IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Fac...
aunt millie worker

Roseville, MI

#22 Jan 17, 2012
i don't know who is worse, wonder or aunt millie's. aunt millie used to be in the top 10 best companies in Michigan, now it's in the bottom 5. Greed has set in, in the aunt millie family [can't mention their name, they are out of fort wayne, in.] 6-8 years ago they hired supervisors from a failing company [taystee bread]. aunt millies has been going down since. lots of greed and very poor mgn.[wonder hired some of them in detroit also] for exammple, the driver payed nothing for health ins. offer to pay some of it, company screwed them good, their now paying $240.00 a WEEK "WEEK" it's very sad. the drivers and workers worked very very hard to make aunt millies #1 in all michigan..
the truth wrote:
This is the worst run company in the country. Corporate raider after corporate raider was hired whos only interest was to line their own pockets. This company only has a chance if they hire someone who wants to work hard to improve the market not their golden parachute.
Should have pulled the plug on bread during the first bankruptcy its a dead market. Grow the cake, ditch the bread and someone tell ripplewood it takes time and effort to make this work it don't happen overnight or by itself.
Worst management ever.
it just HAS 2B my fault

Neenah, WI

#23 Jan 18, 2012
In our neck-of-the woods the Private Contractors are selling their routes. These guys are not selling and retiring, just getting out.

So, you private contractors - how much of the proverbial pie is left after all your expenses are taken out - including health insurance - at the end of the month?
Dead Horse

United States

#24 Jan 18, 2012
Got a letter today from the Teamsters about my pension. Was supposed to get 2500.00 after 30 years. Age 51. Now I get 800.00 at age 57. I know I'm an idiot, but I'm going to ride this horse til it dies. 5 weeks paid vacation is only thing keeping me here. I can still make what I made 6 years ago, if I work all 7 days.
sc bunny girl angel jones

Spartanburg, SC

#25 Jan 18, 2012
i agree with you, flowers food will overcome and be the best in the bread bussiness doing things the flowers way 2012
flowers

United States

#26 Jan 18, 2012
Dead Horse wrote:
Got a letter today from the Teamsters about my pension. Was supposed to get 2500.00 after 30 years. Age 51. Now I get 800.00 at age 57. I know I'm an idiot, but I'm going to ride this horse til it dies. 5 weeks paid vacation is only thing keeping me here. I can still make what I made 6 years ago, if I work all 7 days.
Thats the dummies thing I ever heard.You go right ahead and stay with that dieing company.you are very confused.
willie

Terre Haute, IN

#27 Jan 25, 2012
Interstate was always successful until they bought wonder/hostess. It was a Trojan horse that brought them down. The wonder/hostess business was losing money by the truckload. IBC thought they would buy up the competition with government approval because their bankruptcy was imminent. We were involved in that business in 1996 when it happened. We are not the most astute of men, but we could see it was crazy unless they changed that company's structure. They did not. Now they are paying the price that they deserve. The government will probably bail them out also, after a big campaign check is delivered to the powers that be.
Farmboy

Lakeville, MN

#28 Jan 25, 2012
Working in the Twin Cities, Sara Lee makes $250 a week more the we do. Pan-O-Gold makes $350 per week more wages and benefits. We all belong to the same Teamsters local! Don't know how the hell I keep getting up and going to work everyday! I've been here nearly 26 years and the only thing keeping from jumping ship right now is the steady paycheck, the health insurance and the hope that a decent outfit will purchase us and help drag us out of misery!
WonderOBiss

Rochester, MN

#29 Jan 25, 2012
Farmboy wrote:
Working in the Twin Cities, Sara Lee makes $250 a week more the we do. Pan-O-Gold makes $350 per week more wages and benefits. We all belong to the same Teamsters local! Don't know how the hell I keep getting up and going to work everyday! I've been here nearly 26 years and the only thing keeping from jumping ship right now is the steady paycheck, the health insurance and the hope that a decent outfit will purchase us and help drag us out of misery!
Farmboy....... Have you seen a big change in the amount of business Bimbo/Sara Lee is doing up there since the merger? They have huge displays everywhere down here, I can't sell anything it seems. They sure seem to be a well oiled machine very quickly.
Hang in there troops
breaddman1

Eagle, ID

#30 Jan 29, 2012
andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bimbo has brought nothing out of late. They acquire other companies here in the USA.
Bimbo is hiring around here in Chi.
Bimbo makes smart purchases {like Sara Lee} thats why theyre at the top, they dont take on titanics. enough said The only thing theyll be taking over is all the shelf space.
Naturally Own

Naples, FL

#31 Jan 30, 2012
How do you IBC employees feel about the media painting you guys into being money hungry dogs? Don't they realize you guys already took a huge pay cut a couple of years back. You were also promised to get it back when they became a stand alone company. In that same week when they finalized everything the depot managers were given new blackberry cell phones,laptops and a new handle "District Sales Manager" which land them a 10-20 thousand raise. They won't post that. What the hell is a blackberry anyway?
randy

