's threads. Maybe he is some kind of new Israeli robot machine, sent to all the Topix forums to repost pro-Israel propaganda? LOL!!!!
The Syrian nutcase is on hundreds of forums blaming Israel and Jews for everything from forcing him to wear 3 month old underwear to why he can't go out in public! The clown is everywhere and Blames Israel for everything wrong in the world. Sound like Nazi Germany replayed all over again!! I'm not Jewish but I have family members that are and find the lies and propaganda offensive! The clown has no morals and doesn't think twice about lying and not backing anything up!! You would have thought the Jews hung the nutcase by his little Muslim baby feet and spanked his little bottom blue and that's why the moron hates them so much. I only wish they had and then he'd have a reason for his gum flappin' ignorant nonsense, hate, lies, propaganda and endless hogwash!! What the hell have they done moron? You keep coming back with the same azz horse Manure and I prove you be the biggest filthy disgusting LIAR in Topix! What the hell is wrong with you mental brainwashed basket case!! First of all dumbazz In 1944, Jews paid between $1000 and $1100 per acre mostly for arid or semi-arid land; in the same year, rich black soil in Iowa was selling for about $110 per acre (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture)" Google it up moron!! Palestinians Paid Nothing, Nada, Zilch!!

--Land Ownership in Palestine, 1880-1948

According to British government statistics, prior to the establishment of the State of Israel, 8.6% of the land area now known as Israel was owned by Jews; 3.3% by Arabs who remained there; 16.5% by Arabs who left the country. More than 70% of the land was owned by the BRITISH GOVERNMENT!!! Under international law, ownership passed to Israel in 1948. The public lands included most of the Negev Desert --Survey of 1946, British Mandate Government!

YOU STINKIN' ARABS have muddied the world for decades with their furious protest that their land has been “stolen” from them. One might take seriously such a statement if it came from a pacifist people such as the Tibetans, who had quietly inhabited their land for ages before it was seized by the Communist Chinese in 1950. The claim is laughable coming from the Arabs, who in the early Middle Ages conquered and reduced to slavery and penury ancient peoples and civilizations stretching from the borders of Persia to the Atlantic; who in 1947 rejected an Arab state in Palestine alongside a Jewish state and sought to obliterate the nascent Jewish state; who never called for a distinct Palestinian Arab state until the creation of the terrorist PLO in 1964—sixteen years after the founding of the state of Israel; and who to this moment continue to seek Israel’s destruction, an object that would be enormously advanced by the creation of the Arab state they demand. The Arab claim to sovereign rights west of the Jordan is only humored today because of a fatal combination of world need for Arab oil, leftist Political Correctness that has cast the Israelis as “oppressors,” and, of course, good old Jew-hatred.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 26, 2012
 
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! This Ayreshire moron has been reposting the exact same idiotic stupidity again and again for months!! Just look back on any of the fool's threads. Maybe he is some kind of new Israeli robot machine, sent to all the Topix forums to repost pro-Israel propaganda? LOL!!!!
Observers will decide who the fools are for ourselves.

Your case (and that of ruthless Assad) seems weak to non-existent.

Looks like most Syrians have decided Assad & his cronies are must go. Assad should have jumped before he was pushed.

I agree that, without democracy, killing and attritional warfare are likely to be the solution. Only democratic elections (without Assad & those infected by proximity to him) are likely to bring a lasting peace. Then, if the losers are lucky and they haven't been given a 'Gaddafi Exit', the court cases will start.

At the moment, the US seems willing to let Assad live if he goes quietly. I think he's too stupid and egotistical. Power corrupts and, like most dictators, he has come to believe only he can provide everyone with the answer.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> What's fair in war? Is it fair for these rebels to hide in civilian neighborhoods and buildings, and take pot shots at Syrian soldiers as they walk down the streets? Is it fair for rebels to put bombs in cars and blow them up in the middle of crowded plazas, and to kill the innocent office workers in government buildings? These rebels are trying to overthrow the Syrian government, and Assad is upholding his sworn duty to protect it from all enemies, foreign or domestic.
Well then ask Assad to surrender some tanks, surface to air misiles, some grenade launchers and long range sniper rifles just like he is using on the rebels then they can move out of hiding. Assas has never upheld any protection of civilian otherwise he would not have tanks stand in one place for a week and continuously keep shelling Homs, destroying homes, he would not burn down houses of arrested people just to intimidate others, this guy is a terrorist through to the core.

Even russian and china have agreed. They are now joining the UN security council.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a war of attrition. The rebels will kill as many Syrian soldiers as they can, and vice versa! The winners will be the ones who are still left standing.
Yes and when the tryant controlling the army orders the army to just keep indescriminately bombing the people regardless of who they hit then the world has a problem with a butcher out of control because he is pouting because he cannot have his way.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Observers will decide who the fools are for ourselves.
Your case (and that of ruthless Assad) seems weak to non-existent.
Looks like most Syrians have decided Assad & his cronies are must go. Assad should have jumped before he was pushed.
I agree that, without democracy, killing and attritional warfare are likely to be the solution. Only democratic elections (without Assad & those infected by proximity to him) are likely to bring a lasting peace. Then, if the losers are lucky and they haven't been given a 'Gaddafi Exit', the court cases will start.
At the moment, the US seems willing to let Assad live if he goes quietly. I think he's too stupid and egotistical. Power corrupts and, like most dictators, he has come to believe only he can provide everyone with the answer.
I agree with you and hope we are wrong in that Assad does step down to allow attrition to happen, right now he and his brother are killing as many as possible to intimidate as many as possible to show his strength that no one can scare him or challenge him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••