Humana 1Q profit up 157 percent

Humana 1Q profit up 157 percent

There are 2 comments on the www.bizjournals.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Humana 1Q profit up 157 percent . In it, www.bizjournals.com reports that:

Health insurer Humana Inc. 's first-quarter profit jumped 157 percent on an increase in membership in its Medicare Advantage and Military Services plans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bizjournals.com.

Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 27, 2009
205.7 Million dollars in profit. I guess they are charging a lot more for insurance than they have to pay in claims. Just think of the giant bonuses they paid out even before the profit numbers.(Bonuses are compensation to executives for "work" performed and not reported as profit.)

And that was only for the first quarter.
A Perspective

Hudsonville, MI

#3 Apr 28, 2009
That company needs to be investigated for its' practices. 157% profit is unbelievable. If it's too good to be true, usually it is. We, the public, have been scammed by these greedy companies long enough. A full-blown Gov't investigation needs to take place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Humana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fraulent Provider Jan '16 GaryG 1
Is harassment allowed in Humana Corporate cultu... (Apr '13) Oct '15 HumLife 17
Humana Part D customer service is elderly abuse (Mar '06) Apr '15 Connie 41
News Department of Defense awards Humana Military ne... (May '09) Oct '14 Leachmark707 9
Humana Part "D" (Nov '13) Feb '14 locoterry 3
News Ex-Humana manager pleads guilty to bribery (Feb '13) Nov '13 Nancy Jones 4
News Stay Smart, Stay Healthy: Humana Using New Medi... (Nov '08) Nov '13 Nancy Jones 2
More from around the web