Flowers files trademark infringement ...

Flowers files trademark infringement against I.B.C.

There are 32 comments on the Bakingbusiness.com story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Flowers files trademark infringement against I.B.C.. In it, Bakingbusiness.com reports that:

Flowers Bakeries Brands, Inc., Thomasville, Ga., filed suit July 23 against Interstate Bakeries Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bakingbusiness.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frank

AOL

#21 Jan 19, 2009
Does anybody know what the earnings (%)for Flowers drivers and what is their average weekly sales and how many units they handle in a week.
nature own man

United States

#22 Jan 20, 2009
Wonder, I don't know if you where in a coma or in jail, but let me clue you in for the past year an half the gas prices did reach up to $5.00 a gallon, so that means that the price of wheat went up, its not price gauging its trying to make a small profit that Interstate Inc. has no ideal how to do.I bet Interstate Inc. can hire a bunch of rent of drunks,and put them in change and I bet they will do a better job and they don't need to pay them just keep them drunk. Look there I just solved Interstate Inc. problem. Because there management team is horribly, espiecally the marketing team. They also need new bags for the Old Fashion, there about 40 years out dated. Most of Interstate Inc. bread comes from Flowers Inc. hog feed. Giving back whatever.Let me help you out Wonder,you need to go to the nearest Flowers Bakery plant and get your self an application, because Flowers Inc. is growing and that's a fact.
nature own man

United States

#23 Jan 20, 2009
frank wrote:
Does anybody know what the earnings (%)for Flowers drivers and what is their average weekly sales and how many units they handle in a week.
It all depends where you live I guess,I live in Jacksonville Fl.area and I have a median size route here.I run around 10000 a week. So I make 1900.00 with about 500.00 expense,that's tax deductable. There's are guys out there running 16000 a week and I'm pretty sure there making around 3000.00 a week with expenses,again tax deductable because you own your own route,that you need no money to put in when purchasing a route unlike other companies. Good luck,its a great company to work for.
frank

AOL

#24 Jan 24, 2009
Nature own man can you contact me @ [email protected]
I would like to get more info about your route.
Wonder

Fort Myers, FL

#25 Jan 24, 2009
Nature own man, i was in nj for a couple of days last week and didnt notice any of your award winning bread. Is it only in the dirty south in which we are able to buy your products? Maybe one day you might be nation wide.
NC BUNNY MAN

Burlington, NC

#26 Feb 8, 2009
ILL IBC wrote:
Bunny Man, Flowers is just a small part of the over all market, IBC has won awards for best new product with the 100 cal packs, it is featured in magazines of all kids and endorsed by weight watchers, while our bread may not be supported by them neither is yours, Sara Lee takes the honors there , so if broken down , all companies can crow about something, just remember this, when IBC comes out of BK which it will, it will once again take over the market and thats why you and sara lee or so quick to put them down as you know they wil be a threat to your lively hood.
Well Let me ask you this....WHO HAS SHOWN PROFITS FOR THE LAST 20 years....It has not been IBC or Sara Lee. Look at the awards again....You are so blind and not wanting to face that we are a more profitable and stable company that will be here way longer after than IBC/
NC BUNNY MAN

Burlington, NC

#27 Feb 8, 2009
nature own man wrote:
<quoted text> It all depends where you live I guess,I live in Jacksonville Fl.area and I have a median size route here.I run around 10000 a week. So I make 1900.00 with about 500.00 expense,that's tax deductable. There's are guys out there running 16000 a week and I'm pretty sure there making around 3000.00 a week with expenses,again tax deductable because you own your own route,that you need no money to put in when purchasing a route unlike other companies. Good luck,its a great company to work for.
That is the way to tell them...>Some people does not want to see the truth. I myself have a small route and averages 11K a week in sales. I also have a friend in the same warehouse as myself and he averages 25k in sales a week and grosses about 4000. a week. IBC and Saralee both wish they could show numbers like that. Have you heard that Saralee is going after Food Lion PL and have started doing full service here in a few areas. They can't keep up as it is. IBC has a bunch of dummies that are brainwashed that really think that they are a stable and profitable company. What is it going to show and prove to them that they are on a sinking ship and going down so fast/
NC BUNNY MAN

Burlington, NC

#28 Feb 8, 2009
Wonder wrote:
Nature own man, i was in nj for a couple of days last week and didnt notice any of your award winning bread. Is it only in the dirty south in which we are able to buy your products? Maybe one day you might be nation wide.
Why try to go nationwide and be greedy. If you want to go up north with all the yankees and look for our bread....Then that means you must be as dumb as i think that you are. Just go down to the corner market and pick up a FRESH loaf of Natures Own and stop your crying. I will fax you an application if you really need to get a job with us and actually make some money
doughboy 007

