Hostess products again
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just say Beembo

Saginaw, MI

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Delivered my Bimbo products today and noticed 8 rolling racks of Hostess products in the backroom at Wal-mart. These were delivered by semi to the store and W.M. is to be the sole retailer(according to shift mgr.). This was in Michigan. Anyone else see this.
xoxo

Richmond, VA

#2 Nov 30, 2012
Hostess Brands is a piece of shit Greg rayburn I wish your demise Frank hurt & family as well lay down and die
Sharon

Greenwood, IN

#3 Dec 1, 2012
I saw tons of Zingers at the Wal-mart in Greenwood, In on Sat. Dec. 2 2012! What's up with that?
cind61

Sterling, IL

#4 Dec 2, 2012
Oh yeah its all over we are in illinois and as for all those bonuses lets just try paying the faithful employees what they had coming like vacation pay and holiday pay for thanksgivivg!!!!j
ust pay us what we have coming!!!
Deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#5 Dec 2, 2012
Hey cind61 you have nothing coming you were on strike!
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#6 Dec 4, 2012
Deyquan wrote:
Hey cind61 you have nothing coming you were on strike!
What do you get out of being so cruel to people when they are having a terrible time in their life? You did not work at Hostess...at least that is what you said...so you have NO idea of what type of working conditions they had to work under.....try being nice to people when they are having a hard time in their life. God does not like ugly!!!!!!!!!! Remember one day you will have to meet your maker...God!!!!!
Deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#7 Dec 4, 2012
thrown to the curb wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you get out of being so cruel to people when they are having a terrible time in their life? You did not work at Hostess...at least that is what you said...so you have NO idea of what type of working conditions they had to work under.....try being nice to people when they are having a hard time in their life. God does not like ugly!!!!!!!!!! Remember one day you will have to meet your maker...God!!!!!
The wounds you are suffering are self inflicted. You were told that a strike would close the company, yet you ask that they pay you holiday and vacation pay? 18,500 people lost their jobs, your union officials gave themselves a raise. Yet you still spout the union rhetoric? You people have to be the dumbest people on the face of the planet.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Just say Beembo wrote:
Delivered my Bimbo products today and noticed 8 rolling racks of Hostess products in the backroom at Wal-mart. These were delivered by semi to the store and W.M. is to be the sole retailer(according to shift mgr.). This was in Michigan. Anyone else see this.
yes down south!was told walmart bought all sweets that were sitting in bakerys,that had not been delivered.com pany had bakerys full november 22.walmart bought it all.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Sharon wrote:
I saw tons of Zingers at the Wal-mart in Greenwood, In on Sat. Dec. 2 2012! What's up with that?
walmart bought all sweets that were sitting in bakerys.columbus had 4 tractor trailors full.all went to walmart...
crazy

Dallas, GA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Deyquan wrote:
<quoted text> The wounds you are suffering are self inflicted. You were told that a strike would close the company, yet you ask that they pay you holiday and vacation pay? 18,500 people lost their jobs, your union officials gave themselves a raise. Yet you still spout the union rhetoric? You people have to be the dumbest people on the face of the planet.
no deyquan you are!! you dont keep letting these selfish ceo"s and board members keep taking from your pay.read up on the facts..before you speak since you didnt work here..
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Deyquan wrote:
<quoted text> The wounds you are suffering are self inflicted. You were told that a strike would close the company, yet you ask that they pay you holiday and vacation pay? 18,500 people lost their jobs, your union officials gave themselves a raise. Yet you still spout the union rhetoric? You people have to be the dumbest people on the face of the planet.
We need another Teddy Roosevelt because he said unions had the right and needed to bargain with companies. This is a way of keeping wages, benefits and working conditions fair. Right now the CEO's and their buddies make 700 times what the average worker is making. When CEO' and companies pay their employees fair wages and benefits you have a productive workforce. When companies continue to take wages, benefits and working conditions that continue to get worse that makes for an unhappy, unproductive workforce. That was Hostess...so you say you did not work for Hostess, so your opinion means NOTHING. Government (Obama) needs to keep on these companies that steal from their employees and they should get jail time. Just as if we steal from the company we would get the same results. Companies do not want government in their business so they can steal, lie, and cheat their employees. Who else would keep an eye on them...their attorneys. Government needs to be involved instead of companies attorneys and their judges they have in their back pockets!!!!!! There needs to be a more fair system to the average worker. PERIOD!!!!!
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#12 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
We need another Teddy Roosevelt because he said unions had the right and needed to bargain with companies. This is a way of keeping wages, benefits and working conditions fair. Right now the CEO's and their buddies make 700 times what the average worker is making. When CEO' and companies pay their employees fair wages and benefits you have a productive workforce. When companies continue to take wages, benefits and working conditions that continue to get worse that makes for an unhappy, unproductive workforce. That was Hostess...so you say you did not work for Hostess, so your opinion means NOTHING. Government (Obama) needs to keep on these companies that steal from their employees and they should get jail time. Just as if we steal from the company we would get the same results. Companies do not want government in their business so they can steal, lie, and cheat their employees. Who else would keep an eye on them...their attorneys. Government needs to be involved instead of companies attorneys and their judges they have in their back pockets!!!!!! There needs to be a more fair system to the average worker. PERIOD!!!!!
HMMM....I guess you should read this and stop drinking the union kool aid. By the way this is from the Huffington Post, you know that left leaning pro union rag.
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#13 Dec 8, 2012
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#14 Dec 9, 2012
deyquan wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2012/11/16/gregory-rayburn-rai se_n_2147043.html
I have one last question for you Deyquan: DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD??????????
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#15 Dec 9, 2012
To Deyquan: I do believe in GOD!!!!!!!!!!
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#16 Dec 12, 2012
To Deyquan: I do believe in GOD!!!!!!!!!!
What I believe in is irrelevant to the conversation. I guess you did not bother to read the article. If you had you and that moron crazy would have learned that the IB exec's were working for $1 a year, I guess crazy thinks that is taking money out of his check? Since we are talking about greed, how do you justify you union president getting an $80k raise after losing 18.500 jobs?
crazy

