Big raises for bakers union officials

Big raises for bakers union officials

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#1 Nov 21, 2012
Even though his union lost roughly 30% of its membership over the last decade and Frank Hurt condemns the pay cuts and other concessions his members took at Hostess, as the union’s president, Hurt saw his total compensation rise nearly 45%–from $181,840 in 2000 to $262,654 in 2011, according to Department of Labor reports.

http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/rrlo/...
franco

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Nov 21, 2012
god will judge them one day if they are not judged before hand. how can they live with themself. must be perty dark in there
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#3 Dec 8, 2012
Notice how none of the kool aid drinking bakers have nothing to say about this...morons.
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#4 Dec 9, 2012
To Brian:
One last question to Brian: Do you believe in GOD?????????? I do!!!!!!!!!!
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Hey thrown to the curb, what does believing in God have to do with your union officials giving themselves a raise after they lost 18,500 jobs.
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#6 Dec 11, 2012
deyquan wrote:
Hey thrown to the curb, what does believing in God have to do with your union officials giving themselves a raise after they lost 18,500 jobs.
If you believe in God you would not be talking and harassing people when they are having rough times. It was not about the union...it is about YOU and the way you think. God believes people should help one another NOT harass people the way you and Brian are doing. Be it right or wrong it was the bakers decision what to do NOT again NOT yours. I am helping a lot of people that worked there and NOT judging their decision. How about helping people out? Oh, I forgot you like to talk trash to the people. Remember one of these days you will have to explain yourself to a higher power. If you do not understand what I just said I will put it in terms you can understand....BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Oh by the way Hostess admitted it STOLE monies from their employees. Commandment number 7 "YOU SHALL NOT STEAL".
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#7 Dec 11, 2012
thrown to the curb wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in God you would not be talking and harassing people when they are having rough times. It was not about the union...it is about YOU and the way you think. God believes people should help one another NOT harass people the way you and Brian are doing. Be it right or wrong it was the bakers decision what to do NOT again NOT yours. I am helping a lot of people that worked there and NOT judging their decision. How about helping people out? Oh, I forgot you like to talk trash to the people. Remember one of these days you will have to explain yourself to a higher power. If you do not understand what I just said I will put it in terms you can understand....BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Oh by the way Hostess admitted it STOLE monies from their employees. Commandment number 7 "YOU SHALL NOT STEAL".
Oh please, you are a kool aid drinking moron. You deserved to lose your job.
thrown to the curb

Peoria, IL

#8 Dec 11, 2012
deyquan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, you are a kool aid drinking moron. You deserved to lose your job.
Oh you must have forgot already I have another job. Remember BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!
crazy

Dallas, GA

#9 Dec 12, 2012
thrown to the curb,i wouldnt waste my time responding to deyquan,he doesnt understand,and who cares.we made our decision,hes the moron,has nothing better to do,than try and upset anyone who will listen to his crap.god bless everyone,have a happy holiday.get out there and help someone,who is less fortune than you.It can always be worse,God is returning soon.love your enemies,and pray for them...
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#10 Dec 12, 2012
@crazy...what do I not understand, That your union went on strike after being told it would cause the company to shut down? That your union president gave himself an $80k raise after losing 18,500 jobs?
crazy

Dallas, GA

#11 Dec 14, 2012
deyquan do you think its okay that ceo,and board members voted their selfs big bonus in july??not to mention they stole our pension fund money.brian drisol must have payed off judge.take a look at the insurance plan they send you thats what pushed union over cliff.IT WAS PAST TIME TO END THIS CORP. GREED.wE CAN MOVE ON NOW,HERES TO WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY HOLIDAY...GOOD LUCK AND GODS BLESSINGS ON EACH ONE OF YOU....
Hostess Worker

Mokena, IL

#12 Dec 20, 2012
deyquan wrote:
Notice how none of the kool aid drinking bakers have nothing to say about this...morons.
Frank Hurt getting a pay raise didn`t bring down the Hostess Brands company. Hostess brought itself down.

But all of you union bashers keep ignoring the paycuts and concessions they gave over the last 10 years (no raise at all in over 10 years) and still insist the unions brought this company down.

