In the same cell -- and on opposite s...

In the same cell -- and on opposite sides of murder case

There are 2 comments on the Star Tribune story from Mar 22, 2008, titled In the same cell -- and on opposite sides of murder case. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

“I crawled on the floor by Ira because he was choking on his blood, he was gurgling.”

With his eyes black and swollen from a jailhouse beating, Steven Hawkins took the stand Friday to testify against the man he says attacked him for fingering him in a murder. via Star Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

Penny

Middleton, WI

#1 Mar 22, 2008
So much for the idea that dangerous inmates are not mixed with non-violent. I knew it was not true but others thought differently. I have heard the stories of murderers being in the same cell with first time offenders. They use it for a scare tactic I think. Dumb. They know they can't watch them every second. Some of these people are career criminals and won't think twice about hurting someone else, they are spending their lives in prison anyway. We need to stop thinking of people who get put in jail as all a bunch of hardened criminals. We are creating criminals everyday by letting them intermingle and corrupt each other.
A BELOVED FRIEND

Wayzata, MN

#2 Mar 25, 2008
I THINK THAT IS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT THEM POPLE KNEW WHAT THEY WAYS DOING BUT BECAUSE THERE JOB WAS TO MAKE SURE THE INMATES APPER TO COURT ON TIME.THATS ALL YOU SEE THEY CALLED THEM CRACK DEALERS THEY DONT KNOW SHIT. CHUCKIE & IRA YOU WILL BE MISSED LOVE YALL LOTS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-abortion Activists Celebrate Supreme Court... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Edward J Cejka 2
News Gay Couples Choosing Whether to Re-Celebrate Vows (Jul '13) Jul '13 Europa Report 3
News Justices side with Medtronic (Feb '08) Feb '08 Brutis 1
More from around the web