Houma, LA

#29 Feb 8, 2009
NC Bunny man,
The fact is Forbes doesn't look at how Flowers doesn't provide benenfits to it's route salesman.They make Forbes magazine for profits and neglect providing a family the basic insurance,accumulated sick time,vacation time off according to seniority, and uniforms to make it's sales force look like the professionals that they are. Shame on Mr. George Desse for not rallying behind the number one sales force because that's why unions convince people that they can get those basic elements and more. Those posted profits are a true indication that Mr.Desse could make a good company even better by just doing what is truly right in the eyes of hard workings Americans.
NC Bunny man wrote:
OUR PRODUCTS TELL HOW WE ARE STABLE VERSUS EVERYONE ELSE
Flowers Foods Named 'Best-Managed' Food Company Among the 400 Best Big Companies in America
Forbes Magazine puts Thomasville-based Flowers Foods No. 1 among food, drink, and tobacco companies
THOMASVILLE, Ga., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) has been named the "best-managed" food company among the 400 best big companies in America by Forbes Magazine. Forbes editors selected Flowers Foods as the best among the 17 companies in the food, drink, and tobacco category that made it on to Forbes' annual Platinum 400 list. This is Flowers Foods' fifth time on the list and the second time the company has been named "best" in its category.
To create the list, the magazine looked at more than 1,000 publicly traded companies with at least $1 billion in revenue and then chose 400 based on financial metrics, earnings forecasts, corporate governance ratings, and other public company information. From that list, Forbes editors picked one best-managed company from each of the 26 industries represented. Forbes selected these companies not just for their financial performance, but also for leadership, innovation, and execution.
In addition, Flowers Foods' stock was one of 15 noted by Forbes as holding up well during recession. Editors looked through the Platinum 400 to see which stocks performed best in 2008 and during the last recession in 2001.
"We're honored to once again be selected as 'best of the best' among our peers by Forbes," said George E. Deese, chairman of the board, CEO, and president. "The entire organization takes pride in our ongoing dedication to executing on our long-term strategy that continues to build value for our shareholders."
"America's Best Big Companies" appears in the January 12, 2009 issue of Forbes and online at www.forbes.com/platinum .
Headquartered in Thomasville, Ga., Flowers Foods, with annual sales of over $2.4 billion, is one of the nation's leading producers and marketers of packaged bakery foods for retail and foodservice customers. Flowers Foods operates 38 bakeries that produce a wide range of bakery products marketed throughout the Southeastern, Southwestern, and mid-Atlantic states via an extensive direct-store-delivery network and nationwide through other delivery systems. Among the company's top brands are Nature's Own, Whitewheat, Cobblestone Mill, Blue Bird, and Mrs. Freshley's. For more information, visit www.flowersfoods.com .
SOURCE Flowers Foods
NC BUNNY MAN

Burlington, NC

#30 Feb 9, 2009
doughboy 007 wrote:
NC Bunny man,
The fact is Forbes doesn't look at how Flowers doesn't provide benenfits to it's route salesman.They make Forbes magazine for profits and neglect providing a family the basic insurance,accumulated sick time,vacation time off according to seniority, and uniforms to make it's sales force look like the professionals that they are. Shame on Mr. George Desse for not rallying behind the number one sales force because that's why unions convince people that they can get those basic elements and more. Those posted profits are a true indication that Mr.Desse could make a good company even better by just doing what is truly right in the eyes of hard workings Americans.<quoted text>
But do you really need to have a uniform to be a professional??? I dress nice and presentable to my customers. You have to think that if the corporate was to provide insuurance..uniforms..benefits ..ETC. Our cost would go out the roof and have to settle on selling for a higher prices, less % of commisions that we sell. We are in the 10 yr investment...You can't look at it as a job. We invest our time and money and build equity over the duration of our employment. We do make the company what it is today.
doughboy 007

Houma, LA

#31 Feb 9, 2009
NC Bunny Man , you understand fully the importance of being truly professional at what you do. You respect your customers,you respect you brands, and most importantly yourself.You go further,and will continue to go far,because of the extra effort.The uniform issue has been addressed by several large chain accounts barring some distributors from wearing improper attire.Vehicles are another issue as far as liability concerns, as well as payments isssues, and tax responsiblities.Imagine the increase in profits if Flowers would have a sales force comprised of people with your integrity.Provide them with the basic employee needs and see what happens, it would amaze you.
NC BUNNY MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
But do you really need to have a uniform to be a professional??? I dress nice and presentable to my customers. You have to think that if the corporate was to provide insuurance..uniforms..benefits ..ETC. Our cost would go out the roof and have to settle on selling for a higher prices, less % of commisions that we sell. We are in the 10 yr investment...You can't look at it as a job. We invest our time and money and build equity over the duration of our employment. We do make the company what it is today.
mellocreme

Tallahassee, FL

#32 Mar 28, 2009
to ill ibc man ive seen what you have done since your emergence from bankruptcy--natures pride-- wow bet you sell alot of that all ive seen is how much stale your pulling on it since i work next to an ibc employee i sell my sara lee product 3-to-1 over that crap you guys offer-- i give you a year at tops and you will be working for us over here at sara lee!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Facts ? (Nov '11) Mar '15 Bimbo 139
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
More from around the web