IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Fac...
IL IBC

Lincoln, IL

#83 Aug 15, 2012
As to being bought out nothing at this time other than they want to sale of Merita. They are now about to bring us a proposal to vote on, we know it is suppose to include at least, the sale of merita, cuts in benefits and at least a 5% pay cut.
What we will have to decide is if we turn it down will they liquidate or will they use this in court as an excuse to reject contracts saying they met the letter of the law and bargained in good faith until impasse.
Going forward the fate of this company will be up to the members who have constantly taken all the burden and have been treated as if they don" count.
wonderman

East Orange, NJ

#84 Aug 19, 2012
DONE wrote:
It is only matter of time and management you will have to go screw up someother company and the lives of there employees. Do everyone a favor where your wonder clown outfits so we know who you are and can run like hell. Your tile will come KARMA is a bitch.
you dont make 22 % and youll never get the bread as a deal is already done we had the meeting and the vote will pass.plus no one wants a second rate bread in north east.we already have freihoffer if you dont give it away it doesnt sell.about sara lee isnt being delivered in northeast bread or cake .not allowed to be delivered in union areas unless delivered by union member.that was also voted down.no matter what you think of wonder bread it will always be the number one bread name in the world and will always have people asking for it.our market share shrunk we have half the space of the competitors and our numbers in the northeast are still as high as bimbo brands .meaning we sell as much as a company that owns the whole bread isle .as for flowers never gonna make it in northeast .we up here dont buy or eat second rate bread .delivered by second rate drivers making not even enough to survive .after gas insurance and benifits.oh you must be one of those obama care welfare cases.no dental no teeth .pull your trailer up here ill rent you part of my lawn.
badhostess

Concord, CA

#85 Aug 19, 2012
5%cut on your check is 60 bucks . so 2mil.a month we are loosing 18 mil. do the math
breadman69

Chepachet, RI

#86 Aug 20, 2012
I work for Bimbo and I make much more than all you losers!
Naturally Own

Naples, FL

#87 Aug 20, 2012
All you have is a name(Wonder bread) in which you are destroying.Natures own is not a second rate brand, just look at the charts Its actually the #1 selling variety bread in the US. Why are you attacking the distributors anyway? Whats really your problem?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#88 Aug 20, 2012
ive been on the wonder side for 12 years , then in 2007 I had a feeling things were gonna get worse before it gets better . I purchased a route from Flowersfoods and its been the best decision I ever made. Wonder and Merita is a dying brand . The people who are eatting it now are from the old days and when they are gone so are your bread. Flowers is hardly second rate and we distributors make our business what it is. Ive seen the attitudes of Union Drivers and their " gimme what I deserve " mentality does to a company. You can either get with the times or keep telling yourself youll pull thru this. Your own company dont even think you guys will pull thru this .
crazy

Dallas, GA

#89 Aug 21, 2012
badhostess wrote:
5%cut on your check is 60 bucks . so 2mil.a month we are loosing 18 mil. do the math
turned out to be 8% pay cut,plus more loses to insurance
IBC Employee

Ocean Park, WA

#90 Aug 23, 2012
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>turned out to be 8% pay cut,plus more loses to insurance

I know I am feeling the love :/
corbin

Brownsville, TN

#91 Aug 25, 2012
Can some of the employees on here share how much your base pay is and where you are from? I work at the London depot and ours is $113.00 I mean seriously I don't know how much more they want from us. Many of our men are only bringing home $300.00 a week!
IL IBC

Lincoln, IL

#92 Aug 26, 2012
Base Pay here in central IL is 224 with the last raise.
Most feel that the pay cut will equal another 6500 a yr loss not counting the Ins cost and basically the loss of our pensions.
If accepted how many of the other companies will start to follow suit?This industry is all about more for less.
Sara Lee expects changes in their structure as soon as their contracts run out.
Job market sucks where will 20,000 of us find work if we turn it down and they liquidate?Yet how do we feed our families if we accept it?Let's not forget that they have already filed that they may have to re-enter bankruptcy in 3 yrs.
Damn if we do and Damn if we don't
Butternut provided a good living over the years but those days are long gone. IBC til the end though.
gfr

Waseca, MN

#93 Aug 27, 2012
dl;;d
newroute

Waseca, MN

#94 Aug 27, 2012
i heard flowers is getting the merita label in alabama during the beginning of the year. anyone else hear about flowers purchasing merita?
The Bread Legend

