LI CEOs make less as economy crumbles

LI CEOs make less as economy crumbles

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 22, 2009, titled LI CEOs make less as economy crumbles. In it, Newsday reports that:

Many local businesses did not fare well in 2008 as the economy crumbled, and the chief executives of two of the three largest Long Island companies did not make as much money as they did in 2007, while the third got a raise but voluntarily took a cut in his bonus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

damian

Lebanon, NH

#1 Apr 22, 2009
The greed of these high paid executives is difficult to fathom.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#2 Apr 22, 2009
guess that explains the empty front row seats in Yankee Stadium

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#3 Apr 22, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
guess that explains the empty front row seats in Yankee Stadium
The IRS should audit them, and then have a middle class break day.
ndeflon

Mahwah, NJ

#4 Apr 22, 2009
My heart really bleeds for these people. Hah! A healthy dose of Schadenfreude is good for my soul.
Jersey Shore Guy

Bronx, NY

#5 Apr 22, 2009
Two things:

1. There never seems to be a stipulation in these execs contract that actually call for cuts when the profits shrink or disappear completely.

2. Working and middle class people are usually up against other job candidates willing to work for less. The big execs do not seem to have that problem.

I will run Cablevision for 8 million per year- flat salary. I'll even pay my own health insurance premiums.
tommyrotten balderdash

East Quogue, NY

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Their bonus cuts represent nothing more than chump change to the average American worker. Felix Unger to them all.
MLK day

Andover, NJ

#7 Apr 22, 2009
Yeah, but the Long Island Teachers are still getting their raises. How sad. These people ask for Parental involvement but where are they when times are tough for the Private Sector?

William Floyd teachers did not give up a Raise, They gave up a small percentage of a raise. They didn't save the town 1 Million dollars they only took 2.5% of the 3.5% increase they were "entitled" to. so the Town is still in the hole for about 3 mill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Schein Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Med-supplier Henry Schein to lay off 300 (Nov '08) Aug '11 PDBederson 3
News LI CEOs make less as economy crumbles (Jul '09) Jul '09 J Harding 1
News LI businesses react to swine flu outbreak (Apr '09) Apr '09 Curious George Pres 5
News LI CEOs make less as economy crumbles (Apr '09) Apr '09 do it 7
News Stock slide includes LI's 10 biggest companies (Mar '09) Mar '09 u serious 8
News Henry Schein net falls 27% in 4Q (Feb '09) Feb '09 Bearish 1
News Henry Schein sales and profits rise - (Nov '07) Jan '09 Capt Scampers 6
More from around the web