IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Fac...
unknown

Richmond, VA

#62 Apr 14, 2012
flowers guy wrote:
YES SIR FLOWERS GUYS WORK THERE ASS OFF BUT MAKE GOOD MONEY. I VE BEEN ON A FLOWERS ROUTE FOR 8 YEARS IN FLORIDA. ALL THE DRIVERS HERE MAKE AN AVERAGE OF 1500.00 A WEEK. I MAKE A BIT MORE BUT I ALSO SELL AN AVERAGE OF 18000.00 A WEEK. I ALSO WORK SEVEN DAYS A WEEK ]
so what if u are not a hostess rep
crazy

Dallas, GA

#63 May 6, 2012
eye wonder wrote:
I have heard that FRITO LAY is very interested in buying Hostess cakes. Makes sense.
brian drisco came from frito.hell they dont want you loser company.
ILL IBC

Lincoln, IL

#64 May 7, 2012
Well so far Frito is not a name associated with Hostess, Merita is going to be sold off and those contracts rejected as filed in recent court documents, bakers are being presented an offer which they will accept and the Teamsters will be bringing an offer to the table soon as well.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#65 May 9, 2012
eye wonder wrote:
I have heard that FRITO LAY is very interested in buying Hostess cakes. Makes sense.
not really they dont want a bunch of old dogs.
Facts

Tallahassee, FL

#66 May 9, 2012
eye wonder wrote:
I would think there are two primary obstacles to a purchase of the company as a whole entity. First there is a huge unfunded liability in the pension costs that a buyer would have to assume.
The only candidates with enough cash/stock offer would face antitrust issues in overlapping markets. Perhaps the company could sell off assets piecemeal in areas the other non labor union companies are not currently serving. This is problematic because they can and do build new bakeries to expand into new markets. There is only one company that both builds new bakeries and heavily invests in the latest technology. The Teamsters are excelent with their strategy and will be the key to a company turnaround. Look for them to give up their multi-employer pensions and relax their work rules in order for management to increase their ROI.The workers will not mind working longer hours as long as they are allowed to work on Wednesdays and Weekends like the other companies. Also, look for Hostess to keep prices below the profitable companies higer margins in order to maintain bankruptcy status that will beat the previous U.S record in length.
xoxo

Petersburg, VA

#67 May 9, 2012
Huh
crazy

Dallas, GA

#68 May 9, 2012
Nc BunnyMan wrote:
What is everyone hearing across the states about this? I feel change is coming soon ,!
change has got to be coming.thrift stores are losing money selling fresh product to vendors,cake and bread,drivers cant get bussiness when thrift stores are saleing to restaurants,gas stations,schools,etc.
cakeman

Memphis, TN

#69 May 10, 2012
get rid of all management and executives they are all bastards
over worked under paid

Piedmont, SC

#70 May 18, 2012
Nc BunnyMan wrote:
Come on and start applying with Flowers Bakery....we'll show you how to sell bread and be successful ! Union Free !! I'm smart enough that I don't need some kind of union telling me what to do. If I wanna make more money....then I just learn how to sell more and be productive on the market. Talk is being rumored that 2012 is the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar....I believe they had Hostess on their brain back then. Flowers Bakery will be one standing in line to fight to buy the company. I won't have any problem selling Merita or Wonder bread and making 22% commission.
Buddy I hate to tell you but Flowers has the about the same management structure as IBC....back in 2005 when George Westin (now Bimbo) bought Best Foods they changed the middle management structure which has put and will keep Bimbo out front. I've got to see both Flowers and Bimbo's operations....and from talking to IBC guys theres not much difference between Flowers and IBC.....
crazy

Dallas, GA

#71 May 18, 2012
over worked under paid wrote:
<quoted text>Buddy I hate to tell you but Flowers has the about the same management structure as IBC....back in 2005 when George Westin (now Bimbo) bought Best Foods they changed the middle management structure which has put and will keep Bimbo out front. I've got to see both Flowers and Bimbo's operations....and from talking to IBC guys theres not much difference between Flowers and IBC.....
you tell him overworked,i agree with you..
karen