Fayetteville, NC

#95 Aug 28, 2012
IBC is the most mismanaged company ever in the bread business.Just think, Merita Bread, Wonder Bread, and Hostess Cakes and still lost millions. From the top to bottom everybody sucks. Dumbass uppermanagement,sorry ass union trying to screw each other.Lazy shit workers! We could go on and on, but the party is over, the train has left the station, the ship has sailed.But this legend will never die,I'm the maker, baker, what every breadman strives to be. Call me hero, the great one, your champion. But because of a lot of company and union people, I'm soon to be a legend on the soup line,and unempolyed " King of all Breadman, just looking for 1 more route to run! LEGEND OUT
crazy

Dallas, GA

#96 Sep 5, 2012
IL IBC wrote:
As to being bought out nothing at this time other than they want to sale of Merita. They are now about to bring us a proposal to vote on, we know it is suppose to include at least, the sale of merita, cuts in benefits and at least a 5% pay cut.
What we will have to decide is if we turn it down will they liquidate or will they use this in court as an excuse to reject contracts saying they met the letter of the law and bargained in good faith until impasse.
Going forward the fate of this company will be up to the members who have constantly taken all the burden and have been treated as if they don" count.
im voting against another pay cut,screw this company,and the unions.their offer is a joke.'if' is a big word.whos to say board members want vote them selfs another big bonus,thats what they did in august,before filing in January.putting two union guys on board of directors just tells me they bought off unions.if they liquidate they don't have a job either!!!!VOTE NO PEOPLE,TIRED IN ATLANTA
crazy

Dallas, GA

#97 Sep 5, 2012
newroute wrote:
i heard flowers is getting the merita label in alabama during the beginning of the year. anyone else hear about flowers purchasing merita?
FLOWERS HAS BEEN AFTER MERITA FOR YEARS,MERTA SCREWED UP 40 YEARS AGO WHEN ,THEY SOLD THEIR RIGHTS TO FLOWERS,IN ATLANTA AREA.WE NEVER RECOVERED.SELLING MERTA LABEL IN SOUTH IS A BIG MISTAKE.HELL SELL NASTY DOLLY MADISON.WHO MAKES THESE DUMN ASS DECISIONS.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#98 Sep 5, 2012
NatureboyOwn wrote:
ive been on the wonder side for 12 years , then in 2007 I had a feeling things were gonna get worse before it gets better . I purchased a route from Flowersfoods and its been the best decision I ever made. Wonder and Merita is a dying brand . The people who are eatting it now are from the old days and when they are gone so are your bread. Flowers is hardly second rate and we distributors make our business what it is. Ive seen the attitudes of Union Drivers and their " gimme what I deserve " mentality does to a company. You can either get with the times or keep telling yourself youll pull thru this. Your own company dont even think you guys will pull thru this .
ITS NOT WORKERS,ITS MANAGEMENT,AND BOARD MEMBERS,IF YOU WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.THEY HAVE SCREWED WORKERS LONG ENOUGH.GO SELL YOUR NASTY BREAD.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#99 Sep 5, 2012
IL IBC wrote:
call their bluff they want have jobs either.they are screwing us again.this will happen again in 3 years, need new management team.vote no, if were stuck with same management.
rosa the fairy

Knoxville, TN

#100 Sep 5, 2012
Knoxville, Tn makes just over 13 an hour. Im sure 8% is a drop in the bucket to someone making $100,000 a year, but $30,000? UT Knoxville recently published a study saying that for lights rent and water, you need to make $14.75 an hour. With todays inflation, thats about what minimum wage used to cover a few decades ago. And also %3 raises over the next five years! What is that going to do? Voting No anyway cause were barely getting by as it is.
Danielle

Darby, PA

#101 Sep 10, 2012
I have from a good source that Meritta bread is pulling out of Florida which means more unemployment in Florida
crazy

Dallas, GA

#102 Sep 10, 2012
Danielle wrote:
I have from a good source that Meritta bread is pulling out of Florida which means more unemployment in Florida
selling merita in south is a mistake,only bread that sells.vote no...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
News Twinkies could be back on store shelves by summer (Apr '13) May '13 Dude 10
More from around the web