Misslead on Doctor being in my Network

Misslead on Doctor being in my Network

Posted in the Humana Forum

TomR

Burkburnett, TX

#1 Mar 29, 2013
I am really just venting over being mislead about my Doctor being in my network when I signed up with Humanna.As it turned out my Doctor is not in my network. Unluckily I discovered this after my first visit last month. The cost for the Annual/First visit was approx $1K . Humanna paid $71.( no wonder Doctors don't want to take Medicare patients) my part <so far> is $250. and waiting for more bills to come in. I am not sure, but I think if I just had straight Medicare I would have come out better. I haven't decided to change coverage yet, but I am changing Doctors, but I am afraid to see what my part of the bill will be when I go to this Doctor. I am told that since I did not get the Welcome to Medicare or what ever the first visit is. That I can still get it. I just need to get the first Bill paid off before I risk it again. Of course Humanna just keeps repeating that my Doctor is out of net, even though I was told my Doctor was. But one things for sure. At this time I would not recommend Humanna to anyone. As a mater of fact I would tell everyone to Not get Humanna for their Medicare provider.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Humana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humana Part D customer service is elderly abuse (Mar '06) Jun '17 ocostich 42
Child-Only Coverage (May '17) May '17 Katie 1
Narval CC Device for sleep apnea (Mar '17) Mar '17 jeaukool 1
Is harassment allowed in Humana Corporate cultu... (Apr '13) Jan '17 solidarity 18
Out-Of-Pocket and copays (Sep '16) Sep '16 My Honest opinion 2
Fraulent Provider (Jan '16) Jan '16 GaryG 1
News Department of Defense awards Humana Military ne... (May '09) Oct '14 Leachmark707 9
More from around the web