United States

#32 Feb 1, 2012
Doughboy wrote:
IBC Plants are too out dated for anyone to purchase the company. Hefty pensions and super high costs for healthcare has brought this and many other companies down. Look at Sara Lee Baking Group, they were on the same track until Bimbo Baking bought them. Why is Bimbo Baking so successful? Smart Management, Independent Operator structure limits expensive healthcare and pensions. You have to invest and keep updating plants and be inovative, Bimbo is the only baking company bringing new products to the market. But then everyone else keeps trying to copy them. Bimbo has the vision and expertise that no one else has. Wonder if their hiring?
Why is it that everyone says that penison's have something to do with the company's down fall. Did you know that Bimbo has the same union pension plan in atleast some of there plants that hostess does.mmmm Now I can undrestand the insurance part and that's it. My wages pay for the pension and to take that away is not right not after 26 years. Now they want to negotiate my wages and maybe brign them down a little I might, but to take away something I've worked years for is just not right. Start at the top cutting them down without giveing bonuses and when you get to the one's makeing them money we might be willing to negotiate.
smartened up

Strong, ME

#33 Feb 4, 2012
Im A FORMER second generation wonder/hostess/drakes route salesman. A total of just over 50 yrs combined, all in ny city.

when i started making less then 65k a year at 35 hrs a week, just after the first bankrupcy, I started to look elseware.anything less isnt union wage.

now I own my own route in New Hampshire "BIMBO USA "
98K PER YEAR - OVERHEAD 23K = 75K PER YEAR. AND IN THE WINTER WICH IS 9 M0NTHS A YEAR, I WORK A 4 DAY WEEK AT 8 HOURS A DAY WITH ONLY 3 - 4 STOPS A DAY

MOVE ON MY FORMER BROTHERS

REMEMBER IF THE COMPANY GOES UNDER AND NO ONE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PENSSION FUND THE GOVERMENT WILL ONLY INSURE THE PENSION AT A CRAP RATE

Arnold, Thomas English, Frihoffer, entenmanns,Bobali pizza,waight watchers, and Sara Lee Bread as of March 31st 2012, ALL ON ONE FUCKING INVOICE !!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER YOU CANT FIX STUPID
NEW TO YOU

Johnson City, TN

#34 Feb 6, 2012
andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bimbo bought Sara Lee. They have unions also. Think.
No unions at BIMBO check out their site and Sara Lee for open routes!
Merita man in NC

Fort Bragg, NC

#35 Feb 8, 2012
The company has convinced a large portion of America through television and newspapers that the unions are to blame. This an absolute lie. We haven't had a new contract in 10 years. We keep rollIng over the old one and making concessions to help save a bunch of morons. I myself am tired of giving back to a company that doesn't use it wisely. You can't hire potato chip and cracker people to run a bread business. We need to start hiring from within whether you have a degree or not. A degree doesn't teach you how to do a job, experience does. When you continue to leave the decIsion making up to someone who has never ran a bread route then this is what you get.
Hostess worker

Cabot, AR

#36 Feb 8, 2012
Merita man I agree with you. They are making it look like it is the workers and unions fault that this company is gone down Again. Why don't they tell about concessions we gave last time, how about the 6.5 million they gave to Craig Jung to run the company after last bankrupcty or the other millions given to him to leave after he failed, or how about millions to other CEO's to run the company who failed? Cut me to 4 hours per day but expect 8 hours work. Blame me but don't blame the company. You know it!!!!!!!!! The way I look at it, I am in a position to spread the truth to the public and that's what I am doing....
Merita man in NC

Fort Bragg, NC

#37 Feb 8, 2012
Hostess man we are on the same page. They have the public believing the union and workers are greedy. They don't however tell they want to cut our pay in half basically. This is after they already took 150 dollars a week from us last time. That will put our average driver taking home less than 300 dollars per week. That is not something that they are putting out to the public.
Breadman

Advance, NC

#38 Feb 8, 2012
i was told that flowers bought rockey mount and tampa fl.and more to come.
Sick of IT

Providence, RI

#39 Feb 8, 2012
See Wall Street Journal post just a few hours ago. Hostess has ask for court permission to give Driscoll an employment deal of 1.5 mil a year plus incentives! Nice, real frigging nice.
Bread guy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#40 Feb 8, 2012
I was wondering how much IBC paid to have twinkies in that Chevy Superbowl ad.
Hostess worker

Cabot, AR

#41 Feb 8, 2012
Sick of it oh yes let's give Driscoll 1.5 mil but let's take all we can from employees. What a deal to get out of bankruptcy. I done gave an arm they are not getting a leg. Maybe when we all hit the streets Driscoll can do the work to earn his money. Lot of positions for him to fill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
News Twinkies could be back on store shelves by summer (Apr '13) May '13 Dude 10
More from around the web