Flowers files trademark infringement ...

Flowers files trademark infringement against I.B.C.

There are 32 comments on the Bakingbusiness.com story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Flowers files trademark infringement against I.B.C.. In it, Bakingbusiness.com reports that:

Flowers Bakeries Brands, Inc., Thomasville, Ga., filed suit July 23 against Interstate Bakeries Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bakingbusiness.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Another Bread Man

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Aug 4, 2008
Flowers needs to stop acting like a baby , they do the same to everyone else and now did dont like it. they are try to destroy Peperridge farm and arnold but a bankrupt company is scarring them Give me a break
Wonder RSR

Naples, FL

#2 Aug 11, 2008
Flowers Bakeries is suing IBC, alleging a planned product launch is designed to confuse consumers and trade on Flowers' "famous and distinctive" Nature's Own brand. What about Flowers famous Italian bread that looks very close to our Merita D'Italian bread trying to confuse our consumers intentional.
Ive worked for both

Lynchburg, VA

#3 Aug 25, 2008
Flowers may destroy arnolds, but will not destroy pepperidger farm, flowers new pan breads are cobblestone breads being shoved in a natures own bag, due to lack of sales cobblestone was producing. As far as them complaining over the name im not suprised at all! Ibc is a very bad an poorly run company, an its only a matter of time before flowers will fall, dumping millions into a bread line such as peppridgefarm, pepperidge farm is runned by a 5 star company in campbell soup!
Bunny Man

Burlington, NC

#4 Sep 11, 2008
It sounds like there may be a couple of breached employees looming here and crying because their routes got taken back. Flowers is not going anywhere. If you don't believe me ...look at the facts of the books. Profits are always there for flowers, record high increases each and every year. Look at the market % of sales. An increase every years. Look at Shelf space and footage...Always getting more than everyone else. We have a superior product, competitive prices and great workers who take pride in our jobs. We don't look to go and destroy no one. We do not target no particular company. Everyone is taking the fall because they choose not to step up quality of their products and services to the customers.
Wonder

Naples, FL

#5 Sep 11, 2008
superior product, you guys still carry Blue Bird
lowride1960

Richmond, VA

#6 Sep 17, 2008
Amen to Bunny Man!
lowride1960

Richmond, VA

#7 Sep 17, 2008
Amen to Bunny Man.
Route man

Carrollton, MS

#8 Oct 5, 2008
Bunny man you are crazy! Flowers has been run out of my market twice! They are the low man on the pole. They can not compete with IBC. They do not even carry the same name in there markets. And as far as pepperidge farm WHO? They dont even exist.
epalmer

Marshall, AR

#9 Oct 28, 2008
Another Bread Man wrote:
Flowers needs to stop acting like a baby , they do the same to everyone else and now did dont like it. they are try to destroy Peperridge farm and arnold but a bankrupt company is scarring them Give me a break
Has anyone seen the new amended contract? I am looking for someone who can fill me in about it. I write for the Kansas City Star and cover the bankruptcy. [email protected]
Tennessee Breadman

Strawberry Plains, TN

#10 Nov 19, 2008
epalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone seen the new amended contract? I am looking for someone who can fill me in about it. I write for the Kansas City Star and cover the bankruptcy. [email protected]
Write in your paper..."IBC says bend over to all"
They want everybody to take a pay cut,some more than others.Here in Knoxville Tn.they want the salesman to take a $120.00 a week($480.00)Month
The teamsters were all for us at one time...Now
they are not.Everybody should drop out of the union and see how much money they lose.....
Bread man

United States

#11 Nov 19, 2008
Route man(New Albany). I am in the Memphis/North MS market. We are wiping IBC up and spitting them back out. Ashland is at the eastern edge of my market, not far from New Albany. IBC, with their out dated product line, is far from pushing us out.
NC Bunny Man

Burlington, NC

#12 Jan 7, 2009
Wonder RSR wrote:
Flowers Bakeries is suing IBC, alleging a planned product launch is designed to confuse consumers and trade on Flowers' "famous and distinctive" Nature's Own brand. What about Flowers famous Italian bread that looks very close to our Merita D'Italian bread trying to confuse our consumers intentional.
But we don't put our italian bread in stores. It only is sold to restaraunts. Hell if you are going to be a crybaby about it....Then what about the old fashion, thin slice, texas toast....etc. We are in the same business....Put a quality product out and let the customer decide which they want....OH YEAH, they done decided...We won that hands down,.
Wonder

Fort Myers, FL

#13 Jan 7, 2009
Bunny man, first of all i run next to a guy that puts that sorry Italian bread out and your texas toast.By the way its bag looks like it was made with duct tape.(Is that the kind of marketers you people hire) And your old fashion, you couldnt call it Wonder bread so the only thing else you could do is put a rabbit on the bag and use it as feed for pig farmers,etc.
NC Baker

High Point, NC

#14 Jan 7, 2009
NC Bunny Man wrote:
<quoted text>
But we don't put our italian bread in stores. It only is sold to restaraunts. Hell if you are going to be a crybaby about it....Then what about the old fashion, thin slice, texas toast....etc. We are in the same business....Put a quality product out and let the customer decide which they want....OH YEAH, they done decided...We won that hands down,.
Worked for IBC before, union mentality will destroy them.
It's not worth the discussion, they don't and won't understand.
Keep up the good work on the route, looks like you are doing well.
NC Bunny man

