Insight working on Internet outages

Full story: The Pantagraph 6
Insight Communications is working to resolve service disruptions associated with the upgrading of its broadband Internet service. Full Story
Fern Carty

Evansville, IN

#1 May 11, 2006
We have not had our e-mails working for 12 days, when will it ever be fixed? Will it be automatic or will we have to call and wait for 30 min. on line to get help?
Proxykillah

Pearl, MS

#2 May 19, 2006
30 mins ? LOL , try calling now, it has become worse, your ass is sitting on the phone for close to an hour and a half
Carla

Louisville, KY

#3 May 25, 2006
When the service first went down, I called and called and all I got was a busy signal. I finally gave up and went to bed. When I got up the next morning, I called the repair number in the phone book that should be a 24 hour number. I went through the recording about how to repair it, managed to get through the automated system, and at the last phase of that, an automated voice said "I'm sorry you are having problems and I promise to help. Please hold while I transfer you." Feeling a little better, I waited. When it finally picked up, another recording said "Thank you for calling insight. Our administrative offices are currently closed." I managed to get it up again on my own and then it went down again a couple of days later. I had to actually go to the local office to get someone to assist me because I either got a busy signal, constant ringing, or got hung up on during the transfer. Their phone system sure worked when they wanted me to pay the bill, though.
Dawn

Fort Knox, KY

#4 May 27, 2006
I am tired of this, I have called 3 times today, my service is the pits, I keep getting disconnected, slow or no service. Two days ago I was fine, they are going to send a tech out on Thursday? Why can't they send one today when I have the problem and I am tired of the same old response at first that it is MY equipment that is the problem. Please fix this!
RON

Cleveland, OH

#5 Jan 9, 2007
WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY FOR CABLE TV AND HAVE TO VIEW ALL OF THE COMMERICALS? CABLE TV SHOULD BE FREE IF WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL OF THE COMMERICALS. IF WE PAY, TV SHOULD BE COMMERICAL FREE. THE CABLE COMPANIES DOUBLE DIP. MAKES $$$$$$$$$$FROM THE ADVERTISERS AND THE USERS.
Trish10

Douglas, GA

#6 Aug 21, 2010
How about when the tech came to my house to "bury" the line that has hung across my yard to the nieghbors yard he then cut the line and left it dangling and when he left somehow my cable left with him not only that i have spoken to three other people who have transferred me and i'm still waiting on help. What pisses me off is that they take so long "helping other's" but when that bill has to be paid they are quick to shut it down feel me. not only that but as i'm discussing my problem one of the reps tried selling me another peice of equipment allegedly for more protection. Hmmmmm why am i calling in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Insight Communications Company Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
75,000 customers ask for broadband refunds (Aug '06) Dec '13 Apostle Amber 52
does insight offer cell phone service (Dec '07) Mar '13 Cell phones 3
said equipment didn't have (Dec '12) Dec '12 joe 1
Excuse Service Provider (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jim Dingus 1
no more TV guide? (Aug '12) Aug '12 disgusted 1
Fire destroys western Kentucky popcorn factory (May '12) Jun '12 Sandy06 3
Important notice for Insight cable subscribers (Dec '10) Dec '10 brian 1
More from around the web