Dallas, GA

#17 Dec 14, 2012
deyquan,what year did hostess execs,take a $1 a year? never,in stead they stole our pension fund,you need to get your facts straight..now go play in the snow....
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#18 Dec 14, 2012
Hey crazy...read the artical, you can readcan't you?
crazy

Dallas, GA

#19 Dec 18, 2012
HEY deyquan,thats the problem,you believe everything you read!We worked there, we witnessed it first hand,seen the commerical about the insurance and the internet thats you.dont believe everything you read,when your going thur it you know all the sides.We should be helping each other look at the problems in the world .look north to shooting at our schools,why not be nicer to people?our world and country are in trouble,why are we so mean?are we that unhappy? oh thanks for info.im glad my president is taking care of me,gotta go, here i can get foodstamps,yea!!have a happy blessed christmas.
Hostess Worker

Mokena, IL

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Good god those execs never did work for $1....Enough already. There was a clause they gave themselves where they would work for $1 IF.....

It never happened. I lived with this company for 30 years. People who hate unions will never understand what happened here nor will they care to.

Doesn`t matter. I saw my wages & benefits do nothing but get lower and lower over the last ten years & then we lost our pension.

If the union haters thinks our loss of jobs were "self inflicted" let them think it. We who worked there know what really happened.

No it wasn`t Rayburn who got the raise. It was Driscoll & his cronies! Driscoll preceded Rayburn & suddenly left his post one day. Just like that. That`s when they handed Rayburn the job of CEO.

Rayburn was originally brought in with a restructuring co. or as a consultant to oversee the bankruptcy. Look up his work history! His job over the years was to help break down companies like Hostess to sell off. Look up how many companies he helped liquidate. That was his job!

As soon as Driscoll left, or was forced out, this is when they handed the whole thing over to Rayburn. If any of you really think the strike by the Bakers Union shut this place down, you are truly mistaken!

When the strike did happen it turned out to be a blessing for Hostess. Now they had a finger to point. How convenient! This was going to happen regardless of a strike or not! Don`t fool yourselves into thinking a strike brought this company down!

During the 1st bankruptcy, the concessions the unions gave were with the promise by Hostess that it would save the company only to have them come back again after the second bankruptcy demanding even more.

We would have been more than happy with another 5 year pay freeze!

When Hostess stopped paying into the contractual pension funds, they saved another $150 million.

You can read and believe what you want, but it sure wasn`t the unions "wanting more". By that time we were just trying to hold on to what we had. Don`t forget we all had mortgage too! We gave. So now most of us were settled in living paycheck to paycheck because of the 1st concessions.

I was a Teamster. We agreed to the second set of concessions. Of course we didn`t like it, but we did. I don`t blame the Bakers Union for the loss of my job. Why? Because we all knew by then that this company wasn`t going to last even if the Bakers accepted the "last, best & final offer.

Like I said, Look up Rayburn and his past. What happened with Hostess is exactly what happened to all the other companies that Rayburn was brought it to do.

Self inflicted? What a fucking joke....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Facts ? (Nov '11) Mar '15 Bimbo 139
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
More from around the web