4 Palm Bay co-workers contract staph infections

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Four co-workers have been infected with an antibiotic-resistant staph infection, but they do not pose a threat to the community, a county health official said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Celia McCulty

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Anyone who would say MRSA is not dangerous is either stupid or lying through their teeth. People are dying from it everyday and it is like a plague, another AIDS. It is picked up from ER's and any medical facility because there has been someone there with it and it wasn't known. It is very easily spread. I know all this because it is in my family and it is horrible and hard to cure, almost impossible. In fact my son-in-law was told by the doctor who is treating him he would be a carrier the rest of his life. Does that not sound dangerous??? If you have to go to any type of medical facility, ER's are the worst, if you have an open sore make sure it is covered with an antibiotic and a bandaage and put Neosporin around your nostrils. That is one of the best breeding places, in the nose hairs.

Since: Jul 08

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Celia McCulty wrote:
Anyone who would say MRSA is not dangerous is either stupid or lying through their teeth. People are dying from it everyday and it is like a plague, another AIDS. It is picked up from ER's and any medical facility because there has been someone there with it and it wasn't known. It is very easily spread. I know all this because it is in my family and it is horrible and hard to cure, almost impossible. In fact my son-in-law was told by the doctor who is treating him he would be a carrier the rest of his life. Does that not sound dangerous??? If you have to go to any type of medical facility, ER's are the worst, if you have an open sore make sure it is covered with an antibiotic and a bandaage and put Neosporin around your nostrils. That is one of the best breeding places, in the nose hairs.
If you want to go shopping for a disease...go to the hospital...plenty to choose from...techs don't wear gloves for fashion kudos.....
Vostro

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

What do they mean by carrier? I thought they got the sore and through that they where contagious, but once that is gone, they are fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harris Corporation Discussions

Search the Harris Corporation Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Harris Corporation Launches IP-based Air Traffi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 migan 00966536685340 1
Harris Sets Up Equipment Financing (Sep '07) Dec '11 Janie Graham 2
Harris Corp. Wins IDIQ Contract with Potential ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 LoveHarrisStock 1
Mark Kelley Joins Donovan Data Systems as Repor... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Jeffery 1
Getting a job or internship with Harris RF Divi... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Paul 1
Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100 jobs (Nov '10) Nov '10 Always an Acre boy 47
Harris Corporation's Maritime Technology and Se... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Rachel 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••