United States

#72 May 22, 2012
Hostess better stay in business, they are the BEST CUPCAKES ever!!
xoxo

Petersburg, VA

#73 May 22, 2012
Hey thanks
breadman69

Chepachet, RI

#74 May 22, 2012
Their cupcakes actually suck compared to other brands. Karen needs a taste bud transplant surgery. I'm kind of sick of this "crazy" guy flapping his gums. Buddy, practice what you preach with the God stuff and be a "good fella" and GFY! He honestly sounds like a rambling IDIOT.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#75 May 22, 2012
breadman69 wrote:
Their cupcakes actually suck compared to other brands. Karen needs a taste bud transplant surgery. I'm kind of sick of this "crazy" guy flapping his gums. Buddy, practice what you preach with the God stuff and be a "good fella" and GFY! He honestly sounds like a rambling IDIOT.
hope your soul has been saved,may God forgive you of your nasty ways.I do practice what i preach,and pray often thur out the day,even for you breadman69.
doe runer

Tallahassee, FL

#76 Jun 12, 2012
ah latest rumor is flowers bout mertia.just a rumor till told different..flowers is a great company,its a family.bake da best n taste da rest.
doe runer

Tallahassee, FL

#77 Jun 12, 2012
with flowers u start a buinsness not a job. this is only for those who are commited,and wana grow their their buisness. yes we are not off on holidays or even close to that we spend alot off time away from our everyday functions with family n loved ones,but,,we are taken care of. their is nothinng wrong with our management structure,they are out workin,and finding new buisness all the time. i have no problem with that, its making me get more money and gain equity in my buisness..when i leave i will leave with what i worked for and build my rt to be.failurenis not an option with us.thats y we strive to b the best.and i am da best
merita

Tallahassee, FL

#78 Jun 13, 2012
Flowers don't want the Jacksonville plant.. too much liability with the union
Miami

Tallahassee, FL

#79 Jun 13, 2012
Don't blame the thrift stores for your lack of sales..Why are you called "Route sales" the routes have become lacking in selling more product to promote there own sales, that they've become dough boys, who just delivers bread and drives to the next stop, Wanna blame everyone else for your laziness in selling
Miami

Tallahassee, FL

#80 Jun 13, 2012
How are the thrift stores losing money selling fresh product?? If you were doing your job in keeping your vendors. they wouldn't be going to the thrift stores..go back to school and learn how to sell
TN sweet

Knoxville, TN

#81 Jul 19, 2012
twinkielover wrote:
and what exactly do you want the workforce to take home 400 a week you moron!ITS ALRIGHT FOR THE SUITS TO MAKE HIGH SIX FIGURED SALARY THATS YOUR WORLD IDIOT.WE DONT MAKE THAT MUCH ATHOSTESS CONSIDERING HOURS WORKED AND THE JUNK WE HAVE TO DRIVE.You sound like a company hack on your knees with brian.We could point out hundreds of things in waste that this outfit do,s daily.This aint nothing but a union busting labor chapter 11 backdoor by a bunch of crooks who have squanderd millions hiring there buddies at six figures.Mitt romney would love these tactics right out of his playbook,must be there hero.There not bankrupt there just theives stealing whatever money is left.Why the hell we stay here is beyond me maybe loyalty to twinkie.Your either a company kneeler or some dumb burger flipper who has no idea what the hell your talking about.Were nmaking money i see it but the managment team is incompetant and wasting or downright stealing take your choice!
I say its time for some action. This whole thing with hostess and the union is stagnant. We the people need to clean house. My grandfather fought in WWII for this? The American dream is a nightmare. Real Americans agree on real real issues and the election is not going to repair anything. Americans storming DC and physically doing away with ridiculous laws, putiing in prison all white collar criminals, etc. That is now my American dream. But, we are too weak to make that happen. So, I am left to wonder, What does my child's future look like?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
News Twinkies could be back on store shelves by summer (Apr '13) May '13 Dude 10
More from around the web