Hating unions is one thing. Blaming them in the (hostess) case is just dead wrong.
crazy

Dallas, GA

#13 Dec 21, 2012
Hostess Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Hurt getting a pay raise didn`t bring down the Hostess Brands company. Hostess brought itself down.
But all of you union bashers keep ignoring the paycuts and concessions they gave over the last 10 years (no raise at all in over 10 years) and still insist the unions brought this company down.
Hating unions is one thing. Blaming them in the (hostess) case is just dead wrong.
agree with you 100% hostess worker,dont forget, not just no pay raise. we took a 10% paycut first bankrucpy case. then another one this time, with insurance premiums doubling.while the management was taking ungodly bonus for what?glad its over,hate it for customers!only 10% of whole company was union, so how did 2-3 % of the union that did strike close them. thats bunch of bull,ceo,and board members are still getting payed while we have no pension.bull!!!!!bye stinking twinkies,maybe who ever buys them,will make them less sweet.happy holidays..
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#14 Dec 22, 2012
You pople think you are skilled workers but you re not. echnoogy ha deskilled that work so that anyone can do it. Hene to thebottom of thepayscales for you all.
Now get back to the welfare line where you beong
husband laid off

Peoria, IL

#15 Dec 22, 2012
Brian, I am a waitress in a upscale steak house in Peoria and I never make under $800.00 dollars a week, plus my hourly pay, and I have benefits for my husband, kids and myself. My husband is going back to learn a trade and we will be just fine. Anyone from Hostess that does not mind being on their feet all day become a waitress. I make damn good money and I have a lot of regulars that come in that I wait on all the time. Really nice people. One gave me a $50.00 tip for Christmas. I also have a friend that works at McDonalds and has been their for 5 years. Started flipping burgers and now is the MANAGER!!! He makes good wages and has benefits. Good luck to all you Hostess people and have a Merry Christmas and may 2013 be a great year for all!!!!!!
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#16 Dec 22, 2012
husband laid off wrote:
Brian, I am a waitress in a upscale steak house in Peoria and I never make under $800.00 dollars a week, plus my hourly pay, and I have benefits for my husband, kids and myself. My husband is going back to learn a trade and we will be just fine. Anyone from Hostess that does not mind being on their feet all day become a waitress. I make damn good money and I have a lot of regulars that come in that I wait on all the time. Really nice people. One gave me a $50.00 tip for Christmas. I also have a friend that works at McDonalds and has been their for 5 years. Started flipping burgers and now is the MANAGER!!! He makes good wages and has benefits. Good luck to all you Hostess people and have a Merry Christmas and may 2013 be a great year for all!!!!!!
A lot of that is tips so you did turn that nuber into the IRS didn't you when ding your taxes instead of the implied tips that show up on your year end wage statement?
husband laid off

Peoria, IL

#17 Dec 22, 2012
I am honest!!!! I noticed you said on one of the sights you're self-employed. Never did see where you said you are paying taxes so.....how about you??? Are you paying self employment taxes and if you have employees you NOW have to offer benefits. Are you doing that?????? Are you filing with the IRS??????
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Yep I file all of my taxes and the assorted filing fees imposed upon me. The Fedreal Government isnt that bad, but the state of Illinois seems to have a regulatory report and naturally a fee for everything one does in the place.
I just may move across to Missouri soon like so many others have. Illinois is great for unions, liberals, perverts, corrupt politicians and taxes.
What a dump
Rested

Peoria, IL

#19 Dec 23, 2012
Brain....try to be nice it is the holidays!!!
former rsr

Richmond, VA

#20 Dec 24, 2012
Studying for my CDL class A time to move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstate Bakeries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IBC being bought out??? Rumors or Facts ? (Nov '11) Mar '15 Bimbo 139
News Twinkies still on the table: Judge orders Hoste... (Nov '12) Jan '14 corey 93
News Court approves sale of last of core Hostess assets (Jun '13) Dec '13 corey 5
News New Hostess owner prepares to re-start Ga. plant (Jun '13) Dec '13 Frisbee 65
Your union (Oct '13) Oct '13 FORMER UNION FOOL 2
Where will Hostess Brands pull out of next? (Sep '11) Jul '13 crazy 59
News Homicides in Newport News, 2007 (Nov '07) Jul '13 she was my bff 11
More from around the web