United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Judged:

What is everyone hearing across the states about this? I feel change is coming soon ,!
eye wonder

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

I have heard that FRITO LAY is very interested in buying Hostess cakes. Makes sense.
sivicman

Perrysburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

eye wonder wrote:
I have heard that FRITO LAY is very interested in buying Hostess cakes. Makes sense.
Yeah I've heard that too, but I also heard Hershey wanted just the cake portion of the company too. I don't why anyone in their right mind would want this company.
Breadman

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

I have heard that flowers is interested in part of ibc the cakes to make cake routes in the south and some bakerys and the merita label.I thank you will see something happen after the first of the years
Naturally Own

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

sivicman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I've heard that too, but I also heard Hershey wanted just the cake portion of the company too. I don't why anyone in their right mind would want this company.
No one likes to see a dog suffer. Finally someone will do the right thing by putting this old dog down.
worn out route in Idaho

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I've heard twinkie the kid will no longer exist after jan.2012 to much in the hole $ wise for any company to look at. Hard to believe? Where the hell did all the money go? our decrease in pay never came back? I'm still out there pushing,working way to many hours and not even getting a thank-you from management. I use to be a believer now maybe it's time to get out?
Doughboy

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

IBC Plants are too out dated for anyone to purchase the company. Hefty pensions and super high costs for healthcare has brought this and many other companies down. Look at Sara Lee Baking Group, they were on the same track until Bimbo Baking bought them. Why is Bimbo Baking so successful? Smart Management, Independent Operator structure limits expensive healthcare and pensions. You have to invest and keep updating plants and be inovative, Bimbo is the only baking company bringing new products to the market. But then everyone else keeps trying to copy them. Bimbo has the vision and expertise that no one else has. Wonder if their hiring?
andy

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Doughboy wrote:
IBC Plants are too out dated for anyone to purchase the company. Hefty pensions and super high costs for healthcare has brought this and many other companies down. Look at Sara Lee Baking Group, they were on the same track until Bimbo Baking bought them. Why is Bimbo Baking so successful? Smart Management, Independent Operator structure limits expensive healthcare and pensions. You have to invest and keep updating plants and be inovative, Bimbo is the only baking company bringing new products to the market. But then everyone else keeps trying to copy them. Bimbo has the vision and expertise that no one else has. Wonder if their hiring?
Bimbo bought Sara Lee. They have unions also. Think.
andy

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Doughboy wrote:
Look at Sara Lee Baking Group, they were on the same track until Bimbo Baking bought them. Why is Bimbo Baking so successful? Smart Management, Independent Operator structure limits expensive healthcare and pensions. You have to invest and keep updating plants and be inovative, Bimbo is the only baking company bringing new products to the market. But then everyone else keeps trying to copy them. Bimbo has the vision and expertise that no one else has. Wonder if their hiring?
Bimbo has brought nothing out of late. They acquire other companies here in the USA.

Bimbo is hiring around here in Chi.
DONE

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Judged:

Thank god it is over. I am out in 1 more week. Good luck to the rest get smart and get out this company does not care about employees at all.
sivicman

Perrysburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

DONE wrote:
Thank god it is over. I am out in 1 more week. Good luck to the rest get smart and get out this company does not care about employees at all.
Get out now, the ship is sinking fast.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
the truth

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

This is the worst run company in the country. Corporate raider after corporate raider was hired whos only interest was to line their own pockets. This company only has a chance if they hire someone who wants to work hard to improve the market not their golden parachute.

Should have pulled the plug on bread during the first bankruptcy its a dead market. Grow the cake, ditch the bread and someone tell ripplewood it takes time and effort to make this work it don't happen overnight or by itself.

Worst management ever.
EX Breadman

Warwick, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Hostess is the only brand that anyone would want
Fritoay Rep12years

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

It's sad. The bread guys work their asses off..feel bad cuz we're all coworkers in the vending world and people just trying to put food on the table..Shame on you IBC
Breadpusher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

It still amazes me that the only new people hired are in supervisory positions at our bakery. They say the unions are to blame but I only made $25,500 last year, not a big bucks job. It would be nice if the company would just admit they didn't change with the times soon enough, cut middle management, and make those they kept work as opposed to blaming my rich ass.
Nc BunnyMan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Come on and start applying with Flowers Bakery....we'll show you how to sell bread and be successful ! Union Free !! I'm smart enough that I don't need some kind of union telling me what to do. If I wanna make more money....then I just learn how to sell more and be productive on the market. Talk is being rumored that 2012 is the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar....I believe they had Hostess on their brain back then. Flowers Bakery will be one standing in line to fight to buy the company. I won't have any problem selling Merita or Wonder bread and making 22% commission.
DONE

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

It is only matter of time and management you will have to go screw up someother company and the lives of there employees. Do everyone a favor where your wonder clown outfits so we know who you are and can run like hell. Your tile will come KARMA is a bitch.
Tip Top

Cullowhee, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

I hate to see this happen. Worked for Tip Top bakery then got bought out by Millbrook and then By IBC. Retired from IBC. Worked many a long day. I hope my friends who still work their make it OK
ddc

Scottdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

i hope you dont think this is just wonder being run this way most are done like this the company just wants more and more out of you almost no family time and you do it for less and less each year while management rakes it in i also work for one of the major companies i hope they all go under it would serve them right i as well as most have had enough
twinkielover

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Judged:

Doughboy wrote:
and what exactly do you want the workforce to take home 400 a week you moron!ITS ALRIGHT FOR THE SUITS TO MAKE HIGH SIX FIGURED SALARY THATS YOUR WORLD IDIOT.WE DONT MAKE THAT MUCH AT HOSTESS CONSIDERING HOURS WORKED AND THE JUNK WE HAVE TO DRIVE.You sound like a company hack on your knees with brian.We could point out hundreds of things in waste that this outfit do,s daily.This aint nothing but a union busting labor chapter 11 backdoor by a bunch of crooks who have squanderd millions hiring there buddies at six figures.Mitt romney would love these tactics right out of his playbook,must be there hero.There not bankrupt there just theives stealing whatever money is left.Why the hell we stay here is beyond me maybe loyalty to twinkie.Your either a company kneeler or some dumb burger flipper who has no idea what the hell your talking about.Were nmaking money i see it but the managment team is incompetant and wasting or downright stealing take your choice!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Search the Interstate Bakeries Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
Twinkies could be back on store shelves by summer (Apr '13) May '13 Dude 10
•••
•••