Burlington, NC

#15 Jan 12, 2009
Wonder wrote:
Bunny man, first of all i run next to a guy that puts that sorry Italian bread out and your texas toast.By the way its bag looks like it was made with duct tape.(Is that the kind of marketers you people hire) And your old fashion, you couldnt call it Wonder bread so the only thing else you could do is put a rabbit on the bag and use it as feed for pig farmers,etc.
Well it seems to me you like crying like a bitch so bad...If you hate your job that bad...you need to get your ass out and find a new job. I would like for you to show me that texas toast in a duct tape bag...that one is a new one on me...Or has that Wondershit went to your brain.
NC Bunny man

Burlington, NC

#16 Jan 12, 2009
OUR PRODUCTS TELL HOW WE ARE STABLE VERSUS EVERYONE ELSE
Flowers Foods Named 'Best-Managed' Food Company Among the 400 Best Big Companies in America
Forbes Magazine puts Thomasville-based Flowers Foods No. 1 among food, drink, and tobacco companies
THOMASVILLE, Ga., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO) has been named the "best-managed" food company among the 400 best big companies in America by Forbes Magazine. Forbes editors selected Flowers Foods as the best among the 17 companies in the food, drink, and tobacco category that made it on to Forbes' annual Platinum 400 list. This is Flowers Foods' fifth time on the list and the second time the company has been named "best" in its category.
To create the list, the magazine looked at more than 1,000 publicly traded companies with at least $1 billion in revenue and then chose 400 based on financial metrics, earnings forecasts, corporate governance ratings, and other public company information. From that list, Forbes editors picked one best-managed company from each of the 26 industries represented. Forbes selected these companies not just for their financial performance, but also for leadership, innovation, and execution.
In addition, Flowers Foods' stock was one of 15 noted by Forbes as holding up well during recession. Editors looked through the Platinum 400 to see which stocks performed best in 2008 and during the last recession in 2001.
"We're honored to once again be selected as 'best of the best' among our peers by Forbes," said George E. Deese, chairman of the board, CEO, and president. "The entire organization takes pride in our ongoing dedication to executing on our long-term strategy that continues to build value for our shareholders."
"America's Best Big Companies" appears in the January 12, 2009 issue of Forbes and online at www.forbes.com/platinum .
Headquartered in Thomasville, Ga., Flowers Foods, with annual sales of over $2.4 billion, is one of the nation's leading producers and marketers of packaged bakery foods for retail and foodservice customers. Flowers Foods operates 38 bakeries that produce a wide range of bakery products marketed throughout the Southeastern, Southwestern, and mid-Atlantic states via an extensive direct-store-delivery network and nationwide through other delivery systems. Among the company's top brands are Nature's Own, Whitewheat, Cobblestone Mill, Blue Bird, and Mrs. Freshley's. For more information, visit www.flowersfoods.com .
SOURCE Flowers Foods
route man

United States

#17 Jan 12, 2009
BREAD MAN i know where Ashland is. It has one store.
Give me a break. Come a little further south. You can not even whip your on ass in my market.
ILL IBC

Chatham, IL

#18 Jan 15, 2009
Bunny Man, Flowers is just a small part of the over all market, IBC has won awards for best new product with the 100 cal packs, it is featured in magazines of all kids and endorsed by weight watchers, while our bread may not be supported by them neither is yours, Sara Lee takes the honors there , so if broken down , all companies can crow about something, just remember this, when IBC comes out of BK which it will, it will once again take over the market and thats why you and sara lee or so quick to put them down as you know they wil be a threat to your lively hood.
nature own man

United States

#19 Jan 18, 2009
ibc product is low grade bread that's why there trying to sell it so cheap.There company i so stupied that there selling there product hell of lot cheaper them there competitors when they are almost going under,maybe they sould price the same as there competitors,because its not helping there sells.Flowers product will always be a high seller because there disturbers care about there product and a lot of there disturders do call backs and that is a #1 key in this business,and having a great support team to back us at all time.I'm one disturder that can said I love my job, because I have the honer of selling the best product out there hands down.
ILL IBC wrote:
Bunny Man, Flowers is just a small part of the over all market, IBC has won awards for best new product with the 100 cal packs, it is featured in magazines of all kids and endorsed by weight watchers, while our bread may not be supported by them neither is yours, Sara Lee takes the honors there , so if broken down , all companies can crow about something, just remember this, when IBC comes out of BK which it will, it will once again take over the market and thats why you and sara lee or so quick to put them down as you know they wil be a threat to your lively hood.
Wonder

East Orange, NJ

#20 Jan 18, 2009
Its not that we are selling it for so cheap, its just that we are giving back to the consumer. You know kinda like costumer appreciation. Sorry we are not price gauging like the competitors and bleeding these people like OPEC. Where is your integrity? Probably went out the window when you went over to the dark side. From what i learned about the Flowers breed is that you guys are nothing but non union, tax invading, no shirt wearing, insurance lacking, Blue bird selling low class SCABS from the south. I guess they would just hire anyone there. No class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Facts ? (Nov '11) Mar '15 Bimbo 139
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
More from around the web