Hourly employees paying the price for...

Hourly employees paying the price for marine max losses.

Posted in the Marinemax Forum

FORMULA 88

Richmond, IN

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I am a currently employed by marine max as a tech / rigger .I have been in this industry for 20yrs and never have i before seen the people that make the money in a service setting take the hit by having their hours cut .And being told that the people that are salary did not recieve any cut is compleatly obsurd .I for one would love to know how us hourly people are to pay our bills & afford the fuel to drive to work with these cuts! OH BY THE WAY HOW MUCH WAS BILL MCGILLS BONOUS THIS TIME AROUND!
FORMULA 88

Richmond, IN

#2 Feb 7, 2008
Maby they should try cutting their own salarys .And not take it out on the people that work and try to take care of their familys!
sinking fast

Columbia, SC

#3 Dec 22, 2008
Not just hourly people that have been cut, it is salaried. They keep the "GQ" managers, who look the part, but have zero management/sales skills. But they sure do look good!
stretch

Darby, PA

#4 Apr 1, 2009
hello,
i worked for marinemax for 2 years and the company plays favorites and i am saddened to hear how it is treating its employees after i left the company.

2tall
minnie_mouse

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2009
lorie maulch needs to be fired. she is not worthy to run a lemonade stand. she is one of the worst managers i have ever seen in all my working days. she is most incompetent. how was she ever a controller at one of the stores. all the stories about her behavior and and incompetence are true. she is most assuredly childish in every way. she would know a good employee if they slapped her in the face, which many of the employees wanted to do. she will get hers just as misty shaffstall did.
been their

Young Harris, GA

#6 Apr 19, 2009
I worked for a boatyard for nearly twenty years,leaving just before MM took over.During the 1990s I watched as the boat biz went from the seasoned yachtsmen to being controlled by bean counters(accountants), butt kissers and bootlickers.
I do not know any of the MM management but from what I read they seemed to fit into the latter of the above statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marinemax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analysts: Marine market continues to deteriorate (Apr '08) Nov '15 Fraudulent Passport 30
Misrepresentation of brokered boat (Jul '14) Jul '14 sowder 1
News MarineMax Inc. buys Orlando, Daytona Parker Boa... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Bert123 2
News Increasing Short on MarineMax (Dec '07) Oct '08 jobe 5
News MarineMax Inc. (Jan '08) Apr '08 Non-Paying Customer 2
More from around the web